Nutrient/ watering discrepancies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrient/ watering discrepancies

So I've been having some issues following the nutrient schedule provided by Advance nutrients conflicting with how everyone says to water and my watering schedule.

So here is my issue.

1st - Nutrient schedule gives instructions for once a week feeding.

2nd - Ive been following the water, water then nutrient schedule.

3rd - Im only watering 2 gallons every 7 days

So the issue is during flowering period totally They will only get nutes once every 21 days give or take a few days for consumption. If I run 10 weeks of flower thats only 3 nute feedings the entire flower stage. No where near recommended feeding levels. With one week of flush using flawless finish. Does this seem normal to everyone else's schedule.

Another problem I run into is some of the nutes are only used during 1 or 2 weeks during flower. Unfortunately they fall on water only weeks.

So should I use the nutrients the week they specify even if it falls on a water only day?

I do use Cal/Mag and silica even on watering only days.

If I were watering more frequently it would be way easier. But at only once a week it really throws off the scheduling.
    Last edited by UrbZ; 01-12-2018, 05:52 PM.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

That's a lot of questions.

Lets start with when to water at all: Weigh your pot when it is bone dry and get that number. Then water it to maximum capacity and weigh it again, and get that number. The difference between those two numbers is the amount of water (in pounds) that your pot will hold.
    Water your plant when 1/2 of the water your pot will hold has been used by the plant,

As for nutrients. Make a plan using your best guess, decide how you would like to proceed and watch the plants very closely. Adjust quickly to their needs and it will become clear if you need to make adjustments to your plan.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Lol seems like a lot but really ended up being only one question.

I know that everyones watering schedule is different for pot size. Most peoples water intervals are less than 7 days. Especially in smaller pots. Say they water every 3 days to my 7. So here is a math diagram to help explain what im trying to.

X = days
      y = how many days in between each water
      z = total waters

x ÷ y = z

70 ÷ 7 = 10

Now with every third week nutrients fall like this.

Week 1 Nutrients
      Week 2 Water ( suppose to be second dose of voodoo, b52, bud ignitor) I cannot use them this week because its water only.
      Week 3 Water
      Week 4 Nutrients
      Week 5 Water
      Week 6 Water
      week 7 Nutrients
      Week 8 Water (suppose to be overdrive 1st dose)
      Week 9 Water (suppose to be overdrive 2nd dose)
      Week 10 Flawless Finish Water.

These are suppose to be week specific to be used in the right stages of growth. So should I add those to my water?

Now for someone on a 3 day watering cycle same equation as above.

70 ÷ 3 = 23.3

This person gets at least 10 - 13 more waters. And waters in day intervals not weeks.

Week 1 day 1 Nutrients
      Week 1 Day 4 Water
      Week 1 Day 7 Water
      Week 2 Day 3 Nutrients
      Week 2 Day 6 Water
      Week 3 Day 2 Water
      Week 3 Day 5 Nutrients
      Week 4 Day 1 Water
      Week 4 Day 4 Water
      Week 4 Day 7 Nutrients
      ect.
      ect.
      ect.

As you can see if your feeding schedule is like this you actually get a chance nearly once a week for 9 weeks to feed them compared to my once every 3 weeks. So technically this person could follow the nutrient schedule exactly. Im only up to week 5 in this schedule and its already allowed for 4 nute feeds only halfway through. So this schedule roughly allows 7-9 nute feedings compared to my 3.

I have my watering intervals down solid. I have a full journal on paper tracking it all. 7 gallon pots get 1.75 gallons till runoff. Every 6 days pretty much like clockwork. Im pretty enviromentally controled so this doesnt really waiver. My pie gets 2.5 gallons till runoff every 7 days.

My 1 actual qustion then is:

Flower nutes are week specific should i add them to water only days or just not let my plant get them. Adding overdrive in week 7 is probably too early. Adding voodoo, b52 and ignitor in week 4 is too late.
      Not too mention I only still get one dose of each of these with this system not 2 as the feeding schedule suggests i need.
      Last edited by UrbZ; 01-12-2018, 07:43 PM.
      ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Generally use Nutrients in the feed, and Additives in the watering's my2c.
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          Good observation on pot size, since it does, amongst other things, impact how often to water. I use 5 gal and am staying there because 5 gal pots will grow all the plant I can handle. My watering runs about 4th day. Water at lights on, on Monday and expect to water again at lights on, on Friday, and so on. Perhaps one day sooner during peak water usage, or one day longer when they are using less.

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea my pie is giving me all the problems because shes in 12 gallons or so of soil.
          15 gallon tote with about 3 gallons of clay pebbles at the bottom for drainage. And Heavy perlite. I figure if i did all soil and less perlite i would only be watering every 12 - 15 days or so.

I already ordered 5's.

I dont like the 7s and I dont have enough clearance to really grow in them.

Newbie mistakes. live and learn.

Thanks for the help man.

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          Note: all my comments have been regarding coco. Your soil plant is a whole different animal. Very different growing methods.

Hey Urbz, it ain't gonna matter if you have to miss a nutrients day or add a nutrients day, it ain't got to be perfect. Do what works best for you, the plants will make it just fine.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool, I think Ive decided on every other week feeds. just lower doses with a good watering in between. Maybe do like a mini flush in between each feed.

Thanks bud.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning Urbz, yeah, it doesn't have to be by the book, whatever works for you will be fine for them.

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          I just figured 3 nute feedings all through flower was too little. And everyone told me to water water feed. I was trying to stick to everyones recommendation as close as possible while trying to follow advanced nutes feeding schedule closely as well.

I really dont want to nute lock in flower and kill my final product. From feeding too often.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X