Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapid rooters

Hi all,
    I am a total newbie to this and I have never attempted to grow anything before,so I'm a little "drunk" from all the info out there.My question is about germination of seeds and rapid rooters in particular.I will be growing with hydroponics,my question is can I germinate seeds in rapid rooters then just put seedling and plug(rapid rooter)into my growing media or do I have to transplant it before putting it I to growing media(without plug)?
    Thank you for your help
    PS:I will put grow room specs with pics just as soon I get to it.

Yup you can germinate in the rapid rooter. Once you see good roots sticking out its ready to go into your basket/net and medium. No further transplanting.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Hi bc420, I'm a hydro grower and I use root riots (which are just like rapid rooters).
      1. I put them in a germination tray with the big end down so they'll stand up, cut a slit in the small top, put in the seed and leave the dome on with the vents open on around 80-some degrees.
      2. When the seedling pops up, I put them under light right away, still in the tray (and I have to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't dry out.)
      3. It doesn't take long: as soon as I see a root, I put them in my 5 inch net pots and gently fill with hydroton.
      4. I hand water until I see roots descending from the net pot.
      5. Then I fill my reservoir so that the air bubbles will pop high enough to "entice" the roots down. ;-}
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thanks guys...@alltatup about how long do you end up hand watering?Like I said I'm a total newbie and I'm just looking for the best and most foolproof way at first then I can start experimenting after I know the basics.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Right, I understand where you're at: I was there in July 2016.

Here's what you want: you want to see the roots coming out of the net pots and growing actively towards the bubbling water. Like I said, you want the roots to be enticed toward the bubbling water below, rather than remaining dependent on hand-watering. But of course, you do NOT want the bottom of the net pot to be soaking wet all the time, so you have to find the right water level for your setup.

But really they are such smart plants that they quickly catch on.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X