No announcement yet.

My perpetual grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen The Rosetta Stone at British Museum when I was a lad. I may try another language with rosetta stone on my laptop. Lol🤣

But Rosettastoned, is a cool dude that can grow 👍🌱
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      It's one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands. If you're not familiar, it's a song about being abducted and being the chosen one to tell the world what's coming. He forgets what he has to say

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      I do the best I can with the knowledge I have to this point. I hope to get better in the future.... Maybe keep up with some of the folks on here

This came out today and I was much more looking forward to this than this seemingly arbitrary holiday. Everyday is 420 for me
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180421-002132_Google Play Music.jpg Views:	1 Size:	272.2 KB ID:	197636

Also got a hand delivered package with some clones. Island sweet skunk and goo. Goo is suppose to be like killawatt. Both of those (killawatt and ISS) are strains this guy grew and we enjoyed years ago. Glad to see they are still around! I get to grow them myself now....good as time as any to try out my super soil mix I made at the beginning of February. I did put some small aloe plants, from the mother I had...now dead, in some of this to see how it goes with them.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180420_233913.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.16 MB ID:	197635
    Last edited by RosettaStoned; 04-21-2018, 06:11 PM.
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

Did a little rearranging...
    Broke down and transplanted the two monster cropped BCPWxBGr's into my 17 gallon no till planters. They needed it bad....I had to peel the fabric pots like a snake skin. (Probably why I was having problems with them recently) I did the same for the smaller one of the same strain, although that was in a 3 gallon not 5. That one went into a 7 gallon fabric pot. I mixed.....
    1 tbsp of kelp meal- for K and trace minerals, readily available
    cotton seed meal- for fast N source, also acidic
    bone meal- for the P, readily available
    1/2 tbsp azomite- for trace minerals and balances soil nutes
    Dr earth life fertilizer w/ mycorrhizae- general fertilizer, also for root growth
    fertilizer mix to make the soil- for good measure
    2 Solo cups ewc, vermiculite, peat, and equal amount of composted soil. Put this mix around the root area and filled the rest in with my soil mix. Top dressed with 1 tbsp of neem cake each for pests. Water heavily but no run off. Moved the 2 17 gallon over to the opposite side of the room with the 175 watt Vero light. 7 gallon stayed with the others.
    Mixed half and half peat/super soil for the ISS and goo. Filled the bottom of the 2 gallon f pots with my soil and then top half with the diluted soil mix. Put the clones into the soil up to the peat pot rims. Water with 8 oz. of water each.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_173424.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	198153Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_173340.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	198158Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_173407.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	198159
    both happy with their new spot. One before one after their hair cut.

Name:	20180422_231749.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	198155

Name:	20180422_231804.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	198154Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_231843.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	198157Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_180141.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	198156
    Last picture is a monster cropped branch. It would make one hell of a manifold.
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m sure you have seen the Velcro smart pots but there is a new brand made out of a different type of mesh I just ordered some for my latest no till seedlings. Not cheap but reusable and machine washable https://gardengearsupply.com/

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks paracelsus! Those look like nice

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Smartphone ( well that's true too) SmartPOTS are washable too. My hydro guy just gave me a lecture about it. No soap, cool water and at a laundromat!

Bored sitting around so I made this.....
    Last edited by RosettaStoned; 04-25-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      When I'm in there I play music. Pretty sure the response I would get from singing to them would be death 😂
      Last edited by RosettaStoned; 04-25-2018, 10:38 PM.

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      🤣😂😅😜😊☺️🤣😂😅😜

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have music playing while I'm working , I can hear my sister who lives on first floor calling and saying WTF if I played that on night Paracelsus lol only listened to a couple of min but I liked it

Hooray, cleaned my meter and changed the batteries and now it doesn't calibrate. Can't get a new probe until Monday 😖😩 I guess my trip to the "gardening" store will include more than just terpinator. I've been wanting two pH meters anyway

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Rosetta Stoned I use cloth bags now to I tried 5,10.and 7 gallon pots then someone posted about how Vivosun has a tan heavy duty 7 gallon that holds 7 gallons well I bought some and I really like them they are just a little bigger than 5s and they hold 7 gallons I found the 10s took to much room

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      These 17 gallon totes take up a lot of room too. But if I grow them big enough that should make up for it. After looking at the 10 gallon today I might just stick with 7s for fabric.

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      I just started using Velcro fives and then going to forever homes in 15 gallon totes until I can get the 400 gallon smart pots going into the living room 🌳

I bought the pH pen today. This thing is the cat's ass! I have a pH reading in about 15 seconds. Checked to see if that was crazy, came back 2 mins later still the same number. Also has a fine tune adjustment so it's exactly what it should be.
    I checked all my reservoirs and my goodness,. Some were in the 3s! I wonder how long the probe on the combo pen was acting up. Its been looking like I have been having nute problems lately....considered changing nutes to see or maybe it was the switch to tap. Pretty sure it was the probe and can't wait to see what it does for my plants having it read proper.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180426_222645.jpg Views:	1 Size:	788.1 KB ID:	199399

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      now thats a ph meter You know when I had to do the big flush it was because I didn't give it enough time to adjust to the correct reading

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with Kingkush I love reading everyone's journals. Gives me new ideas and I learn things at the same time. Keep up the posts.

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually the thermometer goes up the Cat’s Ass
      I know this joke is pretty base 🤪

Well thanks guys, you're too kind. The probe came for my hanna meter today so soaked it in storage solution for an hour or so. Then double calibrated the Hanna with 7.0 and 4.01 solutions. Grabbed the HM digital meter and checked a bucket. They are within .1 of each other. Good enough, since I don't like to ride the line either way. I honestly feel like I see a difference already. Looks like some jumped up over night and much more green.

Comment

Did some more rearranging, moved the SoG over by itself with the 110 watt Mars hydro rebuild. Both larger rebuilds are together covering a 6x8 area with 375 watts. Soil one side hydro the other.
      Way better light to canopy coverage like this.
      Cleaned up cords and power strips and added some perforated angle iron for more adjustability for my lights.

Name:	20180429_165448.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	200865Click image for larger version

Name:	20180429_165635.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	200866Click image for larger version

Name:	20180429_165250.jpg
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	200874
      My main grow (week 8) looks good other than I'm getting yellow leaves more towards the top of my branches on the BCPWxBGr's. It seems a little early for that, the last one I took at 10 weeks 4 days and didn't fade until I flushed. The solutions are a little low in the EC but I would think more leaves would be yellowing, not just sporadically. Almost all the limbs are falling because of the weight. Thrichomes on these seem to be kind of ahead as well. Probably 60-70% cloudy some amber on the leaves.
      The back left corner PExBD has kind of limp leaves and a cloudy bucket, roots look/feel fine. I'll change that bucket out and see what happens. These normally take an extra week or so longer to ripen. Even then I think they could go longer.
      Still need to trim my last PE sog with the 4 revivals. They have taken an extra week in flush to be ready. Which is lining up my schedules again. Plus some veg room delays

Name:	20180430_185157.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	200870Click image for larger version

Name:	20180430_185216.jpg
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	200871Click image for larger version

Name:	20180430_191027.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	200875Click image for larger version

Name:	20180430_183013.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	200867

Name:	20180430_183039.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	200876Click image for larger version

Name:	20180430_183127.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	200868Click image for larger version

Name:	20180430_185043.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	200869 << PExBD

Name:	20180430_191039.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	200872

Name:	20180429_223246.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	200873 << PE sog Click image for larger version

Name:	20180501_201134.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	200877 new toy, wifi USB microscope. Use it with your phone

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Buds look grand!
        I envy your lights, space and set-up
        Not sure about the yellowing, but how low is a little low? Looks like those that are yellowing have equal access to light. So probably nutrient, but may not be problem. You don't seem particularly concerned...

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        Early morning recon in the brush before lights out. Only one plant is producing yellow leaves. The one 90 ec lower than the other two. I'll bump it up tonight when I change out that other bucket.
        I grow for two others besides me and the wife. Friends get the extras for a small fee. That's mostly why I have what I have. If you had all this I think you would a better job than I am.
        I am not that concerned no, I figured there would be problems after fixing the pH issues. I just want to get through this one and start all new records. Make all new nutrient recipes because I'm sure the plants will react different with proper pH.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning RosettaStoned, brother your plants are looking great, !!!
        Is your new usb, Wi-Fi, better than the kind you plug in to a computer? I gots
        one of those but don't have a computer.
        All I gots is this phone, I had to leave the s on got, lol
        Your lights are awesome, several friends of mine are reading all your posts, and trying to build some also, but I thick they are kinda like me, they don't know to much about
        lectwisity, haha

rosetta they are looking great getting close ,I'm going to do my first scrog with the tutankhamon hope it goes as well as yours
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure you'll be fine ojh. You grow a jungle, I don't think one plant in a screen is going to mess you up.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        but 11 might lol

• Paracelsus
        Paracelsus commented
        Editing a comment
        Your lucky number

I think I have things back in order.....

Name:	20180605_195415.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	211167Click image for larger version

Name:	20180605_195441.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	211168Click image for larger version

Name:	20180605_195451.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	211166Click image for larger version

Name:	20180605_195342.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	211164Click image for larger version

Name:	20180605_195530.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	211165

Comment

• KingKush
        KingKush commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope you enjoyed the high-iatus! Nice to have you back.
        Powerful harvest a month ago I assume? Haha
        I get all stoned after cropping and forget to post for a few weeks too

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Cheers RosettaStoned !
        Plants and set-up look awesome!
        I mean really

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah....I had to get my head on straight. After the my last grow, which was a debacle, I felt I had failed my friend and myself. Not sure how things got so how out of hand. So I reread everything and implemented new procedures and execution. Also, I have had awful luck trying to get anything I've grown to smell like weed. That's what has got me feeling completely worthless. I always strive for perfection and when it is not achieved.....I lose my shit.
        I'm extremely critical of myself by the way
        Last edited by RosettaStoned; 06-07-2018, 04:32 PM.

Doesn't post for a month then BAM ! Check this out!
      Looking outstanding my friend!
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

nice job Rosetta Stoned I really like your height adjusters way to improvise
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Ratchet pulleys are my friends

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          haha didn't see those . I was talking about the table thingy lol

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          All my scrap lumber becomes height adjustment tables now

I did end up with all of this though.......and those little shears are nice. Changed my dry/cure method some and might actually have a decent batch.🤞
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20180607_081348.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	211883Click image for larger version  Name:	20180607_081341.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	211882
        Last edited by RosettaStoned; 06-07-2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Love ratchet "ropes", looks to be an exquisite grow, and delighted with your posts.
          We all thump ourselves to one degree orcznother...I gave myself ( still giving self) a sever throddling over bud for.
          Take a deep breath- you did GOOD! Like in beautifully😊🤗❤️
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

My phone takes too good of photos for this place or I'd have some for you. Coming right along though....

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X