Harvest time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest time?

I am at a cross road, I am here in the North East we are in a sever cold snap temps not much above 0. Temps and humidity are jumping all around in tent. 15 weeks from popping heads out of soil. Tri's are cloudy, amber are showing here and there. I would like to get more amber but with the temps at times are to cold in tent. If I use a small heater (on timer) humidity goes way to high. Try to adjust good temp humidity to high, good humidity temp to low. Stressing the crap out of it. Question is should I harvest now to reduse the chance of damaging the girl? Pics are not great but should give an idea where im at.

Humidity should drop when adding the heater. How cold is it in the tent when the heater is not running.

For instance my room is completely temp and humidity controlled. During lights on my room runs from 77.5 to 79.5. The RH at this time is 57%-59%. Once lights kick off temp drops for every 1 degree drop I get about 1% more RH. My heater kicks on at 67.5 and keeps temp between 67.5 -69.5 RH is at 67%-69%. I have a seperate 6 inch just for pulling the extra humidity out when its cooler at night.

Adding heat should not increase RH It should decrease it.
    Last edited by UrbZ; 12-30-2017, 01:59 PM.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

What numbers are you getting re Rh and temps? Type of strain? Strain itself? Feeding regimen? That’d help getting you answers
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Harvest when the tri's tell you it is time to harvest.

That is, as long as you are not in immanent danger of mold. If mold is a major concern I would harvest today.
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Ok right now lights on its 64 deg, (no heater) humidity 74% Strain is white widow auto. Stopped feed nutes about a week ago, just ph'd water (when needed) I switched the lights to 12/12 from 18/6 to see if I could get it to finish quicker. I was planning to have probs because of the cold. It has stopped growing (getting taller) but I do beleve it is starting to get the foxtails, Lights are just about 18/20 in from plant.

Comment

• Newf
            Newf commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't see any foxtailing in your pictures. They look close to being done but cannot make out the trics clearly enough. If it is really bugging you maybe you could harvest half now so you don't stress out as much. This cold snap is not going to get better for at least another week here in Massachusetts. Good luck

Thanks for all the in put. I am going to try to get heater and exhaust fan on a time to see if I can get everything right, One on one off both on both off to see what combo will work. so I will know on the next grow. As soon as I take this one I will be starting more. I dont like to run out.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X