That's It - Switching from "super soil" to Bubblepoincs - Setup Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's It - Switching from "super soil" to Bubblepoincs - Setup Question

Well , frankly I'm tired of the soil grow so I'm piecing together my setup now based on the bubblepoincs grow guide on GWE. I have everything set to be delivered in the next day EXCEPT no ONE has those 10 Gal Sterrilite totes available. I can find 18 gallon ones at Lowes and Homedepot but I'm wondering if the height being between 1 and 3 inches taller will make that big of a difference? I'm going into a 4x4 tent so the extra length isn't an issue, I just want to make sure the height won't be an issue. What are you guys using since the parts in the guide can't be found anymore?

I would try Wal Mart: they carry those totes--or look elsewhere online.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

How tall is your tent, what strain will you grow, how tall do you expect it to grow, will you do LST and s Scrog? It does not need to be that brand, there are others, they are the least expensive though. I'm aiming to collect much of the same equipment. I use the amazon record of my browsing history to compare quality differences before I look elsewhere for better prices.
      My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
      The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Walmart has them in stock in the Boston area. No delivery

Comment

Try Target. I got my 10-gallon tote there.

Comment

are most people only growing one plant in their setups? I have a 4x4x7 tent and I Was planning to grow two in a 10 gallon tote.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffo420 View Post
              Well , frankly I'm tired of the soil grow so I'm piecing together my setup now based on the bubblepoincs grow guide on GWE. I have everything set to be delivered in the next day EXCEPT no ONE has those 10 Gal Sterrilite totes available. I can find 18 gallon ones at Lowes and Homedepot but I'm wondering if the height being between 1 and 3 inches taller will make that big of a difference? I'm going into a 4x4 tent so the extra length isn't an issue, I just want to make sure the height won't be an issue. What are you guys using since the parts in the guide can't be found anymore?
              How many plants are planning on putting in each tote? The small height difference isn't going to create any issues-the only real limitation of using the tote lids can be letting the netcups fall through if the plants get large.
              WHAT???
              5x5 grow space
              900w of Vero's and F-strips
              4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I got these they resist pull through by big plants and cheep too
                Amazon.com: NP3AB: 3 Inch Black Slotted Mesh Net Pot for Hydroponics/Aquaponics/Orchids - 25 Pack: Kitchen & Dining

Comment

• JohnC
                  JohnC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for that recommendation! Just ordered me some!

Originally posted by gbauto View Post

How many plants are planning on putting in each tote? The small height difference isn't going to create any issues-the only real limitation of using the tote lids can be letting the netcups fall through if the plants get large.
                im going to plant five seeds, I’ve never done a Roy before I have just done manifold. I’m thinking about Scott this time. How many plants can I leave in the one tote and Scott in a 4x4 tent (7 foot high) without it being too cramped?

Comment

• zeke
                  zeke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  may i ask what strain you plan to grow

I use these if you have Menards by you. The lids are rigid still after putting size holes in them. Cheap too! 3" net pots in there, 12 gallon container. It's funny you post this, I want to switch from dwc to super soil haha
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20171219_045703.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	163840
                "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
                5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
                600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
                Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
                400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
                ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
                13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

Paracelsus here's the tag on them. They have 17 and 27 gallon too. I like them because the lids stay on with the side clasps (yellow clips). The bigger containers have yellow lids so will have to black those out if you use them. I'm fairly certain I saw a similar type at HD as well. Same design and same corrugated lid, but all black.
                I think my net pots are almost four inches as I used a 3 1/2 hole saw to make the holes in the lid. Where the lip meets the net pot is 3 3/4" so the pot wedges itself in there instead of resting on the lip.
                Attached Files
                "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
                5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
                600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
                Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
                400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
                ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
                13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• Paracelsus
                  Paracelsus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank You @RosettaStone I like that they have more substance, I would put Panda film on the covers for myself.

• RosettaStoned
                  RosettaStoned commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And for like six or seven bucks, can't beat it

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X