Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosin presses

Does anyone have one? Any recommendations? Like below $300
    Last edited by alltatup; 01-10-2018, 09:54 AM.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

If u have the cash get one! Haha I can't give any reviews but if I remember right high times purchased one threw Wal-Mart at 300 bucks and tested it they said it worked good for non commercial use

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Im looking at a $100 one Tarik Extractor

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      You should get it and let us all know your results ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sorry not trying to jump the thread. Ive never used one myself but a few buddies have with good results.

I also have a buddy that just bought a panini grill. he lines it with wax paper. sets the nugs in between each sheet closes the press and adds weight to the top. I think he adds 2 5 pound barbell weights to the top of the press. His results are pretty astounding. I think the press cost him 22$ and it is temp controlled.

I also have a friend that bought a hair straightener, 9$ he took it apart and tack welded each side of the straightener to a vice. he does them same thing presses nugs in wax paper and places it between the straightener pads and tightens the vice. He lays a silicone baking pan inderneath the vice. It just oozes into the baking pan. He also gets very good results.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok parchment. You had me worried about yr friendโ€™s lungs for a sec.

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment
      lol. yeah that would be bad. side effects right. lmao

• Canyon Grower
      Canyon Grower commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn I like diy stuff! Half the fun in my opine

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Those won't make rosin: they don't have heat.

I would like one of these too. Just seems expensive for what you get. I think I will make one in the future, please let us know what route you go and how you like it!
    Setup
    4โ€™x4โ€™x6.6โ€™
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment
      They literally use a straightener, parchment and body weight in that vid.

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment
      I think money-wise on a budget hair straightener be good way to go. But since your budget is a hundred I would just get the one that you were looking at it seems pretty good to me

My friend made one from a 3 ton shop press because he explained that higher pressure gives a bigger yield, meaning more rosin separated from the mesh bag, less of the rosin still soaked in the leftovers.

If that's true, and if it's not acceptable that you can still use the leftovers by soaking in everclear because you want the straight rosin, like for dabbing, then you want as much pressure as you can afford.
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

LATEST UPDATE ON the unnecessary ROSIN PRESS (HOT OFF THE PRESS!!!)

I came to the conclusion that I don't need to buy a rosin press, because I can already make my own rosin.
      1. First I decarb my buds in my much-adored Nova decarb machine.

2. Then I make an everclear tincture in a decent quantity to get some rosin return.

3. After I have filtered the tincture, I pour it in a flat baking dish with a large, nice, smooth surface, put it in the small bathroom with door closed and the window open, and a fan blowing behind the tincture (covered with cheesecloth to keep out the cat hair, etc.) so all the fumes go out the window. (And my house doesn't explode.)

4. Then I scrape out my rosin and store in a cool, dark place. Actually, more than I want to do dabs (w/ friends once in a while is fun), I want to vape the rosin.

It also occurred to me that I could invest in some kind of alcohol recycler or whatever they're called, but I would need an inexpensive one. So if my major cost in making rosin is a big ol bottle or two of Everclear, I'll go with that experiment first. Maybe when the price of presses comes down, I'll reconsider, but they're too expensive right now... fkn cannacapitalists...erybody tryna make a fast buck...
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        @Urbs That is a brilliant idea!! I will order one for the next round, cuz I think my rosin will be thick by the time it would get here. THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!!

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        For sure anytime.

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        I came to the same conclusion and also got a Nova decarb, I love it too! I tried making tincture, and thought I could skip the fan-don't. It allows the alcohol to draw water into itself from the air until it's kinda dilute, but won't evaporate.

I leaning towards grinding buds and adding to food, especially after reading your posts and Paracelsus post about the difference after the first pass effect in the liver.

The clincher for me though was that my friend had to mess with the hydraulic oil and pump and all that. I decided that while less explosive and clean product, I don't want to need a hazardous materials data sheet in my grow room.

Oh ok I get tht what r ur yields looking like??? You should make a tutorial and have it posted on gwe!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, I'm gonna take around 20 oz of tincture and start today because the temps are down again. I will post the process in pictures.

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        Your awesome!!

• Paracelsus
        Paracelsus commented
        Editing a comment
        Now I have my Monday entertainment all set

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	163717Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	163718

I put 30 oz. tincture in the dish and covered with a mesh screen; it's in the bathroom w/ window open, letting in cool air and letting out the fumes.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Alltatup,
        Confucius say "things you put on toilet are high on pot". Sorry thought you'd like to know.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr.furley Bwahahahahahahaha! He also said, Rosin is da shit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	163910

A good amount of everclear evaporated overnight, in 18 hours. This is ideal weather for it: nice and cool, low humidity in the bathroom. I hope to have...goo... I don't know if I can call it rosin... soon!

Comment

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool! So how long does it take for the everclear to evaporate?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm guessing a few days. The liquid is going down.

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome I'll be watching. thank u

Thanks for doing this!
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        It is indeed my pleasure!!!

And another girl to take my pain away.

alltatup have you seen this DIY Video from Greengenes

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      Last edited by Paracelsus; 01-15-2018, 02:37 AM. Reason: add 2nd link
      My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
      The universities do not teach all things

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I see that a lot of folks make their own presses. I don't really need one since I have a decarb machine.

• Paracelsus
        Paracelsus commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I thought that was your original question. Just trying to help. After watching all the vids it really turns me off. Seems like they are all hooked on free base scrapping crumbs. I really want to reduce smoking period and ingest without hurting my lungs after 50 plus years of damage.

You know I used to make bho( I think that's the tec. Name) wax made with butane and to get the butane to evaporate I would put it on a hott plate type thing tht was made to make pancakes useing electricity. U take 1 Pyrex dish and add water then add a second Pyrex dish with your tincture into the first dish. This would speed the process up a ton and just a suggestion if u dnt end up with goo

Comment

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope this make sense I'm not good with writing instruction. Ps by saying add second Pyrex dish into the first I do not mean poor the tincture into the water

The reason why I got the Nova decarb machine is to use as LITTLE HEAT AS POSSIBLE in making anything. Trying to preserve maximum terpenes.
      I took out the dehumidifier and put a fan over the tincture and ots evaporating quickly. It smells fabulous, less like ever lear and more perfumey.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        It is so freakin cool, I just love it. It decarbs bud at a controlled, low temp, and the bud smells fantastic when it comes out. I have some decarbed bud stored in jars with boveda packs, and it continues to smell so aromatic. So I used decarbed bud to make my tinctures, and now I'm converting some of that tincture into goo/rosin. For me, it was an excellent investment.

See this topic to read more about it: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ylator-machine

• St.buds
        St.buds commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess I got some reading to do ๐Ÿ˜thank u for the info and link very interesting

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        I got a decarboxylator too. I'm going to use Tat's method for tincture (with a fan or gentle heat, this time), but also going to eat the ground buds in food. I figure if the stuff gets in me, it doesn't have to extracted and concentrated all the time.

I like rosin but the lipids and waxes in it mess my lungs up. I'm fine with shatter that's been cleaned well. I know it strips it of it's terps but I just add some back in, of whatever I want it to be.
      ever try freezing the ethenol wash first and straining the waxes out then evaporating the alcohol. I have no experience making any, just read about it.
      "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower ๐ŸŒบ
      5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
      600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
      Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
      400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
      โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
      13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll add it to the list ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜…

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        Bags ordered and on the way! 25, 73, 120, 160, 220 micron 5gal. Bags. Also came with some 25 micron pressing screens but I assume those are for bubble hash. Gotta locate some dry ice now

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        RosettaStoned I'm lucky enough to live near a welding supplies place: that's where I get dry ice at a good price.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X