Hash Plant day 28 - yellow leaves are showing at the bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hash Plant day 28 - yellow leaves are showing at the bottom

I know it's normal to see some yellow leaves at the bottom the plant for which I believe it's a nitrogen deficiency but I don't want to give them more nitrogen at this stage of flowering. Am I right to say that ? Should I give them a supplement of it ? Or should I stay on course and feed them just bloom nutrients like Tiger Bloom from FoxFarm and on occasion some unsulfured molasses. I've got maybe 30 days left before harvesting.

Humidity : 30 - 40 %
    Temp: 26C and 20C at night
    PH is 6.0 to 6.3
    Using a 430W HPS & 1500W full spectrum Led with a 250W white light
    medium : organic soil in a 7 gallons pot
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Nice flowers. I don't see the yellowing you're talking about.

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      At the bottom of the plant , I dont have some pics yet.

When did you start cutting nitrogen? They do seem a bit yellow for you being only on day 30... What strain?

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      2 weeks into flowering. The yellow you see on top of the colas are from the HPS bulb. I meant the bottom leaves. The strain is Hash Plant.
      Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-28-2018, 01:38 PM.

• Waltermelon
      Waltermelon commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I would take some pics without the hps light so we can get a good idea what it looks like. You cut nitrogen WAY too early IMHO. I usually cut down my micro (6-0-0) gradually through week 5. That's from a peak of 8ml a gal down to using 0ml at the start of week 6. I still use Calimagic (1-0-0) through week 7 of an 8 week strain (hadn't had the pleasure of dealing with too many 8 week strains)

Ok thanks Waltermelon, for my next crop i"ll use your recommendation. I'm planning for two types of sativa. Panama & Acapulco Gold all Feminised seeds.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller

Comment

Without the HPS light
      Full auto grow

Comment

Middle and top leaves are still all green...
        Full auto grow

Comment

Full auto grow

Comment

Morning Farmbuck, I thought you was in supersoil, an jus using molasses an stuff, how long you been feeding them ?
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Good morning from Canada DAAS69, nope I'm using just plain organic soil with perlite. As for feeding well I used Tiger Bloom twice a week and molasses every 8 days or so. I stopped my Alaskan (5.1.1) fish nutrient around the second week of flowering, guess I should have wait a little bit more. I did give the girls a little supplement of nitro and the yellowing seems to slow down. This morning I checked and I don't see any more yellow leaves at the bottom and the colas are getting a bit fatter. For your info, the middle and the top leaves are still green.

Cheers,

FarmBuck

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Farmbuck, hate it took so long, but man your plants look fine to me, you know what your doing, but they sure are pretty. You might want to try to get your temps down like OzBud says, that is a little high, you don't want no mold or nothin, I know you got a good breeze on them, an they aint rubbing on each other.
              But I sure thought you was using supersoil. Have a great day, I ain't seen U2 on here in a while.

26C is a bit high for flowering.
            Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
            600W HPS
            Coco
            GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
            Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

I agree with DAAS and DoctorJohnson, that your plants look great and aren't suffering from deficiency. I would only add nitrogen during flower if you have been a heavy defoliator, and you were running low on healthy, green leaves. If you were to clip off all of the yellowing leaves, would you still have lots of leaves left? If so, I would skip the nitrogen, it may reduce bud growth.
              Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Ok thanks guys for your advice. I still have the middle & the top full of green leaves so crossing my finger till the end. As for the nitro I'm back feeding them with Tiger Bloom twice a week. And for the temperature well 26C reading at 12 inches from the HPS bulb, the room is at 22C during the day, at night it goes down to 19C..... Remember I'm growing north of Canada so I keep my room in my basement around 20C or else it will snow inside loll. Seriously some nights it goes below as low to -30C so I have no choice. So I should raise my HPS to 24 inches or more ?
                Full auto grow

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Farmbuck, man that's cold up that way, is that up there by Newfoundland?
                  I met a family from Newfoundland one time, an man ,they were some fine people, kinda different, but they was nice folks.
                  As long as you ain't seeing no damage, I wouldn't worry, what's the humidity like up that way ?

Good evening sir, nope I'm north of Québec DAAS69, yep I'm a French-Canadian living in this damn cold part of the world..... You may have notice by now my french accent loll. For the humidity I will say when it's cold outside is close to 30% but during the summer it gets pretty damp. So now you know who I am !! And you sir which part of the world you live if you don't mind.

Oh yes my garden is also about 30% HR but a little higher during the night around 40%

So 26C is too high for my girls even for 12 hours ?

Cheers,

FarmBuck
                Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-30-2018, 11:00 AM.
                Full auto grow

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's why I asked, I heard your accent, similar to those folks that were born on the bayou, in Loisianna, I'm from misipi.
                  Take care.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X