Recommend Auto light schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend Auto light schedule?

Gang, do you have a recommendation for light schedule for an auto flower? Guess what im asking is if any of you think they need a dark period during any stage of growth and why. Growing all organic, supersoil under 300w LED.
    All suggestionS/opinions appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

18 hours on, 6 hours off

my 2c.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

24-7 let them grow as fast as possible lol

Comment

I am With potted 24 on
        It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

So anyone want to opine why a dark period is needed or not needed ? Would like to hear your thoughts, especially if you have direct experience with autos. No trying to figure out a right or wrong dogma, just wanting to apply a best practice approach.
          Thanks all.
          Organic only soil grower
          Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• Flockshot
            Flockshot commented
            Editing a comment
            I use 18-6 for a couple of reasons.
            First of all, the extra 6 hours of electricity every day of a grow may get you a little more weight, but I don't want to spend a lot on electricity to get a little bit of weed. Just not cost effective.
            Secondly, leaves grow in daylight and roots primarily grow in the dark period. I consider the roots to be the most important part of the plant when it comes time to grow flowers.
            Most of what you read in the growing community is about attempting to mimic nature, and it does get dark every day. If there is ever a day when it doesn't get dark, that will be the lead story on the news.

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            "Most of what you read in the growing community is about attempting to mimic nature, and it does get dark every day. If there is ever a day when it doesn't get dark, that will be the lead story on the news."

Not true in northern latitudes such as Alaska or parts of Russia where ruderalis is believed to have originated. Hence the auto factor.

I have no idea why u would try and grow a plant in the dark.
          It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• LaughingBuddha
            LaughingBuddha commented
            Editing a comment
            This. Autos handle the hormone suoression on their own.

Autos are crossed with a ruderalis to become auto flowering. Ruderalis originally grows where summer is extremely short but long, long days. Thus 20 to 24 hours of light is common practice. Hope that helps. Cheers
          "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

I keep the lights on 24hours a day
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

24 hrs on...

Comment

• Californiakid
                Californiakid commented
                Editing a comment
                And Green75 knows autos!!!

Originally posted by Potted View Post
              24-7 let them grow as fast as possible lol
              This unless you just enjoy storing cannabis fur no good reason. Everything a post can do in the dark can be done on the day, for the purposes of this conversation.

Comment

I do 18 / 6 n have done 24 also its what works best For u, everyone has thr own way on doing things what may work For u may not work For me , i had a lot of ups and downs when i started with autos i way only getting 1 or 2 Os a plant but i found what worked best For me now i get 4 Os or better a plant , iim no por but we all have different way of doing things cuz we all have diffrenent set ups ,, no one here is wrong its what works best For u , growers love from the heart

Comment

Thanks all. Appreciate the advice !
                  Organic only soil grower

Comment

I have photos in with my autos i need to change the lighting to 12/12 how will this effect the auto?
                    4'x 6' x 8' room
                    2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
                    sunshine mix #4
                    mega crop nutes
                    current grow
                    cd-1
                    jack herer
                    afghan kush
                    green doctor

Comment

• UrbZ
                      UrbZ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      As long as they are flowering you should be fine. Trying to veg in less than 12 hours light will really stunt growth. You have to remember autos are all about how much light They can get to produce growth in a fast period. If they are not flowering I would wait to flip the switch.

According to royal queen seeds They produce better plants on 18/6 over 20/4 or 24/0. At like a 99% rate (Per Yield). The article on there site says only 1 out of every auto grow theve ever grown did better on 24/0. With as many auto grows they've grown which I can imagine is a ton, I would trust their results.

I've never grown autos but read that during some research into them.
                    Last edited by UrbZ; 01-11-2018, 11:56 PM.
                    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
                    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

In this article, learn all you need to know about autoflowers and the 12/12 (day/night) light cycle. The what, why, when, and how!

Interesting read on autos.
                      ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
                      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X