Flowering times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowering times?

Hey all, im about six weeks into flowering, and im still unsure of when my harvest time is supposed to be. I always read how ppl say disregard what the description of seeds say in terms of how long it will take. Ps i know checking pistils and trichomes can help, but i would like to know how many weeks so i can prepare to flush.
    ​​​​​​

Don’t think your going to get an answer to that! To many variables. Watch trichomes is the only sure way I know of. When half are cloudy start flushing. (Depending on how u like it)
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• H4john
      H4john commented
      Editing a comment
      True enough, was trying to see in terms of ppl keeping track of flowering, their wait vs how long it said on the package of seeds

Without pics nobody can guess.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      You want my advice. Keep feeding until you are convinced it’s ready. Then flush and wait another 10 days to chop her down. 9 out of 10 first growers harvest early. The other one harvest just in time thinking it was too late.

• H4john
      H4john commented
      Editing a comment
      I wasnt going for that i can check myself. Im asking ppl who have grown and kept track, how accurate was the package labeling for flowering time.

"You want my advice. Keep feeding until you are convinced it’s ready. Then flush and wait another 10 days to chop her down. 9 out of 10 first growers harvest early. The other one harvest just in time thinking it was too late."

That seems like a good idea thanks 9finger.

Comment

• H4john
      H4john commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, dropped some good knowledge on me there. Very well said, il be sure to remember that.

• MadMike
      MadMike commented
      Editing a comment
      @9fingerleafs
      That's very helpful info. I harvested too early myself last crop. Those numbers just start pressuring you.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad I can help guys. Lots of marketing these days. Just like with nutrients and additives u can’t believe everything they say

With all the strains I've grown, it's been 2-3 weeks longer than advertised with photos. I've never done an auto grow, so I'm no help there. But that's just what I've experienced and in no way say chop yours based on my experience.

Comment

• H4john
      H4john commented
      Editing a comment
      Im also growong photos, thank you, thats the exact answer i was looking for.

If I don't know what strain I'm dealing with, I look at the leaves. Broad leaf, Indica dominate, I go 8-10 weeks flowering. Skinny leaf, Sativa dominate. I go 9-11 weeks. When you get around that time frame. Start checking the Trichomes.

Comment

• Waltermelon
      Waltermelon commented
      Editing a comment
      I just had a Columbian gold plant go 16 weeks at 12/12, advertised at 9-10. Some can even go longer. Mekong haze was even advertised at 18 weeks, I don't even want to guess how long that would take to grow out.

Listen to what the others have said. My experience is that my grows ALWAYS take longer than breeders guidelines. Grew AK-48 because flower time was advertised at 48 days, mine took closer to 90 days. Now growing autos advertised as 8 to 9 weeks, I am now in week 14 and looking for amber...
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning PuravidaC, Brother, they have got to be super close ,by now, what do they look like today ??

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      I took one down last week and letting the others go a little longer to show more Amber. Probably early next week.

Thanks everyone, glad i posted this thread. Lots of good info here.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X