Cal-mag deficiency late in flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cal-mag deficiency late in flower

I have what appears to be a pretty substantial cal-mag deficiency late in flower. Plants should be ready for harvest in 2 or 3 weeks. Should I limp to the finish line or give a cal-mag supplement this late in flower?
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Have you started to flush yet?

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Not yet, trics mostly clear, 35% cloudy. Autos...

Check your PH

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, been fighting high soil ph (low 7's) entire grow. Tried to bring down gradually without much success. Soil currently around 7. Will diffently be checking soil ph before I start next grow!

Are you sure it is cal mag and not PK?
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      No I'm not. It's my first auto grow and everything I read, except for the automechanics, said go slow with nutrients. I have given them 1/2 strength FFBB and FFTB twice but gave them stronger dose, plus cal-mag this afternoon. First auto grow and I have had more issues than any other grow, but on the plus side, I have also learned more on this grow!

• Flockshot
      Flockshot commented
      Editing a comment
      I am pretty sure this is a PK deficiency. Every new grower gets hit with this in late flower at some time. I am yet to get it perfect on the nutrients in 5 tries.
      The 1/2 nutes schedule was too weak and in am at about 3/4 nutrients now (compared to GH feed chart). Also, whatever line of nutrients you use has an PK booster and it works (no matter what nute company).
      I am using the full line of GH now and am hoping the next grow is healthy. wire to wire.

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      My past photo grows have been a breeze. Everyone has been faving about autos and how simple they are to grow so I thought I would give them a try. Also wanted some diversity since I have been growing and smoking the same strain for over two years! 😁 Some here say that's why the use kind soil for autos but it seems a little pricey for me...

Looks a little light burned to me

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting, Potted. This is my first grow with new 315 LEC and I have kept it between 18" to 20" away. Santa brought me a LUX meter and when I tried it at 18", they were only getting around 40,000. If I held meter about 10" from light I would get around 70,000. Didn't want to get that close so I did move it about 12" to 14" away about one and a half weeks ago. May have to raise lights...

Yes man it's a calmag deff.
    autos need lots of it..
    Go ahead and give them some..

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Gave em a dose yesterday. Only got about 2 or 3 weeks to go before harvest. Will give more until ready for flush. Thanks Green! How far away to you keep your 315's?

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      I try for 18" but usually around 14-16" as low as 12" all depends on who's under it..

That is a pretty bedraggled looking girl. I'd be checking all grow parameters, and throw everything at it including the kitchen sink.

Answer to your LEC question can be found here. http://www.growweedeasy.com/lec-grow...tal-halide-cmh

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, these autos have been a challenge. I only have 2 or 3 weeks before harvest. All my other grows have been a breeze so this grow has been educational! I have more gorilla glue auto seeds (this grow) and some six shooter auto seeds. Gonna grow six shooter next but if it doesn't go better I'm going back to photos! 😂

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X