My perpetual grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My perpetual grow journal

Since I'm coming to end of my first grow. I might as well start a journal of everything I'm doing from here on out. I'm new to forums and don't use social media. So if I'm doing something wrong, please let me know. I'll do my best to change my habits.

13.5’ x 14' grow room 6" can fan w/ipower carbon filter
    My current equipment is
    2 600 watt hps
    1 250 watt hps
    2 150 watt hps (built into one unit)
    4 2' flourescent lights for clones and seedlings
    Using 2 4'x4'x7' for flower but want to separate the room and ditch the tents
    3 air pumps w/8way splitters
    Various fans and inlines

Growing in dwc with rockwool cubes, 5 gallon buckets for flower 3.5 for veg. I run Canna nutes, full line with boost.
    keep my veg between 5.65 - 5.8
    Week 1-6 between 5.8 - 6.0
    Week 6+ 6.0 and above

Tent one has three plants 2 at 9 weeks and 1 at 8
    tent two has three plants at 2 weeks
    Six more ready to flower in veg area
    Eighteen clones for a SoG after they veg for a few weeks

​​​​​​​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RosettaStoned; 02-05-2018, 10:51 AM.
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

wow those are looking good Rosetta , I think you have the right Idea . I grow in soil but I have 6 plants in bloom when they hit 5 weeks I put the next 6 beside them in bloom room so I figure when the bloom plants are done I will have a 3 week head start on next run, Getting the timing down is tough sometimes but if you stick with it you should be ok
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Thanks ojh! Yeah I wanted to get the second run started sooner but you know......I didn't hahaha. Now unfortunately I'll have three going at once. I'll manage though. Here's a picture of the SoG reservoir, they're 12 gallon with three inch pots
      "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
      600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

Oops here it is
        Attached Files

Comment

thats going to be cool I posted a picture so you could see how i did it , You can see the double rows ,I have a light mover and leds so when the hps isn't right over them they look red lol

I have a 6x8 tent with a zipper that wont work so I made it into the veg room and a auto room then I have my bloom room separate it can be a juggling act sometimes
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

Gorgeous, love the setup!

Comment

its 530 am and I just sat and stared at your pictures for about 5 minutes while drooling on the key board lol

Comment

Haha thanks ojh!

Comment

Chopping down the BC pinewarp x bubblegummer this Friday! I like the color change that's happened the last week or so. Maybe the pineapple Express x black diesel crosses will be ready in a week or two.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Those are some beautiful pictures, RS, good luck with your harvest.

• Zomb
                    Zomb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That looks great!

• Jr83
                    Jr83 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dam those are sexy good job

wow looking good you should send that last picture to nebula for pick of the week fantastic job all the work is really paying off

Comment

How do I do that ojh?

Comment

I messaged her and she sent the link but if you PM her and attach the best pic that should work

Comment

Started my first harvest 🤘only got through half the plant. That is quite the process, time consuming. All I've read about it and the several warnings I got from my friend still didn't prepare me for it. Very rewarding though!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
                          alltatup commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Great trim job, stoned!! They look fantastic!! (I love trimming buds: it really calms me down ;-}

they look fantastic Rosetta good job

Comment

Thanks guys! Now I just hope I can get through the drying/curing without anything terrible happening.

Comment

• alltatup
                            alltatup commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Drying is definitely an art, but it's fun, too. The hygrometers that Nebula recommends are indispensible for me:

You will be able to feel the buds re-distribute their moisture once you put them in jars. As I'm trying to handle the buds as minimally as possible, I don't like taking them in and out of jars, unless the RH is super high, so I do this;

During the first two weeks after jarring, I keep the jar lid partially open to maintain the right RH and let them continue to dry slowly. Depending on what the RH is inside the jar, the lid's sometimes half open or 1/3, and as they get dryer, I will just leave the lid cracked open.

I also very gently move them around once a day with a thin metal utensil. This works for me to slowly bring the RH down inside the jar to around 62%. I've never had any mold or problems doing it this way.

• RosettaStoned
                            RosettaStoned commented
                            Editing a comment
                            When you say open, you mean the lid is only screwed on half, third, or whatever your desired amount air flow is?

As far as lids go....do you guys use the metal lid with the separate ring or the plastic lids used for pickles and such. I have plenty of jars from my vegetable canning/pickling but I will have to pick up some lids.

Alltatup thanks for the method, I like hearing how others do it.

• alltatup
                            alltatup commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Stoned, I will balance the back of the lid, opened all the way, against the wall behind it, so I can adjust how much air flows into the jar. Sometimes I turn the lid upside down and balance it on the lip of the jar.

My jars all have one-piece lids.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X