Beginer need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginer need help!

Please tell me what do you think about my closet grow, im a first time grower and help welcome.

Tell us what is it?
    Tell us all.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Welcome!

Nice use of space, PC fans-clever! The solar powered fan is cool, but not enough wind for the plants. You will need something bigger that actually pushes the leaves around a little and stays on when the lights are out.

Most importantly, I would get that power strip up off the floor. You've got electrical devices sitting in an empty tub. If you tip over a watering can, it would be like dropping a radio into a bath tub. You could hang it securely from the ceiling.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Vapo69
        Vapo69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good spot dude........electrical safety really important

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        There was a couple that used to post together here last year, that actually happened to them, got hurt but very lucky. It was very cool of them to share that.

• Paracelsus
        Paracelsus commented
        Editing a comment
        Electric above the waist water below it.

All of the above but really most of all those plant need to be 12 inches under the lights of 3 or 4 bulbs low wattage surrounding one plant or tray of seedlings. A plant needs as much light as it can get CFL gro light bulbs with reflectors come in 125watt configurations.
      200 & 250 W bulbs are available separately with the correct spectrum for plants alone also another thing you should consider is your lights hanging verticly illuminates the walls more than the plants they should be horizontal as your primary light, you can use clips to position them to a light bar.

https://www.amazon.com/Reflector-Soc...K6PY2ACB1HG6HN

Last edited by Paracelsus; 01-21-2018, 07:26 PM.
      My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
      The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Hello DF6, Those cfls do ok, but you need alot more of them. They need to be no further than 2-3inches away from your plants, so you constantly need to be checking so they don't grow into your lights an burn.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

The bigest plant is white widow from pyramid seed, its about 71 day old from seed, crystals start showing recently, i fucked up with this plant before, but im more worried about next ones. One of them is king tut(tutanhamon) from pyramid and its about 26 days old from seed, but its really small, about 2inches and slowly starts grow with 3rd pair of leaves. Till now i have been feeding king tut with only water ph 5.67-5.9 and leaves are not as green as they should be. I tried flushed once to see what comes out and ph was like 7. I think something is not right with my coco medium. I used Canna Coco pro what should be neutral with no addatives etc. my cfl bulbs are about 6-10inches away from seedlings and led(mars hydro 300) height is 20inches. My bigest problem is that they grow too slow and they are too yellow!

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            What nutrients and Cal/Mag additive are you using? what frequency and quantity?

For the new seedling i havent used any nuts yet, but for older one i used gh flora trio as they recomend on the bottle. As im not able to get any calmag liquid solution in the area where i stay, i used a bit of similair thing but its hard stuf like perlite. I mixed my coco with perlite and calmag flakes

Comment

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            Well that's interesting. The calcium might not be dissolving and therefore unavailable to the plant. If you can't find a real calmag product, you might find a recipe to turn that stuff into a solution that your plant can use

is that dolomite you have?

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            I think most are focusing on light because the CFLs are obvious, but since the CFLs are supplemental to an LED, I don't think lack of light is the big problem. I think the issue is Cal/Mag. As Dingus said, you should try to develop a better solution to make it available to your plants. If the plants are 26 days old, they also need nutrients! The ratios on the bottle are fine, but amounts are too high. I recommend following Nebula's nutrient schedule:

My first few grows were with CFL and were very successful but I had 288 actual watts for one plant. You differently need more lights with reflectors and keep them closer to plants. I never let mine get more than 4 inches from plants.
          DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
          315 LEC
          6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
          6" Carbon filter
          3- 6" fans
          humidifier
          temp and humidity gauge
          5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
          FF trio nutrients

Comment

DIY Cal Mag

This is a video series in which I work on making my own synthetic nutrients lineup. In part 1 I made my first 2 part base. In this video I make a calchum and...

DIY Calcium Solution

DIY HOW TO MAKE LIQUID CALCIUM CARBONATE NATURAL FERTILIZER FOR PLANTS & ORGANIC GARDENINGTHESE ARE THE TOOLS WE USED IN THIS VIDEO ➤➤➤Nutrafin Master Test K...

DIY Do it Your Self
            Last edited by Paracelsus; 01-22-2018, 01:09 PM.
            My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
            The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X