Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My girls didn't have a flowering stretch

They have been flowering for 29 days.

I expected them to stretch waaaaay more. One literally stretched 5in at the max. The other two only stretched 2-3in.

I have a 600w HPS and a 1000w COB (220 actual watts). That's a total of 820 actual watts.

Do you guys think I'll still be able to pull 400g off of these three plants?? Considering the rest of the grow goes without problems.
    3rd Grow
    Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
    Tent- 4x4x6.5
    Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
    Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
    Pots- 3gal fabric
    Nutrients- None

I hate to be a pooper but with my limited experience, I would guess you'll get 200 g max out of the 3 plants.

Comment

• Kpenn
      Kpenn commented
      Editing a comment
      And I hate to hear that, but I'd rather keep my expectations in a reasonable range that get my hopes up big time when harvest comes. So thank you GreenDragonRon

What strains are they? I always read the info on the height to expect from a strain.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Kpenn
      Kpenn commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup yeah that's where it really sucks. This is my first grow, obviously. lol but these seeds were brought back from Colorado as a gift.

Massive Seeds is the company, and they have literally very minimal info on their website. It was a variety pack and they didn't come labeled, supposed to be feminized and 1 was a male. On the website, they don't even have the same seeds that is advertised as being in this variety pack. Just a very sketchy company. I got 10 seeds and popped 4. The rest are going to be gifted to someone or tossed.

I already bought some Nirvana Northern Lights seeds for after this grow

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Kpenn That is funny and very weird!!! Never heard of them, but I just went to their website and I see that they only have seven strains.
      I have no idea how many grams you'll get, but the buds look good.

kpenn I've asked questions about bloom stretch .when I had my bloom room in a tent I never got more than a few inches of stretch WTF right .1000hps IDK so after long deliberation I decided that if you leave your plants in veg for a long time that they dont stretch when you put them into bloom. Maybe I'm wrong but my I put 6 plants in bloom and kept 6 in veg (same age plants) when I reached week 5 of bloom I put the 6 that were in Veg into Bloom and the plants are the same size ,
    This made me think that a plants is decided how tall its going to be and will reach that height whether its in veg or bloom I could be wrong but thats my observation
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Kpenn
      Kpenn commented
      Editing a comment
      That's pretty interesting OJH. Mine were in veg for 60days and today is day 30 of bloom.

Ive heard people say I defoliate like you do, so in your experience, with these size plants how much do you think I could yield???

I'm posting better pictures in the comments in just a second.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      kpenn I think you will get a few ounces

Kpenn, What are the temp differences between lights on and lights off? I read in one of the marijuana horticulture books, that if the temps stay within 10 degrees, stretch is limited. I don't have any experience with this yet.

Madman

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know there are people out there that don't believe water temp has an effect on growth ,I'm not one of them I think it has a direct effect on them when it is really cold(under 60 )it seems to have slowed my Autos way down , I just put a ceramic heater in my bloom room and Im hoping it raises the Ambient temp in my cellar , 20 degree days do not help much though

• Madman960
      Madman960 commented
      Editing a comment
      OJH, Everything I have read says water temps have a direct effect on growth. Makes sense. Many plants won't thrive in soil if it gets too cold. Why would it be different if the water gets to cold. I'm not saying that the cold water will harm the plants, just that they won't thrive like they do with optimal root zone temps. My plants are also in the cellar and we have overnight lows in the 20s. My absent the gets down to 63 overnight. I have not checked water temps at lights on. I should for personal knowledge. I haven't only because I am not changing anything no matter what the temps may be.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree Madman it has to have an effect on them, I know that during this cold snap (snap hell its been cold almost every day so far this winter lol) everything has slowed way down they don't feed as much as when they are happy this is good for my veg area they are ready to flip but still have 6 weeks to wait

3rd Grow
    Tent- 4x4x6.5
    Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
    Pots- 3gal fabric
    Nutrients- None

Comment

looking good Kpenn Merry Christmas
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Fixing to fatten up now Kpenn,
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

The few grows I've done, it seems that strain determines stretch. IF nothing environmental is having a negative effect.
          I grew an indica dom and it stretched to high heaven, almost 48".. Next to it was a sativa dom and it stayed low, 24-27". Clearly not determined by environment.
          Buds look great, but I doubt you will reach your weight goal. Losing 2/3 of weight during curing can be disheartening. Well, until you taste.....

Comment

oldjarhead100 D.A.A.S.69 how much do you guys think these plants can yield?? All together I have about 15 colas all are at least 6-8in of stacked bud sites. I know that my question is almost impossible... I'm just looking for a round about number. So far I've been told about 200g from these three girls, if conditions stay optimal.

I was hoping to pull 400g but it's not looking like that will happen..
            3rd Grow
            Tent- 4x4x6.5
            Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
            Pots- 3gal fabric
            Nutrients- None

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Kpenn, 200grams dry is about 8 ozs ain't it ? It's hard to tell just looking at pictures, but it's gonna be hard getting a half lb.from those 3plants, You can help some by feeding molasses. I hope you get more than that though, hard to tell just looking.

My bubbas gift didnt stretch either.. maybe 50% if that. I just grow them to almost final height. (Last plant was 700mm end of veg.. finished just short of 1m)
            Current grow

4x bubbas gift
            4gal fabric pots..
            coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
            600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              RobM you just lit my light bulb lol, If we leave a plant in veg until it reaches its final height then no bloom stretch, now that makes since thought I was doing something wrong lol. that bring up another question.if we leave a plant in veg until its final height is reached it wont stretch in bloom but if we flip the switch early does the plant still reach the same height , I'm thinking in yield terms ,something else to try love this hobby

D.A.A.S.69 That's what learning is all about I guess huh. That's okay though, it might not be as much as I was hoping but I'll blame it on the damn genetics for not stretching. Anyways, ojh recommend Fox Farms trio (beastie budz, cha Ching, and open seasame) I believe that will have the same effects as the molasses?? or is that not right?
            3rd Grow
            Tent- 4x4x6.5
            Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
            Pots- 3gal fabric
            Nutrients- None

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Molasses is lots cheaper. It'll put the weight on them, that other stuff works to ,but I use advanced nutrients when I use them in coco, in soil I use molasses an teas. Not that much of a difference, but molasses does great in soil.

D.A.A.S.69 speaking of that molasses, I have 5 northern light autos that I'm growing in Kind Soil as soon as I harvest these three. I know on the bag it says to not add any other nutrients, is it still okay to add molasses though???
            3rd Grow
            Tent- 4x4x6.5
            Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
            Pots- 3gal fabric
            Nutrients- None

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, Phil Kind of KindSoil, says you don't need to add anything to the KindSoil an he's right, but molasses and teas really help in that KindSoil, if you send him some pictures of your buds, he will send you some free KindSoil, You can't beat that. The NLAUTO I grew in KindSoil turned into a monster, they get huge in size.The molasses will lower your ph. A half point a tablespoon a gallon of water at least Grannys Old Fashion unsulfered will. BrerRabbit has more good stuff in it.

BrerRabbit. Gonna go ahead and put that in my cart on amazon.
            3rd Grow
            Tent- 4x4x6.5
            Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
            Pots- 3gal fabric
            Nutrients- None

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              You should be able to get it at your grocery store alot cheaper,

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X