No announcement yet.

Dry ice hash to concentrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m actually very impressed with it. Any oil I have smoked has always been harsh but this stuff is smooth AF! Good luck
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

So I placed the concentrate back on the heating mat and placed in front of my heater vent. Forgot about it again and came back to a darker, flexible product. Going to try it out of my nectar collector tonight and see how it goes. ended up with 8.8 grams
      "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
      5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
      600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
      Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
      400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
      ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
      13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        WOW, Rosetta, that's cool!!!

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks like your getting a nice product to work with.Anxious to see what you get in the end..I'm new to all these oils, rosins, tinctures, whatever. Its really interesting to see what everyone is coming up with.
        When I was in Oregon I tries some shatter. I really liked the consistency of that because it doesn't get soft and sticky like rosin or hash oil. and you can use it in lots of ways. Anyone ever made any or know how to?

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        ZigZag that is usually made with butane, propane, super critical CO2. It is much harder to make and dangerous if you are just going to wing it. Also need some pretty pricey equipment to do it right.

all caught up rosetta I dont know why but the way my pages are shown keeps going back to date started instead of last update so there a lot of posts that I have to catch up on lol
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to fix mine too

Worked great on top of a bowl, not so much out of the nectar collector. Left a bitter taste at the end but not terrible, just a little off. For whatever reason it tastes better on top of some bud. Either way....sweet fancy Moses does it do a number on you. So over all not bad, just the appearance needs to be cleaned up.
      "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
      600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s all about effectiveness for me! Well nice taste helps too but as long as it works well! Good job!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I am still stunned and amazed at how powerful the concentrated stuff is; it just blows me away that I am the one making it!!!

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, so much better than buying

So much more interesting too. Also_if I had to buy the amount of weed you need to experiment with all these types of refined products I'd never be able to afford it! Plus, I rarely see or taste bud from a dispensary thats as nice as what we grow! I just got a killer hit off my bong. Took a little pinch off a sticky bud put it on the bottom off the bowl, then a little dry ice hash on top of that and then a rice sized piece of frozen rosin.
      I also think it might have taken me 10 minutes to write this. Maybe I better sign off for now....talk to you all later. No aurora for me tonight, clouds just rolled in.Maybe the aurora will arrive tomorrow night instead.
      I think I even have some northern Lights #4 left in the freezer too!
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

well I had an omelet with my decarbed trim and once again I smoked a kush doobie about 9 am and went down cellar to work came up about 115 and didn't want to smoke until 230 not a bad morning at all
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a good morning! Probably pretty productive too

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Not too shabby at all!! I'm finding that the concentrates/tinctures really help me to get work done and stay quite pleasantly and inspiringly focused.

Last night I made some rosin using decarbed bud and it worked really well. The rosin as an edible was very strong and It also was great to smoke. Not as much flavor as bud, but very strong.
        I'm not sure but I think I got less rosin from the decarbed bud than from the regular flowers but it was easier and I think it decarbed better than if i waited to decarb after making the rosin.
        i'm gonna have to watch it though_ Like altatup commented_ the tincture i made from the NYC sour diesel was uplifting and focused_good for putting pain in the background and doing what needs to be done.
        But the rosin I made from the Chocolate Mint OG (Humbolt Seeds) kicked so hard all I could do was veg on the sofa. I wasn't in any pain for sure but I was too stoned to do much else. But the Chocolate Mint OG tested at 26% THC and the NYC Sour Diesel was 19%. I still can't seem to predict how strong its gonna be in the end even knowing the strength of the bud. Must be because you can concentrate them and then the only way to be sure is to tartrate.
        liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Vegging on the sofa is not a bad thing!! Great work, Zig!!

I wish there was a way we could all get together and sample our efforts/ concoctions/ etc....it would be fun and informative!

Comment

I have a request from my buddy who hooked me up with my equipment. He has a family friend battling cancer right now and not doing good. I need to make something edible to help with nausea and help her have an appetite. I was leaning towards a four ingredient chocolate recipe. I have dry trim from last harvest I can make hash from. How much hash would one use to make a double potent batch of coconut oil? Any advice would be appreciated

Comment

• ZigZag
            ZigZag commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm on about my 6th batch of coconut and olive oil. Both are good. Its the flavor thing thats important between which you use. Coconut is great for spicy Thai or for chocolates too. Olive oil is better for salad dressings or stuff like that. But you can also use either and put the oil in gell caps (XXsize).Its easy_ just use an eye dropper, fill cap almost to top and the cap it. You can also use alcohol to make tinctures which if reduced can be very potent. Caps are a great way to get the medical effects without having to taste the product and also easy to work your way up to the potency that works best. How much hash depends on the THC content of the strain(s). So you just have to make some and then titrate the results (test it out on yourself a bit at a time)_especially before you give it to someone else! Sometimes I just need one cap and sometimes 2 or 3. I just tried making a tincture with some rosin I made from decarbed bud. First I decarbed the bud and made the rosin, let it cool. Then I took one oz of Everclear dropped a 1/4 inch square of the rosin into the Everclear, let it dissolve for about an hour at room temp and then stared with 1/8 of a teaspoon under my tongue and about 15 minutes latter was feeling no pain. I used a strain called Wonder Dawg_ a new one from Sour Seeds Co._ it tested 17% THC and 11% CBD. These are regular seeds so you get what you get and need to start with enough to make sure you get as many females as you'll need.These plants are very cool looking too. Hope that helps.
            Oh yeah_ I seem to get more "kick" from dry ice hash mixed with either oil and not separated_ just put the oil and the hash into caps, no waste and no taste. I just tried using it that way in olive oil in a carrot cake and never knew the MJ was an ingredient!

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you decarb all your bud/hash for rosin first ZigZag? I have some bud I want to try rosin with. I have a hair straightener that goes to 170° and chemex square unbleached coffee filters.
            Someone else will have to test what I make out, eating it doesn't work for me. After reading though, it seems I may need to try a long chain triglyceride. I'm sure my friend will test them before and let me know. Thanks for the info 👍

• ZigZag
            ZigZag commented
            Editing a comment
            I wasn't sure I could decarb the rosin after making it. Advent said I could but it just seemed like it would be easier or better to decarb the bud first so you didn't need to do it after. I got a used Rosinator that works really well for "home use"_ its smaller_ the plates are only about 3" square but it works really well. I like using just the parchment for pressing bud and dry ice hash because it seems less wasteful than using the fine screen bags_ I guess those would work best for trim though.You might as well try the hair straightener first though but I think if you use parchment paper it might be easier to scape the rosin off the paper. If you don't have one of those dab tools i found that a nice clean screw driver works fine too. If you haven't had luck trying edibles then you might need to use more, try making it from dry ice hash or rosin, and definitely you need to eat some triglycerides to aid digestion and absorption. I didn't think edibles worked for me at first after trying ones I could get at a dispensary_ until I realized that I needed to eat at least 20-30 megs of THC which meant eating 2-5 "servings" since a lot of them back then just had 5-10 mgs/serving.
            Then I tried making my own and what a difference. Mine must be a lot stronger, how much though I have no idea_never tried seeing how much THC/CBD is in a specific amount. The sure thing is dry ice hash_the more yellow/gold it is _ the finer the screen_ the more potent it is and the least mj taste it has.

not the best looking site but I find the oils/concentrates recipes to be good.
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Tika I'll scope that out! How do you like the terpinator, does it make a difference?

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            Tika thank you very much for the link! That's exactly what I was looking for. Learned a lot from the links too. Maybe I can make some that work for me as well 😵😴😴

RosettaStoned Hey....As I said it's a bit funky of a site to view but I have found the recipes sound and on the potent side. Made a batch of capsules that no one could tolerate.

I do think Terpinator makes a difference...I could enjoy the results more If I wasn't carbon Scrubbing. At harvest the whole building(s) are laden and I think as well the jarsniff after cure is great. If I grew lavender or mint I would use it there too..Those herbs with Terpines - fabulous. My first use with Terpinator also coincided with my first use of LEDs and 3 kush strains so my science isn't there BUT I had one hell of a trichome bud riddled tent.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you use full strength through the whole grow?

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            No I do t. I start to add 5mls in week 2 of my feeding...Then week 3 in my program I do 10mls...And them gradually full strength. A grower hydro woman I knew started and stayed with 10 MLS throughout..I have found 10-30mls does not change my pH needed down to get to my 6 reading g after adding and mixing the notes.
            I think the best Terpinator is natural sunlight....But she doesn't shine in my tent....Nor do they have to sleep with inchworms😜😆🤣

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            😅 it would be nice to grow outside but i think my vegetable garden would be no more

And regarding kief loose form...There is always the pollon press to compact it into pucks and keep in freezer....

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            I would like to get one to press pucks, then make rosin from them.

rosetta why would you use pucks to make rosin from why dont you use the loose stuff I would think it would be easier just my thoughts

Comment

Thanks for the link, always good to see what others have been trying. When I press my dry ice hash, bud, or trim I use a temp. of 210 degrees F. It preserves the terpenes and produces a nice golden rosin.
          My press has temp settings between 180-300 degrees.
          The pucks are good to use but like the author suggested you can use just about anything to mold it into about a 1" disk about 1/4" thick. His PVC pipe/dowl sounds like a great idea.I've been using a small stamp press and it works great too. The small silicon jars _ about an inch square and 1/2" tall work really well. The sticky rosin won't stick and if you put it in the freezer for a few hours it turns into a hard, glasslike substance that is so much easier to work with. But do it fast cuz it will thaw within 5 mins or less. If you don't have a "dab rig"_ I don't, yet, you can use a vaporizer or just put a small piece on top of some bud in a bong and that works really well too. Different strains can produce widely variable results so try ones the are recommended for this first. I just made some from New York City Sour Diesel Haze and it didn't produce nearly as much rosin as the same amount of Midnight Mass or Chocolate Mint OG (which was the best by far). And don't forget to put the parchment in the freezer for a few hours before you scrape it off with a dab tool, screw driver or similar but clean implement. Then take the "tool"wth the rosin on it and wipe it on the inside of the silicon jar. When you're finished you can heat the tool to melt any rosin left on it and wipe that again on the inside of the silicon jar or on a small piece of rolling paper and put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            I use a nectar collector

I'm not sure what that is so I'm gonna check it out! Always looking for a better, more efficient ways to get things done. Cheers!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X