http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Tika! I've been meaning to shout out that I love your avatar.

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! I totally stole it from place but thought it fitting🤪 thanks for saying i& I like it too.
      Delighted you checked in. Stay warm & grow on!

Death Star Harvest phase 2 awaits. She is sitting under a Roleadro 400w COB light, and next to a GalaxyHydro 300w which is feeding her tent-mate. I haven't turned Death Star in about a week, and I know this is informal, but the side that is closer to the GalaxyHydro seems frostier and a little fatter in the buds. I've got a side by side grow experiment in mind with multiple clones in the same bin.

Jack Herer is stretching into week 3, got a haircut and lollipopping, and clones cut. I like cutting clones, it feels like gardening. Even if I don't really have a plan to grow them.
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Death Star yielded another little harvest of top buds, it's taking very long for the lower buds to mature. But I'm going to wait till they are good and thickly frosted, and more than a little amber in the trichomes. I can't get a good picture with my USB microscope. I'll figure it out. So far, I have 5.2oz dried, curing in jars.

Of course, it's dry enough to smoke, but not cured. So I'm smoking it. It's nice,gentle, sleepy high. What little fuel and cat pee smell were there have faded in the jar, leaving a faint, cut grass/mildly cheesy scent. The smoke is smooth, but little flavor.

As Death Star fades away, Jack will rise and become the star of the show. She will be joined by her clone in DWC who will have a few weeks of catch up to do, but as you can see, she has grown from a little clone cut from her 18" tall mother, to about 10 inches now. She is sharing her Scnorklbin with a Holy Grail seedling who looks like she wishes the nutes were stronger. But Jack likes American Beer noots.

I have tied her down for LST with a fishing weight and soft tie.

Comment

• Cronk
        Cronk commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice ones. It'll be good to see what the Jack is really supposed to look like and not all squat like mine. The buds are stacking up, though.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Lookin good in the gher!!! Btw what is the gher???

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        ATU, a gher is the mongol name for a yurt, or the nomad's tent-home. I'm just being silly. I'm not even Mongol. Just a play on my handle.

Cronk-cool! OldJarHead and a couple others are growing Jacks that I'm also enjoying following. If yours is really short, I think that's the good phenotype to have, not too sativa-leggy. Mine also has short internodal spaces, and I LST them down pretty hard to make them spread wide.

The last phase of harvest from Death Star is going to go very long to get nice and frosty, and deeply sleepy. She's got about an ounce her yet to pick. Some of that may get left behind to try a re-veg. She's still getting water, molasses, and Bush Doctor Microbe Brew every 2 weeks.

Jack Herer is in week 4 of flower, her baby budlets are now easily visible to the naked eye. She's still stretching nicely, but with very close internodal spacing. She is growing in Happy Frog soil.

Her clone daughter from December is doing well, about 10 inches tall, growing in DWC. I hope she about catches up with mom by the time she goes in the flower tent.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Everyone looks great!

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey DK, that sure is a pretty bud picture, looking good.I got a CriticalJack, that's just about ready, to cut down, maybe today, when I take a look.

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks TAT and DAAS!

Happy Sunday Morning! Wife and I went fishing yesterday, and I took her out across the bar from Coos Bay out to the Pacific ocean for the first time in our little boat. It was SPECTACULAR! especially for February. The sun came out, the wind was calm, and a 4 foot swell (which is small). We didn't catch anything, and for some reason, our main motor wouldn't start back up. Thankfully, the little trolling motor got us back in (very slowly).

We're also thankful that, since we had plenty of time near shore, we could call the Coast Guard guys and let them know what was going on. The young men and women on duty at Coast Guard Life Boat Station were all very helpful and ready to come out and help us if needed. They called and checked on us, and kept calling me captain, which at the time, I thought was rather cute. After thinking about it later, I think it's more than courtesy. It's a reminder that the driver of the boat is responsible for the life of his wife and 2 dogs when you put them in your boat and take them out into the ocean. Many thanks to all of them!

And thankfully, we're home safe. And the girls are happy and well. Death Star is still hanging on the last ounce or so at 14 weeks. Now I really know how early I took the first half. What a difference in smell in the jar. The first cut is cured after about 2 weeks in the jar. Very light smell of hay and pecans, gentle dense smoke with a soothing head and body high. The second cut is getting nuttier, and even a little roasted coffee. Thank God the cat pee went away. She will finally come down this week, if not this weekend. She's been getting flushed with molasses water for about a week. Her leaves are about done for.

Jack Herer is coming along nicely. Since Death Star looks like she's running out of leaves, I'm defoliating less assertively, but lollipopping more to focus on the bud I want. I have her clone in DWC ready to join her in the tent soon, so I don't have to let her keep all the little stuff. Her little buds are starting to develop trichomes, the lightest of frost.I want to see what being more selective with the buds will get.

Any advice on pruning branches?

Comment

hey Dingus I seemed to have missed you for a little while ,hey I'm having trouble finding my own posts lol plants are looking good . I have a 16 foot that I take on the Merrimack river Mouth and fish for Striped bass .Cant beat any day on the water lol
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning PuravidaC, yeah, any you think want make it ,cut em off, as long as it's still early.
          You an your family need to take a trip down South, I got 20foot Ranger, and will be glad to take y'all on a Largemouth Bass fishing trip, We CATCH fish down here.
          Only 2 times I ever got caught smoking pot,
          was both times by the game warden, lol.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          I was starting to look for different festivals coming up to try to organize a meet-up. Maybe we should have a fishing derby!

Death Star is finished. She got a lot frostier, and a little heavier on the bottom buds and harvested on February 8th. Her last round of harvest yielded 1.2oz after drying on parchment paper in dark closet. Some of her first harvest from Deceber 17 as been a nice, spacey smoke with a gentle giggliness. She did get considerably frostier, but not the frostiest I've seen (not that I've seen much).

She has little smell. Highly recommended for stealth because of lack of odor. Faint scent of hay, toasted hazelnuts on the nose, and light fuel taste on the exhale. Very smooth smoke. The high is gentle and sociable.

After bringing her home as a cutting in a cup of water last Sept, clipped from an outdoor grow just before flowering started, grown in happy frog and flipped around Thanksgiving. She yielded 6.5oz dry (enough to smoke).

Thanks for all your help and company, I love growing with you guys. I'll start a new one for Jack Herer, she's 4 weeks out from flip with little white puff ball buds. She's living under 2 galaxyhydro 300's in Ocean Forest, and will be joined in the tent by her clone daughter in DWC, and lit up by my new Sun LC315 when it gets here! I have the best wife ever!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Lovely Dingus! Who's the JH breeder?

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Tat. Unfortunately, I don't know. She started as a clone from a dispensary in Port Orford, Oregon. They said she came.from a southern Oregon organic farm whose name I forget.

But she grows really thick stalks that get really Woody while still very small. She's not an easy cloner, I've been practicing on her and her clones.

I can't wait to share a smoke report, prolly another month.

Hey Dingus you should submit that picture to nebula for the pic of the week 2nd picture that is
        alltatup who would be the best breeder for JH
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          oldjarhead100 Sensi seeds JH regular (which is what I got):

"Sensi Seeds created the strain about 22 years ago. It's an F1, so any strains from other breeders will be at least F2s and it'll be almost impossible for you to get the "full Sensi Seeds Jack Herer experience" including the chance to select the phenotype that is right for YOU from the four that it can produce."

Jack Herer is considered by many to be one of the best strains around. Learn about the strain here!

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Sensi is def the real deal. I was going to order it when I placed the next order, but I found the clone in a dispensary when we went out of town for the weekend. It was a total impulse buy. It was funny keeping the lights on for it in the bathroom in the hotel. Of course, I have no frame of reference for knowing how like the real deal she is. I can only let you know if the smoke is nice when she's done in a month or two.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          yes the second picture if that is the Death star
          ATU I will have to back and check who the breeder is for the JH I have thanks for the info

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X