Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accidental peanut oil decarbo. Is it edible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidental peanut oil decarbo. Is it edible?

I decarbed two early flowers in a metal herb storage container, as I've done for months.
    This time the container leaked and allowed about 1/4 cup of peanut oil (I float the container in the hot oil) to inundate the flowers.
    So now I have some nice looking yellow-greenish oil with my flowers floating in it.
    Has anybody made such a concoction? I don't usually eat peanut oil, but I guess I'll find out if it has any punch to it.
    I live on organic peanut butter, so I guess my body should be used to it.
    Any insights could be appreciated.

I wouldn't see a problem with it, if It was me I'd make kung pao chicken with it.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Yes, the peanut oil will have absorbed some of the cannabinoids and since you have decarbed, they are ready to be consumed. Don't think that the concentration should be to much...waste not, want not.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Let us know about the effects of the oil!

I too may try the Peanut thing!

Comment

First taste test resulted in a nice relaxing body buzz. Not too heady. I didn't really expect too much as the flowers were young and the oil was too much. I agree with the waste not, want not concept.
        Next time I'll weight the metal canister so it sits upright in the oil.
        Decarbing in a sealed metal container floating in hot (digitally controlled) oil bath works very well. The induction hot plate was $40, the induction pot was $40 and the digital thermometer was about $10.

The peanut oil comes on much slower than an EverClear tincture. 1-2 hours for the oil, 15-30 min. for the alcohol.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X