Weed allergy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weed allergy

Hi all.. Unfortunately I suspect that lately I started to get symptoms of weed allergy.. It is not so fun getting it from the plant I like the most. I probably got over expose during my growing and this is just a little warning to you all. I'm not sure this is true and to be honest it is all a mistery for me at the moment. I hed to stop my growing and also to stop using weed. Because every time I try to smoke or vape I start having breathing problems and also my eyes were burning. I tried to find some information on the web but with no luck. Looks like this topic is still under research. Does anyone have any tip or idea how to get out of this uncomfortable situation?

Yeah take bensdryll and try to smoke again if that doesn't work well if it was me I'd try edibles it could be the smoke itself causing the allergy so try concentrates and edibles

Comment

• Cronk
      Cronk commented
      Editing a comment
      Bensdryll been linked to Alzheimers

Originally posted by Jr83 View Post
    Yeah take bensdryll and try to smoke again if that doesn't work well if it was me I'd try edibles it could be the smoke itself causing the allergy so try concentrates and edibles
    What he said

Comment

A ok at my house.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Yes. I will try to look for it . Just hope I don't have the allergy to some of the substance in the cannabis.. There are over 70 different substances there. It's a real pity that there is still no special pill just for that. Hopefully now when it's getting more and more popular someone will do it.

Comment

• Jr83
          Jr83 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah maybe me personally id smoke anyhow loll but im also an idiot like that

Yes.. I know what you mean. We were all idiots once and for sure we will be..

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothin but nothin will keep me away from my herbs...

If a suspected-allergic person were to

1) wash their hands and forearms very carefully. Select an arm and write their selection on the calendar for 3 days from now.
        2) using a clean needle, give them self a little scratch, one on each forearm, just a small one enough to make it bleed a tiny bit, on the soft side, same as the palm of their hand.
        3) Rub the NON test arm with a clean finger.
        4) For the TEST arm, rub a clean finger on the inside of a pot container, and then rub the residue in to the cut. Wait about 5 minutes and wash both scratches with soap and water, cover with a band aid.

If such an person were to be very good, and Don't scratch (they don't have to keep it covered, but DON'T SCRATCH) In 3 days, if the test arm is more inflamed and itchy than the non-test arm, they would be having a local reaction, that if the same reaction took place lungs, it would feel like coughing and spluttering and inflammation.
        Last edited by DingusKhan; 01-11-2018, 01:54 AM.
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Does it make them act funny, or does it make you act funny when you eat them or their eggs?

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Do the chickens have allergies???

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          We should test them. If they swell up and die, then Neft should not do it at home.

I get a terrible allergy every time my stash starts running a little low, that's why I ain't running low no more.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• Blazed227
          Blazed227 commented
          Editing a comment
          lmao me to daas

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I bet I have that same allergy!!! Do you sweat, your puples dilate, your hands shake, you're irritable and tense, and you can't sleep? Do your feet smell and your nose run? Then you have an allergy AND you are built backwards.

That's interesting. Over the late summer/fall I had what I thought was a cold or seasonal allergies that coincided with when my biggest plant was pretty dense/unruly (I'm getting no symptoms like that with Audrey pruned back to almost nothing and the two small clones)...I did recently discover some green scuzz in the living room humidifier so... Or it could be that I'm just not used to having the live plants around.

Ingesting ~2mg THC chocolate yesterday did cause me to start sneezing for a few minutes at some point--I don't recall that ever happening before, the label on the chocolate does list 'artificial color' and I know I'm sensitive to Red Dye #5. More scientific test to follow when I actually have a full day free to pay attention to this.
        ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

The goal of allergy hyposensitization therapy is the switch your immune system from reacting with one specific type of immunity to another. Your B cells make several types of antibodies, depending on which part of the body they are responsible for protecting.

Immune Globulin Epsilon, or IgE, are the ones that trigger you to produce histamine, which causes inflammation, like itch or your airway closing down. Ig-M cirulates in your blood and lymph hunting down pathogens and marking them for removal.

If you present the allergen to a different part of your immune system (like the allergy shots you got when you were a kid), your immune system stops reacting to it like an allergen and making you get all inflamed in the wrong places, rather they get tagged with IgM and destroyed by the liver and spleen, but it doesn't cause all that airway inflammation.
          Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Neft
            Neft commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like a good therapy. I need to check how can I get it. It might take a few years to do this treatment? What do you think about cbd drops? Could they also trick the system?

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            So first: a proposed solution that someone in your position might try: You could feed your trimmings to livestock, and then eat them or drink their milk.

2nd: the explanation. The immune system is a pretty tricky thing, among the most complex systems known to man. This, like the rest of what I've shared, this is a gross oversimplification of how to trick it.

Your antibodies, whichever location they are serving in, are specific to bind little fragments of proteins, much in the same specific way that tools bind fasteners, ie flathead screwdrivers bind flat head screws, 1/2 inch sockets bind 1/2 inch hex head bolts, etc. Cannabinoids aren't proteins. But the parts of the plants that produce cannabinoids (glands) are proteins.

Whatever parts of the plant that are not fiber (cellulose) or water is protein. Pollen is composed of proteins. It doesn't matter that proteins constitute a small fraction of the plant matter, you are most likely allergic to one of those, or a complex interaction of an organic compound and your proteins (like urushiol, the active ingredient in Poison Oak, binds with proteins in your skin to form "haptens".

So, if you can refine the protein, and present it to your body in a way that it doesn't normally encounter, you might stop reacting as an allergic person. Feed the protein to something else, then eat that something else.

I might recommend goats. Except for the fact that you would then be responsible for those goats for other aspects of their well being that do not pertain to your cannabis consumption. They can be a real fucking pain. Chickens are much easier and cheaper.

<If you present the allergen to a different part of your immune system (like the allergy shots you got when you were a kid), your immune system stops reacting to it like an allergen>
          How do I present my allergen to a different part of my immune system ?

Comment

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            Not practical, but to help you understand what your objective is:
            usually by injection into the flesh where your dendritic cells, not your mast cells live. But unless you have a way to take a very tiny, purified sample that is just enough to trigger your B cells, but not enough to cause a granuloma (infected scar), do not attempt this at home.

A possible alternative-cook it and eat it. OR- rub it under your tongue. OR give yourself a cut and rub it in.
            Or again, the funny story above about drinking the milk of goats that forage on poison oak curing hypersensitivity is TRUE.

But like Campesino suggested above. It would be a good idea to be prepared for the unexpected. Benadryl and maybe a friend who has an epi-pen to be your spotter. Highly highly unlikey. But you know, what if...

It would highly suck to need one and not have one. Even worse than running out of weed.

Just a thought but could you not process just the trichomes once and attempt with that? I would also be curious about one other thing, is it possible your method of inhaling is the issue. Both smoking or vaping can cause some one to develop negative reactions to the activity regardless of the substance (with in comparable reason of course), you could try dry herb vaping with something like chamomile...course if you were also allergic to chamomile it wouldn’t work....

Comment

Weed naturally contains many terpines and histamines. Especially sativas. Sometimes when I smoke some strong sativa in the morning my nose gets all clogged and eyes red and water. I blow my nose and sometimes sneeze and keep smoking and I am fine. I have heard people comment in the past,"my nose is getting clogged this must be some good shit."

Comment

Thanks for the support guys.. I will start trying those tips. Life suck without weed.

Comment

To be honest it is all just speculation. But the symptoms are present. I was growing non stop from August last year. Most of the first grows was with no success because I am prity new grower. Till my last grow 707 headband. And only when she started having densd bud my situation esclated. I believe my total ventilation and circulation was not good enough. Because it was winter and most of the air just stayed in the house so I probably were overexposed. It could also be a chd sindrom. I am almost 40 and have a long smoking history.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X