Ducting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ducting??

I am setting up my first grow room at my house and I have a question about the ducting more in particular the type of ducting.Is there a particular type I should use or will say dryer ducting work?Thanks any advice will be appreciated.

I use flex tube, the shiny stuff.

Comment

howdy bc420, The only concern that I would have using the drier ducting is that most that I have seen is translucent. I would be sure to wrap or shield it from light infiltration during the night time so as to not interrupt the dark cycle. As far as fan efficiency and a quitter flow (turbulence causes noise), I would use the 'snap tight' ducting used for water heater vents and A/C ducting. It is more costly than the flex line (elbows and duct tape, etc.) but is easier to mount and is self supporting (to a point).
      Good luck with Your grow.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Vivosun makes some pretty cheap kits. 25 feet of 6 inch flexible silver ducting with 2 clamps is 15$ on amazon.
        ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Hey BC420, I sure wish I had a place that big at my house, like you got, I'd get the good stuff like DW2 says, it ain't gone ware out, that stuffs meant to last
          , in a tent dryer hose works fine. Good Luck with your new grow stuff ,.cause if you don't watch it you might get addicted to growing these plants it's so damn much fun.
          Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 12-22-2017, 02:10 PM.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks all very helpful and I'll have to check on Amazon.I'm almost positive I'll be asking more questions as I said this my first go round and I don't want to F' it up too bad.

Comment

D.A.A.S.69 If you could see what I'm working with you would why I'm not doing more but just starting so we'll see what future holds.Anyhow I'm assuming I could "snap tight"ducting at Lowe's or Home Depot?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's great Bc420, to be able to have a sure enough grow room, yeah I'd just take my time an do it right if you can afford it, you'll be glad you did, in the long run.

• DW2
                DW2 commented
                Editing a comment
                bc420, I forgot to mention that there are 'adjustable' elbows available to make the directional changes with the snap tight piping. You just turn (rotate the sections) to get the angle You need, anywhere from straight to 90°, very easy, and seal it with duct tape.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X