First Grow Cherry Cookies bag seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow Cherry Cookies bag seed

Hello GWE! I am Arkados and this is my first attempt at a grow, I originally planned to start off with Fem White Widow seeds I ordered from Nirvana late December that I am eagerly waiting for to arrive. This past weekend I obtained some Cherry Cookies which smelled delicious but I was quite disappointed when I came to find the buds riddled with seeds but on the bright side I have seeds to play with and play I shall !
    The true strain will remain a mystery as I am unware how the seeds were formed , they could have been pollinated by a male or hermaphrodite of another strain. Im hoping it wasn’t male pollen. On a side note I plan to upgrade and improve my grow space as this journal progresses which will also be documented in this journal. I am missing a couple of important pieces. I am on a budget and have been buying/ Mc Guyveringu items as I go. Wish me luck and feel free to chime in !! Sorry if I don’t reply right away I will keep this journal updated as time permits

Current Setup:
    4’x4’x6.5’ grow tent in a garage
    Air cooled hood with dimmable 1000w hps/mh ballast,
    T4 4’ 4 bulb open hood reflector, DIY cfl light for seeds and clones. Germination station and heating pad.
    GO box nutrients, happy frog potting soil and ocean forest soil

Need
    Ph reader, thermometer hygrometer with probes, oscillating fan,
    2 6” in-line fans and 6” carbon filter.
    Last edited by Arkados; 01-17-2018, 01:50 AM. Reason: Eliminated items I wanted and prioritized items I need to complete this grow
    They say it’s a small world, In reality it’s a large prison

Day 1 1/9/2018 - inserted seeds into rapid rooters

Day 2 1/10/2018

Comment

• Waltermelon
      Waltermelon commented
      Editing a comment
      I know I'm a little late to the game here. but if it was pollinated by a male, you're going to have a more stress free grow than a hermaphrodite. If it was pollinated by a herm, it'll more than likely show herm traits later in flower. Then you'll have seeded bud just the same as the bag, or a nightmare of plucking bananas all through flower. If it was a male, the seeds will be a lot better to grow. Look into "hybrid vigor".

• Arkados
      Arkados commented
      Editing a comment
      I had thought about it and I wouldn’t mind if it was pollinated by a male then I can learn how to sex a plant , I have to keep an eye out since I don’t know how the pollination happened I preferred pollinated by a hermi because i thought that would yield feminized seed.

I read something somewhere regarding preserving the stability of the plant genetics using male pollen to cross strains I don’t know if it’s the same but I’ll check it out for sure I like to learn. I do plan to start making my own fem seeds of every strain i come in contact with as it seems the way to go for me than to have to be buying seeds of the same strain from a seed bank.

Please help clear this up for me. Femenised seeds are created with female pollen and those can hermie as well even the ones we buy from seed banks though they take extra precaution to keep their gentics true when crossing.
      Lets say there are two clones of the same hearty mother. One is hit with colloidal silver and forced to produce pollen sacks the other is stressed forced to produce pollen sacks. Is the genetics in the pollen different ?
      A plant that hermies becuase of high stress and pollinates itself because of stress or self preservation passes down bad genes ? Or is it only hermie banana plants that pass down bad genes ? ( that seems like a bad genetic trait to me lol)

Your insight is welcomed and everyone else’s insight aswell I want to clear misconceptions I have. Thx !!

• Waltermelon
      Waltermelon commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not 100% on the stressed plant passing down Hermie trait. If you stress even the most stable plants, I'm almost certain they will herm. It's just a survival thing. But some plants just have weak Gene's (I suspect) that causes the herm. Excessive in breading would almost certainly cause it. Most of the herms I've had came from Reggie bagseed. Probably inbred for quite a few generations. Still killer bud grown properly, just too much attention
      needed to be paid to it. Plucking bananas and such.
      I've never delt or looked into the silver Tek. I always use regular seeds just because I feel nature got it right, and genetically modified (outside of selective breeding) isn't the way to do things. But I may be a little old school. I think the normal seeds are a bit more stable also because we're just starting out with the "playing god" thing and we just don't have it down yet to be able to reproduce nature in our extra bedrooms.
      I'm not knocking the experimentation at all and glad science is expanding with the marijuana world. It looked really stagnant from the 80s- late 2000s. I'm just not 100% on the stability of chemically modified gene thing yet.

Day 3 1/11/2018

Comment

Day 4 1/12/2018

Comment

Day 4 1/13/2018
        Last edited by Arkados; 01-17-2018, 02:31 AM.

Comment

I suggest you get to work right away with your wish list. The better you can prepare before you grow, well "the better". Now you are in catch up mode. These plants need your tlc ASAP.
          Organic only soil grower
          Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
          Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Hello And welcome to the Forum,, wish u the best on ur grow , u didnt say if u have or dont have a PH pen but make sure u get something to read ur PH if u dont have something already, growers love from the heart

Comment

Thank you , good looking out, I felt I missed something else pretty vital.

Comment

• Little
                Little commented
                Editing a comment
                No problema my friend we r all here to help each other , growers love from the heart be safe my friend

Curious how you plan to "play". Sounds like they are almost a practice run for the White Widows. Will help you dial in your equipment needs and work out the process. Do you plan to grow them out full, or flip them early to sex them? Will you bring them all the way to flower if that slows down the White Widow run?

Comment

• Arkados
                Arkados commented
                Editing a comment
                They are a practice run not necessarily for the white widows but it will help me “dial” in what needs to get done regarding my setup and process of attempting to sex them in veg preferably, train them and flower them..I didn’t pay for the bag seeds so I would rather make my mistakes with seeds I didn’t buy. I want to put to use what I’ve read about and I would like to bring them to flower and would start the white widows after. I’d want to save a plant of this strain to keep as a mother. If it dosnt Work out then it’ll be a learning experience regardless. I have to post my new update and I must say that even though I didn’t buy the seeds and I don’t know if it was male or female i can’t help to feel disappointment in the death of a seedling quite saddening . I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my journal and you make very valid points to consider
                Last edited by Arkados; 01-14-2018, 10:43 PM.

Day 4 - 1/14/2018

seedlings perished , I can only assume they were over watered ( I believe I’m improperly using rapid rooters) along with heat stress. I went away for a day over the weekend and the night before I thought hey let me improve my germ/prop cabinet before we leave. I covered the inside of the cabinet with a reflective material. I immediately noticed the intensity/color of the light seemed a lot brighter. It didn’t cross my mind the impact it would have. All four seedling were wilted. I was a bit disheartened but I got over it “why do we fall, so we can pick ourselves up again”

Comment

1/15/2018

No new sprouts I realize there’s a great chance I cooked the seeds as well. I added 4 more seeds to compensate for seedlings lost. I’m going to keep the other seeds germinating as well just Incase.

Comment

I have questions regarding germinating and rapid rooters.

The rapid rooter 50ct bag of plugs states to keep the tray filled 1/4 inch of water, initially it made sense to me because the heating mat warms the water in the tray and the rooters stay warm but maybe that only applies when using with a rapid rooter tray? I eliminated a lot of the water and only left enough to barely reach the plugs but now the rooters are very cool to the touch they seem to not be getting any heat from the mat. Do I hand water the plugs ?

Do i germinate in complete darkness? I’m confused as I’ve read to germinate in darkness but then I’ve read that you can keep your lights on to warm the environment if your lacking heat. I sprouted the seedlings that died under my CFLs they seemed okay until I cooked them.

I have four new sprouts and I don’t want to inadvertently kill them .I feel as if though I should hand water the plugs and not give the sprouts any light until the serrated set of leaves grow , but then with no light I can’t compensate for the heat I don’t think my heat mat gets warm enough but maybe with a heat thermostat for the heat pad ? Please Advise
                  soon I will be getting the instruments to monitor my plants environment temps humidity and Ph .

Comment

Hey Arkados, it's really simple, put a sprouted seed inside a wet rapid rooter about one quarter inch deep, cover up the hole. Place in a warm place like in front of a cfl, light bulb an inch away an keep the rooter moist. If the seed is any good ,it will come up in 2-3days.
                    Then keep the seedlings under some kind of adequate light. Good Luck.
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    315lec for everything else
                    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me I’ll try that next

Comment

Okay so If you take a gander at the pictures in my last post you can see the seedlings popping out of the plug that was around mid day yesterday. When I got home yesterday the seedlings looked like they were running away from the plug I thought maybe it was too humid or that I was overwatering I don’t know I’m a noob and they statrted to look like they were wilting aswell. It dawned on me that I had previously raised my cfl lights in order to avert the tragedy of cooking my babies again

My seedlings were stretching ! I think , please correct me if I’m wrong literally . They wanted more light but it seemed strange to me because they still had their hulls and no exposed cotyledons. The remedy to this was for seedlings that had rooted , transplant from moist soil to new dry soil to promote root growth but bury the stem up to the cotyledon. I wasn’t in soil but hell I tried it anyway. I removed the seedlings from the plug gently luckily there was no additional roots just the very long tap root. After the transplant I covered them with halved water bottles and placed the babies 4 inches away from my t5 in my tent.Now the babies are looking better the cotyledons opened up and little serrated leaves are showing. Oh and I “watered” them with a spray bottle only to slightly moisten the soil and cotyledons. I think I did good but I don’t know. I know I may have stunted them in the process , I definitely need to get the tools to monitor the babies environment.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Arkados; 01-18-2018, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X