Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long should I leave my girls in Veg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long should I leave my girls in Veg?

I'm wondering how many weeks should I leave my girls in Veg? Also I'm using Fox Farms Trio in soil and was wondering if I'm leaving them in Veg for longer than the standard what week # feeding schedule should I use while I keep them in Veg longer.

They're yours and you can veg them as long as you want. I veged a mother I had for 3 years. It all depends on you're goals. Use the week 4 veg nute formula.

Comment

Generally you would just repeat the dose for the final veg week with your nutes. Then change to flower dosages when you flip to flower. You can Veg as long as you want. When plant is about half the size you want it to end up then flip to flower.

Comment

Start by asking 1) how much pot do you intend to yield? 2) how much plant (tall X wide) you wish to end up with in your grow space, and 3) how long are you willing to wait to increase your yield?

Those questions will balance your need to follow or select your strain's natural traits for yield and speed, growth characteristics, give you an idea of how long it will take that plant to achieve that size given your medium, and the time it takes to reach 30-50% of the height as measured between the maximum height of your lights and the top of your medium, and whether you're willing to wait as long as it takes to fill your grow space to its maximal capacity.
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

I veg mine how ever long the breeder says to flower. If it says 8-9 weeks for flowering then that is how long I veg them. I feed them vegging nutes until I flip them then feed them flowering nutes.

Comment

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            Kingfish, do you find that your yields are somewhat consistent with what they say you should get, that way?

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Generics and your individual growing style determines your yield.

Good advice so far. I veg long enough to let me craft the structure I'm looking for and then flip. Since I manifold all of my plants it's usually about 2 months.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

You can veg for as long as you want is true. Auto flowering plants don't take long at all. Plants often double or triple in size after you flip. Keeping that in mind indoor or outdoor how much space do you have how much soil you will need how much do you want to yield lots of things to consider. I saw an article here on gwe some veg for only 30 days. I went 50 days from seed just waiting on a 30 day mark from another seed. The 30 day old one isn't quite as big and I have another that was stunted. There's a great article on gwe where people say you can veg for to long if you want to flower and get a good yield. My first grow I vegged for 3 months got 3 oz off one and 3.5 from another. Very inexperienced as I am I thought it was pretty decent. Actually a lot better then I had even thought of.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Veging longer allows you to shape the plant, if you like, via different methods. Low stress training or cropping/cutting allow you to easily change how the buds grow, how many main cola, and even the quality of buds.

Height of your strain vs room in your room are things you need to be mindful of. Small rooms need smaller plants so they don’t burn against your lights. Training them to spread out can help, but keep in mind how much they stretch when you flip. Some strains stretch more than others after the flip.

Also so as above it depends on how much finished product you need to achieve. Need less? Veg less. Need more veg. Veg a little longer and create more bud sites through shaping the plant.... does this help?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X