No announcement yet.

Locrian99s 2nd grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think tonight I need to start the dark period for one of the WW harvest Friday. Problem is I moved all the seedlings into the little tent. Think I’d be ok to just put the plant in the drying room tonight. There’s going to be dark interruptions and probably a bit of kiggtbleaks. Was thinking at this point won’t be a big deal, thoughts?
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm. I guess it won’t be too hard to move the damn seedlings. AGAIN lol

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Feeling for you L but if it can work it would be better... Imho

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe I’ll get lucky and when I scope them tonight both plants will be ready. I doubt it but maybe!

Heres some shots of the Wonder Woman plant I refer to as WW1. I think she's wanting to go the full 10 weeks of the 8-10 flowering time. Tonight is day 62. I do notice she is still bulking up, and I'm really not seeing any amber and still some clear. I intentionally set this up so I'd have a spread out harvest but I feel like she's running with it a bit more than I intended lol.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      She's gorgeous!
      I'd say let her run a few more days if she wants to bulk up!
      Ah, the complicated life of the successful marijuana farmer - Enjoy it

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      That plant looks phenomenal Locrian99 !

Do you think this will be your biggest yielder to date?

I have only ever grown autos, but I was contemplating on doing a photo grow next time around with all the freebies I got.

I think Wonder woman would be at the top of my list. I hear it's quite the good yielder, and that looks like a good 5-7 O's right there (really hard to tell not being able to see it in person of course.)

Excellent job man, you knocked this grow out of the park!

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Doubledealing72 yea I’m thinking this will be the biggest yielder. My first grow I grew 4 clones got a total of 6oz so I’m hoping this plant beats that on its own thanks for the kind words. The nirvana strains I grew all did phenomenal and were super easy they have a few new ones I’m eager to try when I grow again. The original glue and tangie inparticular.

And here's some of the Wonder Woman plant I refer to as WW2. I decided to go ahead and put her in the dark for a Friday harvest. I see a few amber, and is pretty much all cloudy I think, if anyone sees otherwise feel free to speak up. I moved her to the small tent, the toddlers got evicted. I keep referring to them as seedlings and babies I realized today they really aren't anymore. They will be in the hands of their new owners by mothers day. I had to give them nutes earlier this week some sort of deficiency starting showing up. Didn't really bother figuring out what it could be, just figured they needed something since I am using Happy Frog and not Ocean Forest I figure they need some food a bit earlier than this last grow spaced the difference. Finally... I weighed the GSC 2 plant finally 83.87 grams. The jars are still sitting about 66%, so I might lose a few grams. But I'm giving her credit for being 3 oz, very happy as she was the runt of the big tent.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jarred up the other GSC. 109 grams. Was thinking she’d be a bit more but her buds are a little fluffy, quart jar holds an ounce with a little room.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Campesino I couldn’t take it I topped them lol

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Locrian99 That cracks me up! Just couldn't help yourself!

And Wonder Woman 2 got the chop today. Buds are way denser than the GSC.
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, what do you think, does she have it in her? ...
      And don't be silly, you are doing great and getting great quality. You aren't going to be sad about "almost a pound"... at least you shouldn't be

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m expecting her to be but I’ve been wrong on my guessing so far

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Let her hang a little too long high 50s. Taking some of what’s still hanging and mixing it.

Put in some bamboo stakes to help support the colas on WW1 they were falling over and the tomato cage just wasn’t high enough to do much good. My tape job that help up the GSC on the drying line gave way to the weight of the WW2 on it. Twice. First time I figured tape was just weak so I retapped it way better. Still gave way I had move a bunch of it off to another line. These are good problems, right?
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      She’s about 75% trimmed I got 2 branches hanging that will be trimmed tonight. Nap time was ending so I had to stop.

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hadn’t taken them off the others I was curious, and I had side branches all tangled up in there. They did some weird growing on that plant. Finding the light.

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, well Happy Harvest Day! I look forward to the pics

Funny I just ordered some just in case. Never used them before.i did a long veg and still have 4-6 weeks to go so IF the sticks get heavy (as they are tall) I'm giving yo-yos a run.
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Any thoughts on how long after watering you should wait to harvest or does it not matter?
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think it should matter much if they dry out right side up or upside down

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Found a high times article that touches on it. Moisture in the medium doesn’t matter, all about humidity. Obviously you’ll have higher humidity if your medium is drenched. But she’s sitting around 40

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I stop watering about a week before harvest but if I need to I have harvested right after watering so you are good either way

And the last plant is now hanging. Wonder Woman 1
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        We have one that rarely gets used. My wife insists on having them all professionally cleaned seems like every 6 months but it’s probably longer. I get to be my clutter happy messy self in the garage and basement. 😀

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        hey Locrian where do you think the term man cave came from cause anything we wanted to do we had to do in the garage or cellar lol, but every now and then we get pay back like tracking mud on the clean floor lol
        nice plants great job looking forward to the next one

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol ojh. It happens for sure.

I wanted to do kind of a grow recap more or less for myself so I can see things I’d change from this grow to the next. Since I ran two tents under two different light setups I’m doing two separate ones since really I feel like I had two grows. The aurora indicas are jewel into curing so here goes.

Aurora Indica (nirvana)
      32”x32”x63” tent
      viparspectra PAR 450
      5 gallon fabric pots (smart pot brand w/handles)
      fox farms ocean forest
      fox farms trio + GH calmag, raw silica, boomerang, wholly mackerel, kelp me kelp you, bembe, open sesame, big budz, cha ching
      tomato cages cut to be 14” above soil with a 14” top ring
      nebulas manifold, defoliation, lollipopping a few super crops
      final yield 2 plants 101 grams
      12 and 10 gauge coated wire and twist ties for lst
      6” in line duct can for exhaust with a reducer hooked up to 4” ducting
      2- 4“ passive intakes
      clip fan for circulating

This strain was very easy to grow. Was a bit sensitive to nutes had some burn early compared to other strains when I fed it too early in the OF I think. Never really fed more than 50% of the feeding schedule, perhaps I should’ve tried pushing it a bit more. Stayed very short and bushy 18” tall. Has an amazing smell while flowering sweet with a bit of spice to it. I’d find myself burying my nose in there and just inhaling. The buds look great very crystally and am looking forward to trying it once the cure sets in. I’ll post my thoughts in OJH’s strain review thread and here once I have a good cure on it.

Things I would change...
      i think I should’ve pushed the light distance a bit. I was concerned about the footprint and burning so I kept it 18-20” throughout flowering. I think this may have hurt my yields some. I wasn’t expecting 4oz plants from the one led but thought I’d get at least 2-3oz. Little disappointed there. If I was to flower two plants in this tent again I think I would get another light, I think ideally I should’ve gone with two 300w reflector series would be cheaper, larger footprint, and more power than the 1 PAR 450. I’m guessing better results. All that said I purchased this with the idea of it being a veg setup and maybe an auto so I won’t be flowering photos in this setup again.
      Being a shorter bushier strain this is one I would be interested in just topping and LST and not manifold. I will define fly try that in the future perhaps a side by side manifold vs not under the HPS I have a suspicion with this strain yields could be better not manifolded as nebula states shorter strains don’t take full advantage of the manifold
      I should’ve been a bit more aggressive in my lollipopping I had lots of lower lard and some of the side branches I let go produced very little and was more of a pain to trim than it was worth (this could also be tied to light height though)
      not really specific to this grow but looking forward to trying coco as a medium next grow. Not looking forward to daily waterings but I was waiting 5 days between waterings for the medium to dry out and I’d notice a jump of growth right after watering, but not seeing signs of droopiness.

things id keep the same:
      tomsto cages, love these things. Easy to train do lst with built in support for the colas (though I don’t think I need it much). They made hand watering a bit more challenging but not terrible.

Silica love this stuff. Branches were strong and I had no issues from WPM bugs etc. not necessarily because of the silica but it didn’t hurt.

Overall this was a pretty easy grow kept waiting for something to happen and nothing ever did just wish they would’ve bulked up a bit more but 3 oz should be plenty for what I’m guessing will be our go to night time smoke.

If if you made it through all that thanks for reading lol
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        I know when I was starting my mainline it said they need high power lights to grow good. Did you compare both lights? They may have needed a little more umph. Glad you gave a recap. But I love my hids and if you're going to spend money on an led don't go cheap. Spectrum king has some great lights for your tent but they are pricey. A side by side with 4 would be the determining factor. Even though they are shorter strain I'd say you did well with your yield. There's probably more to be said about lighting but overall good job imo.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I’ll cover the results under the HPS when I do the other tent recap. The smallest plant so far is nearly as much weight as these two. I’ll say this though the buds under the led seem far stickier. But I think I’m for sure a MH/HPS guy at this point.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your going to love growing in Coco Lorcian its a little quicker than soil . great write up as well

Great recap!

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks felt long winded. Lol

Well I guess I’ve successfully neglected these little plants. Not sure what is going on with a couple of them. Gave them all some cal mag today 6.5 in run off was 7.2. Never had higher than 6.8 eater given to them. Hmm. Annoying. Also think I had my LED too close at full power when I put them in there. 28” backed off to 32” with 50% red 75% white and blue. Bout all I’ve had time for is harvest lately, working on getting house ready to list and dealing with the city where we might build, these little things have just been kind of forgotten.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        They just need some tlc. Tell your friend to start digging and get those homes prepped 😉.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        a little folier essence will pick them right up

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have some stuff I used as a foliar spray last grow with some success. Sea green from primordial essence, I can’t remember if you pH the foliar sprays. But that’s a good idea.

Well just backing off on the light seemed to work wonder on them. I would really like to figure out what’s going on with one of them though. The one looking rough I wasn’t sure was going to make it as a seedling. Bounced back but I’m not sure what this could be it’s on some mid growth.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I sprayed mine with folier essence and then hung the light to low ,overnight they had that type of burn on then, dont know if thats the same but thats what it looked like

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got tired of looking at that leaf and removed it tonight. Lol. It was seriously bugging the sh!t out of me every time I looked in there.

Well this grow is pretty much wrapped up. Tried some of the Aurora Indica last night, still way too early for it to taste good but two good rips off the bong after I got home from work, ate some left overs and went straight to sleep. Worked like a charm, exactly what I was hoping from that strain. Anyways. Big tent grow recap.

Strains grown: Girl Scout cookies, Wonder Woman both from nirvana
      4’x4’x6’8” tent
      600w mh/hps
      sun system magnum xxxl 8” reflector
      pretty much the same as the Aurora Indica stuff above for nutes pots soil etc
      6” exhaust fan hooked up the 8” reflector with a reducer
      clip fan and oscillating floor fan
      final yield approx 15-16oz (I literally missed 3 branches still hanging when I jarred the Last plant my wife asked me tonight why they were still hanging oops)

Both of these strains were super easy to grow. Gave 100% of the fox farms schedule and never saw a burnt tip to both strains. I was a bit worried as they didn’t seem as sticky as the AI, but now that they are dry and in jars they are getting that crystallized look. I had some heat issues this grow. Towards the end of flower tent was sitting at 82 with lights on pretty consistently. Not ideal. We’ll see how the smoke is once the cure sets in. I’ve heard lots of good about the WW. Not heard anything on nirvanas version of GSC so looking forward to sharing my 2 cents on it once I get it cured.

things I’d change
      Ok so I got a pretty awesome deal on the reflector after I had already started the seeds for this grow. 50$ and it looked brand new was still in the box. Couldn’t pass it up. Problem is it’s 40.25” wide and my tent is 48”, add exhaust and room for air to come in and it’s TIGHT. I think this is the heart of my heat issue. Ducting got scrunched at a sharp turn and air flow surely suffered. My fix for this next grow will be just buy a 5x5 tent. There’s a picture of the ducting below.
      Other thing I’d change is don’t get impulsive and use sledgehammer when there wasn’t much reason too. I did more harm than good I think to one plant and it really wasn’t necessary.
      Oh and change the fan on my active intake so that the fan is in the tent sucking the air in rather than pushing it in.
      Lollipop a bit more aggressively and I also think defoliate a bit more aggressively. Just need to fine tune that stuff through experience.

Things I’d do again
      Follow nebulas manifold tutorial with these strains. They seemed to do great with it, and had some very nice large colas. And who doesn’t love looking at a nice giant bud.
      Using the HPS, I think I’m pretty sold on the HPS for yield and just being more straight forward than the LEDs, though I am interested in doing some more research on using leds as supplemental lighting, get the best of both worlds maybe.
      Matching strain height, I intentionally grew these strains together partly due to they were supposed to have similar heights and they did. Just makes life easier not having to mess with it.

Overall im very happy with how this went, next grow I’ll invest in that larger tent and make sure I’ve got the temps dialed in a bit better. I think I fell short of a pound, not positive but think it’s closer to 15oz. I’ll get an actual total soon as it’s all down in the low 60s in the jars. Disappointing but seriously that’s way more bud than the wife and I can smoke. But I really enjoy sharing my buds with friends so I have plenty to do that with still.

oldjarhead100 Campesino D.A.A.S.69Chefbjy Tika fThanks to to all of you that offered advice and encouragement etc through this grow. Decided in October I was tired of buying bud at the dispensary, and the stuff my friend grew was always so much better. If it wasn’t for this site and the community I don’t think I’d have gotten my first grow to harvest, and I know this grow wouldn’t have gone as well as it did so thanks all.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        nice job I see what you mean about airflow, I think going to a bigger tent is the way to go .
        Love the bud storage unit/trophy cabinet ,

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning 99, I think that you know what you are doing ,without any help ,my friend.
        Keep up the excellent work, and keep growing, it gets easier, and easier, if you pay attention, to what your doing.
        After all these years, I still take notes on some things, But you are a great learner.
        You weren't the teachers pet ,were you.???

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Big Congratulations- beautiful haul! Very Happy for YOU🎁🍾🤗🌟🎉

Burping 20 jars a day is not fun. I’ve decided the us oftenhuy hygrometers are more of a pain in trying to keep track of how off they are than they are worth. They seem to get worse over rime and quick. Out of 10 I think I’ve got 4 that are worth using. Anyways just thought I’d stop and bitch about my first world problems lol. Busy busy busy. Got both tents down, and most of my grow stuff boxed up. The little ones are in the hands of their new owners, was kind of sad to hand them over.
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        good luck with the move I think thats why I dont move after 40 years in the same house I don't wan't to move all the shit lol looking forward to pics of the new house and grow room

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Generally I think movin creates more stress than burping 20 jars...At the same time I understand the burp. We wait and wait and then when we get a new work load🙃 and having the hygrometers tuned in, functioning, and true is another yank. I love the CaliperIVs but they do wear out eventually even with new batteries.
        Safe & Happy journey to your new NEST.

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah yes this whole moving process is chaos. I just can’t wait for the house to be listed, 2 more weeks or projects although I keep finding more. I am learning how to do some new stuff, wtf did people do before YouTube videos. Next new project glazing a new piece of glass into a window.
        That’s a good way to go OJH. Driving me nuts I have a little chart with each jars reading and date am cycling through the two calibers. But I’ve seen some massive fluctuation. One day 64 next day same jar at 70. I think it’s me needing to make sure the stuff on the bottom of the jar gets moved around and doesn’t just sit there with the drier bud on top. Idk. I’ve sampled the Aurora Indica a couple times. Good stoney stuff, can’t wait for the full cure to set in.

Hey all, just thought I’d throw out a little update on the smoke from the grow. The Aurora Indica has a nice cure on it now. Has a great smell a hint of a sweet smell to me. Tastes awesome the sweet mixes with a bit of a spice taste to me and mellows me right out. Thinking I’m going to be hoarding the meager 3 oz I ended up with Of this stuff. For sure will grow this strain in the future it’s perfect for when I’m done for the night.

Listed our house today, hopefully this means I’m a little closer to growing again soon. Sitting on over a lb though so I’ll live lol. Hope everyone’s grow is going well, going to go troll about and check out all your bud pics now 😀
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Was wondering where you were!!! Good to hear your voice!
        I mean really...stay posted if it works🤓

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X