• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Led lights

Hello all
    I grow with led lights
    I have 3 x 1500 watt
    I would like to know how far you have your lights away from your plants when in flower.
    The reason I ask this is because I had my lights set at 18 inches above my plants and only got 15 oz off 6 plants.
    All my plants were very healthy.
    Many thanks
    Yours Cindy 😎

Only got just about a pound........hmmmm.
    I follow the guidelines the manufacturer of my LEDS gave me. Different heights for all the different stages.
    If you need more than a pound at a time, I would suggest you use High Pressure Sodium bulbs.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

What strains? Guessing genetics might play a part. I also have a 1500 watt led. Still on my 1st grow. Hoping to harvest in 5 weeks or so. My manufacturer suggests 2 to 4 feet above plants in veg and bloom.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Hi madman
        My plants were white widow

Comment

After reading through some blogs on WW, they average 3 to 4 ounces per plant. At 3 oz you were fairly close at 15 oz vs 18.

I had to move my lights from 18 to 40 inches in veg as my plants were turning away from the light. I eventually moved it to 23 inches and back to 40 when I flipped to flower. I will let you know how my plants fair in the weight dept.

Comment

Wow, Cindy, when Madman put it that way, it sounds like you did pretty good given the plant's traits. Not bad! But it does sound like a rather a whole hecuva lot of light for some little plants.
          Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy Nightshade View Post
            Hello all
            I grow with led lights
            I have 3 x 1500 watt
            Do you have any more info on the lamps you use?
            If they are like most blurple lamps I've seen, it probably only uses 300-400W of power. Based on how one of my old King 1200w(300 real) illuminates a 2.5x3 closet grow w/ two autos, I have to keep at least 18" to stop bleaching. When I measure with my PAR meter, it will hover at 500+ umoles@18". If you really want to maintain a consistent light intensity, getting a PAR meter is just as essential as a pH pen.
            I feel that yield is more dependent on training and length of vegging-let you plants grow into trees and you'll get more meds, kinda works that way.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

What I am going to do is get one more light and have all my lights set at 24 inches above my plants. Hopefully that will work.
              Yours Cindy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X