Bag seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bag seed

to me this is bag seed unknown seeds from Mexican brick weed ,but I see so many posts about it I wonder if others mean different seeds,opinions please
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Morning OJH, thank goodness for bagseed, purty sure that's where we all, that are of any age, got our feet wet.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

I'm with you OJH, I think it has to do with our age. I've always considered bag seed to be from what we called Mexican dirt weed. I once had a bag with an almost equal number of seeds and little damn pea gravel that looked just like seed. I don't know if it came up with the roots, or if somebody threw a couple fistfuls in each brick for weight. Although I gotta say like most of us my first indoor grow was "bag seed" and I ended up with just over six oz. of kick ass bud..... Nurture over nature.

Comment

Bagseed to me is any seed with "Unknown Genetics"
        That way we don't call different strains by the same name. If I find a seed in some dank weed, I can't trust it to be 100% what I am smoking. It may have been pollinated by another strain. Therefore I simply call it "bagseed."
        I am growing some seeds I found in some Bruce Banner but I am hesitant to call it that. I may be growing exactly that or something completely different depending on the pollen donor.

Bagseed today is from amazing, potent strains. The winds have shifted from 20 years ago when sensimilla was hard to find. Now if we find a few seeds in some quality buds we get excited! Yay free genetics.

*this is coming from a Millennial so probably an age thing

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          well put King Kush. I recently grew 2 bag seeds one from a dutch treat bag and another from gg#4 bag. I didn't want to say I grew gg#4 because it just didn't smell or taste the same. Don't know if it was just a poor cure, but the dutch treat was amazingly similar to the bag I got it from. Smell and taste were the same but my potency was 6% more then the bag I got it from. So every time I find a seed in a bag of killer smoke I get excited because I know that it was from good genetics and might be better then what I just smoked. I don't think now a days you have to worry so much about your bag seeds being run of the mill. Compared to when brick weed or Mexican red hair was so abundant. I haven't seen that stuff in years rofl.

• Waltermelon
          Waltermelon commented
          Editing a comment
          Very similar genetics probably. I had really good luck with World Of Seeds. I got a Kilimanjaro, and afgani freebie and those both did really well. I kept a clone from all three and growing mothers of each. Makes for a crowded veg area, but manageable so far.

• BlueBudz
          BlueBudz commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree kingkush. that’s what I considered bagseed.

If i found a seed in good weed I purchase from dealer I would still consider that bag seed too and when it comes to the name of the strain I wouldn't believe it was what they said it was at least not 100%

Comment

Some of the best buds I've ever grown came from a bag. If I remember correctly, the legend of chemdog came from a bag of schwag. I personally love growing a bagseed. It's kind of like fishing, you have no idea what you have until you're finished. Purples, blacks, and heavy heavy yielders is all I've ever gotten from them. None were just mediocre. I was always up front about it being bagseed.

Comment

thanks guys yup its an age thing lol now I understand and it makes sense lol I to started with bag seed in fact thats the bag of seeds I got my first grow from and it was kick ass bud just needed some tlc
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I’ve grown like 40 of this Mexican bagseeds over the last year. Let me tell you this. I’ve found only two males and one hermie so to starters they’re usually “feminized” seeds. The other thing to point out is get ready to get very different plants. Some fast some slow. Some squat some long and lanky. Definitely hybrids. Farmers have been buying indica seeds every five year since the 80s but the wild Mexican genetics keeps overriding on the phenos. It’s a fun way to find new and exciting plants

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                your right 9 fingerleafs the stuff I grew was pretty good but I started 30 plants and I think I got 2 females lol guess I stressed them out some .

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                Damn that’s no fun. A big waste of resources

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X