My perpetual grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job Rosetta great looking pictures
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Can't sleep....
      "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
      5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
      600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
      Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
      400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
      ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
      13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        That's right; Santa can have his coke; we got our weed!

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        guess we found everybody thats up lol

• RosettaStoned
        RosettaStoned commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't sleep well and with this hand, pretty much not at all.

Look who's joining the party, pineapple Express x white widow. Put them in damp paper towels Tuesday night, in a sandwich bag, on top of my router for some heat. Guess I could have used my seed mat now that I think about it 🤔 the starkiller bag shouldn't be too far behind. The hull is cracked open just no root yet. I put the four that popped in rockwool plugs soaked in a rhizotonic solution and into the dome with the clones. No root on those yet but should be any day now 🤞(will still have to wait a few weeks for them to convert back to veg mode). Filled the bottom of the dome tray with a rhizotonic solution as well since the plugs were getting dry and want them to search for water. A light mist and dome back on.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20180304_013443.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.84 MB ID:	182072Click image for larger version  Name:	20180304_015752.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.95 MB ID:	182074

The semi super soil girls are really filling out. I've seen others using small tomato cages so I figured I'd try it out. Still trying to decide if want to grow them huge and use my high powered lights for them. They would need a transplant though, they're only in five gallon fabric pots. Or, use them for my smaller in-between grow. Watered them and started the intake of the bottled nutes I was given. Just using GH organic bio root (5ml 32 oz.) and their organic calmag (3ml 32 oz.) Right now. Topped the smaller one down three node, it had stretched horribly. It's nice and wide now. This also got water using the bottles but half the amount. I think these are the healthiest looking plants I've grown and I don't do anything but water....and add some nutes/additives now. Still haven't ph'd, checked EC, or had run off to check.
      ​​​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	20180304_021036.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.53 MB ID:	182073Click image for larger version  Name:	20180304_020745.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.13 MB ID:	182071
      "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
      600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

Sprouting seeds is one of the most exciting parts! What is the Solo cup with the blue line in the humidity dome?
        The organic girls look great!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was over at my friends house and he showed me his new cloner he got a $40 humidifier from wal-mart and hung plastic over a set of shelves he uses the humidifier to keep the clones at 100% looks like it works great if either of you are interested I will take a picture and post it but I dont thinks its that hard to figure out

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          All excellent ideas!
          Most of the time having low humidity is an asset for growing... there are some exceptions!

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          oldjarhead100 I would love to see a picture of your friend's cloner hack.

One hand and three days later...light built and installed. Let's see what it can do!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20180308_001814.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	183583Click image for larger version

Name:	20180307_222309.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	183586Click image for larger version

Name:	20180307_222301.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	183584Click image for larger version

Name:	20180308_001831.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	183582
        Two pineapple Express x white widow have poked their heads out. Finally some signs of roots on the clones.

Name:	20180308_023014.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	183585Click image for larger version

Name:	20180308_023111.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	183581

Comment

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, nice rack.

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Fabulous arrangements RosettaStoned. 🤪😊🤪

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys!

RosettaStoned
        Are you gonna tell us more about tose lights? Or you gonna leave us in the dark ? 🤣

Whats the actual draw? Looks like it may warm up your room? Expensive ? Either way, looks like a bad ass light man. 👍
        "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Californiakid Thanks, hopefully money well spent! oldjarhead100 I love a good slight! yes, they are cobs. Vero29 gen 7s to be exact. The light pulls 600 watts (dimmable) but replaces a 1000 watt hps, roughly. 6 3000k and 6 3500k for a little wider spectrum. 2 supplemental led strips, 12- photo red (660 nm) LEDs and 8 - far red (730 nm) LEDs per strip, 35 watts each. These are suppose to create the Emerson effect which is basically the increase of photosynthesis. As far as heat, I've put my fan on a 30 min on/off schedule during flower, it ran full time before. It was a bit pricey but this can be upgraded or customized if I want to change a few things. Not anymore than an Advanced Platinum, Cirrus, lumigrow, etc..

It​​​​​ shouldn't take that long to build obviously, I could only do so much at a time then had to wait for the wife to help hang it. What a gal!
          Last edited by RosettaStoned; 03-08-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            Is this a kit from Rapid led?

I'm heading down the rabbit hole lol.

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, the 4x4 Vero kit.

Changed out the six girls in the flower room tonight and flipped the switch on them. Bumped the EC up .3 on all and ph'd to 5.8. the three with the terpinator got another .2 EC from that. Night two under the new light and they still look good, even better the light still works 😄 it has great penetration, I can see light on the leaves below the net. Gave them a pretty good hair cut underneath and some through out the top. Feels like they need more but scared to go too far with it.
          Also took down the tarp to cover the sog grow from the extra six hours of light. Synced the timers. Checked the SoG reservoirs, a little low on the pH for me so back up to 5.8ish they went. So far I can't complain too bad about these galaxy hydro lights, the flowers look pretty good. Could use one more over the area, some of the outsides are suffering a bit.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20180308_230551.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.20 MB ID:	183979Click image for larger version  Name:	20180308_230622.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.41 MB ID:	183978Click image for larger version  Name:	20180308_230630.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.30 MB ID:	183980Click image for larger version  Name:	20180308_230640.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.29 MB ID:	183981
          Last edited by RosettaStoned; 03-09-2018, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the last picture with the two different colors

11/13 of the monster cropped clones have roots forming. Soaked 12 five inch rockwool cubes in calmag (5 ml) silica (3 ml) rhizotonic (10 ml) per gallon. 11 of them went into the cubes and under a 125 watt cfl. The other two I opened the plug and put some more rooting gel at the cut. Now wait and hope for the best. One block remains waiting on it's resident.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20180310_011321.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.30 MB ID:	184371Click image for larger version  Name:	20180310_011303.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.92 MB ID:	184373
          There's still only 2/4 pineapple Express x white widow popped. I can see the root and the hull is open, they just need to start their journey. I also soaked 4 three inch cubes, same solution, and put all the plugs in cubes. Moved two smaller girls under the light with the two soil girls.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20180310_011313.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.16 MB ID:	184372Click image for larger version  Name:	20180310_011403.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.96 MB ID:	184374
          Last edited by RosettaStoned; 03-11-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            The two with cages are monster cropped. There are twice as many branches and the node growth is pretty amazing. No experience with flowering yet. The cage is three foot cut down at the second ring, probably about 8 inches in diameter. You can see the tops to the right of the plants.
            I can post a pic of a branch if you want.

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea if it’s not too much I’d be curious too see.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Locrian99 a clone is the same from a mother plant or any plant in your garden monster cropping has no effect on clone except that if I wanted to pull clones I would do it long before I monster cropped . Last year I started seeds for outside grow when the seedling needed to be topped I cloned the tops then when they were ready to top I clones those as well 3 times I clones the same plant and all were healthy and viable

They are about 3/8 apart every where. The third picture is trying to show the 6-8 branches in a 1 inch section on stalk. They all could have been bigger but I didn't train it well and topped it a little late. They have sections of stalk where there's nothing too. That's where the previous stretch was from flowering. These where kind of of big branches I cut and tried just to see if I could do it. Ideally you want to keep them smaller to avoid the bare spots, my opinion. I will say it takes them longer to root and about four weeks to convert back to veg. Then they grow a little funky after that.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            Oops, here Locrian99

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting. I was wondering about the reveg time too. Def a bit more time invested

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I'll kinda see if they do better. Since it's soil and different nutes kinda hard to say it's better than the previous hydro grow. Also not too sure on the amendment mix I did for this semi supersoil. I might have needed to add a little more pH control, my tap water is about 6.7-6.9 pH. That's what I used up until recently when I started the nute program. I used my RO once, big mistake since it's around 9.5 pH. They didn't like that too much.

Everyone (the girls) is liking the new lights, so am I. Only two PE x WW made it. Doesn't surprise me, they are about 6 years old and didn't get stored properly. I started another one and another pinewarp x bubblegummer. I want see if grows the same as what I have now. Clones are shooting roots out now, a few days and they'll be coming out the bottom of the block.
          Started feeding the soil girls some buddha grow (10 ml)with the bio root (5 ml) and calmag (3 ml). One gallon between the three, a little less for the small one.
          I'm in for an arduous journey, the six big girls are drinking about 14 gallons, extra, in a week....it's only the end of week one. The thinning/defoliation I did a week ago doesn't even show anymore. Also been a week under the new lights.
          sog res change tomorrow night, 21 gallons plus 5 for topping off
          big grow Thursday night, 21 gallons plus extra 10 for topping off
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20180313_011506.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	185847Click image for larger version  Name:	20180313_011704.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.02 MB ID:	185848Click image for larger version  Name:	20180313_011749.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.60 MB ID:	185849
          Last edited by RosettaStoned; 03-15-2018, 03:52 AM.

Comment

geez Rosetta you have as much to do as I do but you seem to manage it a little better lol

Looking great
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• RosettaStoned
              RosettaStoned commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know about that

I made these yesterday in hopes of having to not make so much nutrient solution. I need to make three more for these containers. 4" pvc, end caps, silicone, sand. One takes up 175.84 cubic inches. A gallon is 231 cubic inches.

Name:	20180315_003645.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	186189Click image for larger version

Name:	20180315_022723.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	186187
            Also built a duct out of foam to cover the passive intake from veg room. Tired of the old box covering the light.

Name:	20180315_013116.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	186185Click image for larger version

Name:	20180315_003635.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	186188
            Two of three ended week six tonight. Sliding an extra week in of pk 13/14 and see how they do. Dropped the nutes down a touch though. Bumped up the third slightly for the next week, they are small compared to the others. Issues in veg and being on the edge of the light is my guess. Looking good though, smells even better!
            Happy growing

Name:	20180315_003857.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	186186Click image for larger version

Name:	20180315_003808.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	186190Click image for larger version

Name:	20180315_003907.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	186191Click image for larger version

Name:	20180315_003916.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	186192

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Ahh, just for displacement!

• KingKush
              KingKush commented
              Editing a comment
              Right on I had no idea what those tubes were for either until you explained it just now.
              For the time being I don't have water plumbed to my grow i have to walk outside and get it from the spigot one jug at a time. Takes me a dozen trips but I still greatly enjoy growing in soil. The girls can get thirsty once that root ball starts maturing but I wonder if you will notice a difference in smell or flavor of the final buds since you are growing hydro side by side with soil.

• RosettaStoned
              RosettaStoned commented
              Editing a comment
              Me as well

Had to think about that for awile I'll tell ya the difference between hydro and coco is quite a bit lol, whole lot of new concepts . I use 6 inch pvc tubes in my squash garden 24 inches pound in 6 inches and they give 1 gallon of water to the roots

Comment

Big girls are loving life and taking anything I throw at them. Easily drinking a gallon of solution a day, each, and EC drops about 400-500 in two days. I'd still rather chase the nutes than over feed so keeping the schedule as is. The terpinator side has a lighter green tone to the leaves but that's about the only difference right now. They are all getting to about 5 foot, but two were lifted 6 inches at the flip to match canopy heights. Had to raise my light 6 clicks a day for this last week. I feel like the flower production is better on this grow but that could be just my hopes for the new light.
              Also hung my GoPro from the light frame and have been taking a photo once a day, for the last week or so. If Campesino doesn't care if I make a time lapse like him then I'll put it together at the end or when it looks good enough to post. SoG (8 weeks tomorrow for 2/3) is coming along with amber popping up on the sugar leaves. Definitely drinking a lot more water than nutes. Seems a little early from the last grow of pineapple Express but first time growing with led. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180327_005505.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	189958Click image for larger version

Name:	20180327_005854.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	189959
              I have a slight issue with my soil grow and thinking it's a P or Ca deficiency but unsure so any thoughts would be cool. It's not all the leaves but a few up at the top under the new growth, say 2-3 nodes down. Water is about 6.8 pH before nutes but I don't check anything as a test for the pH control I mixed in. The soil tests at about 6.8 pH also. There's barely any P mixed in and haven't started adding any yet.

Name:	20180327_010505.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	189960

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                RosettaStoned commented
                Editing a comment
                I can post more of the whole plant tomorrow.

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking awesome, rosetta!!!

• RosettaStoned
                RosettaStoned commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you 😁

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X