Why to DWC /Auto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why to DWC /Auto?

So guys, I'm a first time grower, near to harvest, as I posted before I did peatmoss planting, indoor LED with normal NPK 18-18-18, regular bag seed and so on as you can see from my previous post, where things turned out perfectly eventually and I enjoyed every single moment of this adventure.

therefore, I've been reading and researching regarding the home cultivation, and what i concluded, that for the best and fastest crop I should go for DWC method, though I have no previous experience as a hydroponic grower at all, but Im willing to give it a shot.

I would like to try to grow an Auto for once, but I dont know, since from what Ive read that I will have no control over the size of the plant, any recommandations?

also, feel free to advise me if you are experienced with DWC method on what should i focus on when i start, and is it ok if I used "non-world-widely-known brands as fertilizers and nutrients"? Anyone experienced that?

never hesitate to share any thought of discussion regarding this matter peeps ♡

DWC / Auto, worth it???

I'm setting up my DWC top fed in the next few days. I'm following Nebula's guide on the site. She reccomends General Hydroponics Flora Trio for nutes. Check out her 600w DWC grow journal. Amazing results. That's what really sold me on it lol. Good luck with your decision and happy holidays.

Comment

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, ill give it a shot

I am 8 days into flower on my 1st DWC. I find it rather simple. I am using Nuclear Juice and Hydroguard. Change out res and nutes every other week. NJ is expensive. However, I don't need calmag, or anything else,so might be comparable. I also use RO water. Probably switch to tap water after this grow. My tap water is around 170 PPM and has a PH of 7.1. Definitely get a PH meter, test solution, PH up and down, and a TDS meter. The meters are less than $15 each. Definitely need a PH meter and calibration meter right off.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

• Tatoss
      Tatoss commented
      Editing a comment
      I see, first thing first is the meters, got that.
      But is it possible for example to use other brands of (only N or only P) fertilizers that is not special for hydroponics? The normal type you usually find in a gardening supply shop.

• Madman960
      Madman960 commented
      Editing a comment
      As this is my 1st grow, I am no expert. However, you can choose whatever brand of nutes you like. By this, I mean research hydro nutes and pick the one that suits your style. I like iron skillets. The process of rinsing, lightly scrubbing, using the stove to hear and dry them so the oil will soak in and keep it non stick suits me. My nutrients however, do not suit me. So simple that I feel like I am not doing enough. Results are good so far, so do what suits your personality. You probably won't get fantastic results using soil nutes. Of course you could get lucky. Sorry for rambling. Madman

I started growing in hydro 3 years ago. What I've found is that after getting a simple routine of basic checks it's really simple. If you have the ability to keep room temps below 80 and stick with a root inoculant like Hydroguard or this(same as HG but about 40x more concentrated) https://southernag.com/residential-p...ngcde-12x1-pt/ then DWC can grow some incredible meds.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I did one soil grow before switching to hydro. I'm about 3-4 weeks from finishing my 3rd hyrdo grow. If you like science projects with benefits, hydro should suit you. I use GH Flora Trio, follow their 12 week recirculating feeding chart and have no problems. I suggest CMH lights (I have LED and CMH), check pH 2-3 times a day (I have two 2 gallon WaterFarms), add pH balanced H20 morning and night, watch your nute and air temps, defoliate as suggested. maintain good ventilation so the girls jiggle a little bit and you should have no problems. Growing from clones will save you time and surprises.
      Good luck.

Comment

• Tatoss
        Tatoss commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds awesome, guess ill gibe it a try for my next grow then ♡

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X