Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Lights

Hi All,

I was hoping to get some advice on a lighting setup. Let me start with some current details about my most recent harvest and what has prompted this question.

I recently harvested my first crop of 6 plants. While I'm more than ecstatic that I FINALLY completed my first harvest, I'm most interested in maximizing my grow space moving forward.

I have 2 - 4'x4' tents, one for Veg growth and one for Flowering.

I'm currently running a Virtual Sun 600w HPS air cooled reflector/hood in my Flowering tent. Upon bouncing some ideas off of some local fellow growers, I've been pointed in the direction of upgrading my lighting system for this tent. Please note that I grow organically, and this harvest began with plants that were on the smaller side when I began the flowering light cycle, approx. 18".

With that being said, ive been led to believe that I can "maximize" my particular grow space by running 2 - Hydrofarm Phantom 315, which according to these folks, will pull the same amount of electricity as my current set up, and produce 1200w of light.

Aside from that, I'd love to hear from a few folks as to what they think would be the best way for me to maximize my grow space in respects to lighting. I do currently have a ventilation system with air scrubber.

Also keep in mind that the current 600w HPS can/will be used as my new "Veg" light in the event I pull the trigger on a new lighting system for my flowering tent.

My only major concern: In the winter months, im struggling with maintaining a high enough temp (indoor, basement), and in the summer months, I struggle with too much heat.

Hopefully ive provided enough info to help you folks along. Any and ALL info will be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like they wanna sell you lights.600 is sweet light.get high yield strains , manifold , flower when plant is 2feet , 4 seven gallon pots. Just my opinion.

Comment

• HIonCANNABI420
      HIonCANNABI420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Ell, thanks for the feedback! I tend to agree on the sales pitch too.

These next plants (6) being switched to flowering all have at least 6 colas, all growing in a nice level "table". With that being said, maybe I should wait to see what kind of yield I get from these 6 as opposed to my first harvest which was started with smaller plants, so in theory I should be seeing an improvement all things equal.

Eli nailed it hlon I would concentrate more on other more important matters, I have the same problem with my cellar, thats where I would focus my energy next grow ,giving them the best conditions to grow in
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• HIonCANNABI420
      HIonCANNABI420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point! I think for now ill just focus on the things I can control outside of spending more $$, at least for now! Thanks!

If you want a 315cmh, get you one and you will find out that a 600hps is probably much better than 1 315cmh but not 2. 315s run a little cooler but not much cooler.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• HIonCANNABI420
      HIonCANNABI420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the input!! Ill most certainly be keeping a close eye on some lights I may be interested in a bit down the line.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X