What is This...............I'm Scared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is This...............I'm Scared!

First picture is circled in red showing the growth I'm not sure about. Second picture is a top view of the plant in question.
    Last edited by insomniaczzz; 09-30-2016, 07:16 PM.

More experienced people should chime in, but those look a lot like balls to me, it looks like you have a hermaphrodite on your hands.

I've haven't run into that issue myself as yet, but I've read elsewhere about people just carefully cutting the pollen sacs off. Is this a lone plant or is there a risk of it pollinating others?
    Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

Five healthy looking females in tent all with buds growing bigger every day. Three weeks ago I did remove a hermie from the room and everything has looked great since then.

My first thought was also ball sacs, but they don't look quite typical. Man, hubby is going to go ape if we have to get rid of this plant.

I probably should gently remove these odd growths regarless of what they are, just to be safe.

Comment

Looks like male. Female would have pistils if it were that large.

Be be careful if you try to amputate. Don't want to spread any pollen.

Comment

Plants have been put to bed for the night. Tomorrow, We will have to inspect every plant carefully for any other problems.

Man, this just makes my heart sink and I feel sick to my stomach.

Comment

Looks like bananas. Just pinch them off.

Comment

Congratulations it's a boy! This is not the end of the world (except maybe for that plant). If you have room somewhere else to grow him out do so. You can collect the pollen, store it and use it to make your own seeds. Contrary to popular belief male plants do produce THC although less than females. It can be made into canna butter or other useful meds. If you don't have a place - Bye Bye baby bye bye..........

Comment

Originally posted by Mañ'O'Green View Post
                Congratulations it's a boy! This is not the end of the world (except maybe for that plant). If you have room somewhere else to grow him out do so. You can collect the pollen, store it and use it to make your own seeds. Contrary to popular belief male plants do produce THC although less than females. It can be made into canna butter or other useful meds. If you don't have a place - Bye Bye baby bye bye..........
                It can't be a boy....look at those beautiful buds starting. I am going to remove her from tent and carefully amputate those little growths. I have heard that spraying water will immediately kill pollen. Is this true?

They I guess I will get hubby to build me an isolated area in basement using some panda poly maybe.

Comment

Spraying with water keeps the pollen from going airborne. You're going to need to keep a sharp eye on her/him/it.

Comment

Yep definitely a hermie. U can spend a lot of time pinching all the pollen sacs off but imo id trash the plant

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Nugs View Post
                      Spraying with water keeps the pollen from going airborne. You're going to need to keep a sharp eye on her/him/it.
                      I'm going to remove from grow tent first thing in the morning and then do a thorough inspection of rest of plants.

I guess all experienced growers have been through this but it's a hard pill to swallow for sure. Temps in grow tent have been running on the high side, but all other conditions seem to be fine Could that have caused this?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedygreen View Post
                        Yep definitely a hermie. U can spend a lot of time pinching all the pollen sacs off but imo id trash the plant
                        I'm going to try to save her, just in isolation.

Comment

Its worth a shot. I usually grow outdoor and use sure as shit clones inside in case i have a hermie. Good luck tho i hope it works out

Comment

Originally posted by insomniaczzz View Post

I'm going to remove from grow tent first thing in the morning and then do a thorough inspection of rest of plants.

I guess all experienced growers have been through this but it's a hard pill to swallow for sure. Temps in grow tent have been running on the high side, but all other conditions seem to be fine Could that have caused this?
                            The only thing that could have caused this is genetics or stress, I believe. Unless you're doing it intentionally, of course.

For future reference, if you ever run an unknown or unstable strain try a product like Optic Foliar Switch. I have a buddy who uses this every time he grows Chemdawg or chem hybrids, a strain notorious for herming.

https://www.amazon.com/Optic-Foliar-.../dp/B00E499XX8
                            Last edited by Royal Nugs; 09-30-2016, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks Nugs, I'll look into that.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X