Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 day plant discoloration of leaves .Need advice

Hi,
    started my first grow a week ago,yesterday noticed a discoloration of leaves and curled tips of one of my babies. 2 Cream Caramel autos in Coco / Perlite 70/30 ,15 l text pots 250 w HPS , 2' x 3' Grow space, GHE flora trio ,feeding schedule of Nebula Haze at seeding strength + Sensi Cal Mag xtra 4-0-0 2ml per gallon.The other plant (last picture) looks better and is a little bit bigger ,but tоday i noticed as if slight discoloration too.Need some advice from experienced grower how to proceed.

Give the plant a chance to get started before you fertilize it ,flush it with water ,

Comment

Yes give the plant a chance to get started but do not over water, flushing may be problematic for you at this early stage. If you're at seedling strength you may not have THAT problem just lay off for a few days to be sure. The seed comes with enough of its own nutes for a few days. Keep checking your PH. ALSO your pot may be too large for the seedling. It will take a lot of water to saturate and get run off so go sparingly, a few cups at a time. Water away from the plant in a circle surrounding it sparingly. Ensure proper ventilation and lighting distances and be patient.

Good Luck
      Peace on Earth Good Will Towards Men
      P
      My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
      The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Thank you for your help , i will stop watering for one more day and then will water with Ph-ed water without nutes carefully .I also put the light a few inches higher because it looks much like light burn too

Comment

• Paracelsus
          Paracelsus commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice and Sleazy does it

• bobetz
          bobetz commented
          Editing a comment
          i'm trying to do my best , but without experience is difficult to play with such many variables . It is wonderful that i came across this site with lot of info and nice people ready to help. I have a ton of questions to ask.Now i follow step by step Nebula Haze's tutorial with very similar setup to mine, but like i said, too many variables and lack of experience ...hope babies will be fine .Thank you again for your advice .Going to take a look at temperature and humidity and sleep. Here is Christmas already .You prepare yourself for thousands of new questions

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah Bobetz, You keep reading Nebulas tutorials, that will help alot, an don't overwater an you will do a fine job. Merry Christmas.

Hi again , i water them on 27.12 with plane Ph-ed water and now week later i decided to water them again, but don,t sure what to use plane water,seedling strength nutrients or vegetative.Is it time to water with runoff . They are 2 weeks from Sprout and 10 days without any nutrients 7 days without water.Lights are 2 feet away. humidity 40 % temps 22-24 Celsius ( 71-75 ℉ ) here is some pictures

Comment

Yeah, just don't overwater,
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

I'd go half strength nutes or less PH'd water and check your run off and then I'd look at starting to train them if the react well to nutes and water ,
            Your environment numbers are great, whats your light schedule?
            My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till

Comment

Thank you for your help . I keep 24/0 light schedule, because room temperature outside the wardrobe is 16-17 ℃ (60-62℉) with hot air exhausted in the same room and it will go colder next months .So i decide to keep the lights ON instead to heat the room.Hope this is not bad for autos.My mistake with the nutrients in the beginning make me indecisive and yesterday before i read your post water babies with 1 litter (1/4 gallon ) plane ph ed to 6.1 water each, with no runoff, and planning to start LST on bigger one today ,but now my plan is :

1.To give them a few days to drink the water

2 To water them with seedling strength nutrient solution (Nebula's autoflower feeding schedule.On cheap TDS meter i use it is 185 ppm , my water is 50 ppm) .
              I will water until 20-30 % run off which is about a 1 gallon for each of my 4 gallon textile pots

3. To measure Ph of runoff

4. To start LST

or 4. 1. 2. 3. ?

or 2. 3. 4. ?

and may be to lower the light to 15" ?

Comment

hey Bob you might want to rethink watering to run off when the plants are in seedling stage they dont drink alot and if you water to runoff then they can't use it all before it causes problems.
                When I have seedling I give them about a cup of water then check with a moister meter every day and water when needed , Watering to run off is for later in the plants life and even then I only give them enough for 3 days this enables me to give nutes and just water every week.
                Just remember Bob their are usually six ways to do one thing so you need to find what works for you
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Тhank you oldjarhead100 may be i will tray your way ,sounds convincingly, especially for young plants,but how you menage with Ph of Coco without runoff for Ph measurement . And do you experience any problems with scary for me words like salt building or nute lockout?

thank you and sorry for my English

Comment

• Paracelsus
                    Paracelsus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Coco holds salts you need to measure your pH out

Thank you Paracelsus. Since one of the plants started looking worse i started new topic at sick plants forum.
                  Hi ,new grower with nute problems :) 2 Cream Caramel autos in Coco / Perlite 70/30 ,15 l text pots 250 w HPS , 2' x 3' Grow space (picture 9), this is link

After reading some opinions Last night i watered her as you adviced me (with less then 1/2 strength nutes + cal-mag ) till runoff , but only few inches around the plant, not all coco.
                  Watered with 2 l (1/2 gallon ) Ph 5.7 185 ppm till 300 ml runoff . The Ph of the runoff was 6.6 , 168 ppm.
                  I expected high Ph because my tap water is around 7.3 and i noticed that the Ph -ed Nutrient solution on the other day is with higher Ph then the previous day.
                  Today i cut the lower damaged leaves
                  Here are some pictures: 1st is from yesterday before feeding her , 2nd and 3rd pics are from today 20 hours after feeding.Taken on day light out of the wardrobe.
                  I will appreciate any help ,advises and opinions
                  thank you very much.

Comment

• bobetz
                    bobetz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yes ,with perlite 70/30

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey Bobetz, You need to figure out how to water your coco, there's several different ways, some people water feed every day, some like to let it dry a good bit before watering, find one that works an stick with it.
                    Just make sure you got the right ph going in.
                    Have you got a fan blowing a breeze on your plant ?

• bobetz
                    bobetz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey D.A.A.S.69 yes i have a fan blowing on my plants also quite good extracting fan which exchanges the air in the wardrobe. I mess up with nutes: overfeeding followed by underfeeding .I prefer to water when coco drys but apparently it is still hard for me to arrange feeding cycles with drying and plane water between to be enough for my ladies

pH out may be a little low, @5.8 is safe think about it

Comment

Also.. keep in mind. To much nutrients can also cause your plant to act like it's missing nutrients (lock out). So many times with new growers, the reason their plants look like they've been underfed, the actual cause of their problems comes from way to much nutrients.

It is like that with every living being. If you constantly keeps giving your dog food, your dog will love you for it at first. But after a while your dog will get sick, and in a worst case scenario; get some serious life style illnesses and die. The same goes for your plant. But I know.. it's easy to love them too much. Just be patient and you'll succeed.

Good luck to you! Trial by fire is often the best way to learn new things!

Comment

• Potted
                      Potted commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ain’t it the truth Cocho lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X