Your Thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Thought

NebulaHaze I have read your website from front to back. When I started this hobby your website stuck out to me amongst all the other choices of knowledge I could have gone by. you get right to the point and you hold beginners hands to get them through complicated things. So thank you for all you have done for the people that wouldn’t have a clue on some things if it wasn’t for your site . Anything I say that sounds like knowledge towards growing was because I learned it from your site or it was already common green thumb knowledge . Now all that being said, when you look at the picture of the leaf I posted , what are the first thoughts
    that pop up? I know I’m not listing all the variables but I just want to see what a professional thinks at first glance , thats it .... it could help trigger my memory on what went wrong too .... Thanks Nebula!

Evening CB, not trying to cut in or anything but with all that reading you would see where Nebula has said to take pictures in good light.
    No one can see the picture clear enough in that Led light.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S.69, did I ever tell you I'm legally blind! I can't see s*** wrong in those pictures under those lights.

• CoberBrandon
      CoberBrandon commented
      Editing a comment
      😂😂😂 I want to be blind too in this case

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you MrFurley, no one else could either if you couldnt, I guess we can always say bug problems when we see crinkled leaves, just to be safe I reckon, haha

After some relaxing and reading that I had forgot about, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ve over watered these plants
    at the seedling stage and caused a bit of root damage. The
    leaf in the second picture looks like root damage from over watering . I did over water a little bit at the start , trying to keep a water schedule that worked for me. But I’m just guessing here lol

Comment

From what I can see from the 2nd pic I will offer a couple other things to research.

Russet Mites or maybe Boron. Both make leaves appear like that.

But all I can really say.
      ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• CoberBrandon
        CoberBrandon commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man!

• CoberBrandon
        CoberBrandon commented
        Editing a comment
        Boron is actually a huge possibility considering the time of year , where I have the tent, and my forgetfulness watering schedule I had at the start of this Grow lol , either way I’m getting further away from thinking it’s russets 😂

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        For sure man. Good luck.

Mr.furley

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you CoberBrandon for your understanding and compassion in your response. since my last PTSD attack I've been afraid to talk on here with some of the comments I've been seeing about grammar, no information having, asking us to go read their other threads and what not, I have better things to do with my one-armed ,one-eyed ass then to helping someone that just wants to talk s***. I can already tell you're not that kind of person and again thanks for giving me a chance to help.
        Here's what mr. Furley thinks.
        My first inclination was that your light is too close and you got light burn I am not an LED guy but I understand that 24 to 30 inchs is a common number for those. The twisting of your leaves could be also happening due to a pH problem in your roots zone, I noticed reading your other thread that you don't have way to test your pH, if you've moved your light up I would see how that affects your new growth but I would definitely get your pH in check. Now as far as pot sites goes sometimes plants that get root bound can also have this problem but it sounds like you got them in a new pot so they should be okay. It sounds like you have good circulation and a handle on your fans so it wouldn't be windburn which was another thought I was guessing on. One more piece of advice from mr. Furley, that Miracle Grow perlite you're using could be the source of your problem although I think it's light burn let me tell you why Miracle-Gro is not good for cannabis I don't care what any other growere says that perlite has their product in it! the reason that I'm saying this is because I, like you bought some from Walmart, used it through a grow and had Twisted leaves as well not excluding other problems I would highly suggest that you don't use that product anymore that's just my opinion on it but you're free to do what you want with it.
        Hope this helps and thanks for giving me a compassionate chance.

• CoberBrandon
        CoberBrandon commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Mr.Furley.... I haven’t been monitoring my PH once this Grow, my incompetence has caused me stress and irrational thinking. A friend schooled me in the importance of PH monitoring today and I’ve flushed all 4 plants with cal mag and neutral PH water until I got a run off kind of close to 6PH. My initial run offs when I started the flushing were Around 5. I think using the large amount of miracle grow helped me reach my PH problems but I should have been monitoring the PH the whole time anyway....

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear CoberBrandon, ph will definitely cause you problems. it is important to know where you stand with it at all times. I truly believe that the "taco looking" leafs is a touch of light stress as well. you should seen improvement with the distance you moved up, you may need to bump it a little higher depending on model and your wattage? Overall your plant look good, by catching this quick your going to be just fine.
        I've got a one more little tip for you this evening: trying to repeat yourself on your grow is daunting you can place it on your signature and It will follow you around like mine does here's how.
        Top right corner click on your name
        Click users settings
        Click accounts
        Scroll down to Edit post signature
        Click and enter your info only one time and poof!
        Welcome to the Forum Cober
        Mr.Furley

Did you treat for the russet mites yet?
      ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• CoberBrandon
        CoberBrandon commented
        Editing a comment
        Urbz man I hate to say this , but I was confused, as I usually am over most of the dramatic situations that occur in my life. I lost my shit this weekend and all rational thinking and put in my mind so many different scenarios. Man I tell you I was %100 sure I saw eggs from mites, and today I got a hold of an old family friend that has a hydro store up north from me. He told me to bring the leaves to his shop, he has a really good digital microscope. He put this lense on the leaves and he noticed the same things I noticed, and his first thought was eggs too. He studied the leaves for around 45 min and it was decided because they look so green still but have no infestation movement, there can’t be any bugs. He had me leave the store with a PH solution reading dye , CaliMagic, and PH down solution and I’ve flushed all 4 plants. The initial readings of the PH in my first run off were low low , around 5. I flushed four plants , took so long to get the run off water to be near PH of 6 but I think this is going to get me going on the right track again. I was reminded how important it is to monitor that PH every now and again, kinda embarrassing really 😂

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool. Definitely sounds like balancing that pH will help.

It seems it was root problems all along.

We all lose our shit sometimes. But its all about how fast you find it that matters.

Happy growing.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X