First time DWC grower ** Please Share Your Wisdom **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time DWC grower ** Please Share Your Wisdom **

Recently I have purchased a 4x4 tent with a dwc system and a 600w led light with all the bits and bobs for a home grow. I have 2 seeds of Lemon Amnesia and 2 seeds of Critical kush.

I'm just needing to know all the crucial steps that I can't get wrong if I want a decent yield. Any information and tips would be so helpful as this will be my first grow.

Tips about nutrients and easy techniques to change your nutrients would also be very helpful.

I'm very much in need of a gurus advice

Thanks in advance

This easy tutorial explains how to grow cannabis indoors from seed to harvest. Learn how to take care of your plants with step-by-step instructions!

Start here and continue ,read all you can then ask when you have problems we will be happy to help, all that info you are looking for is in one of these tutorials good luck
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

1) Do your research here. The articles are clear, practical, easy to follow.
      2) Follow directions. Uninformed creativity is rarely rewarded.
      3) Keep a journal. Record everything ting you do. pH adjustments, water added (date, time, amount), dates of nute change. etc.
      4) Post any problems here. All varieties of growers are here and they share their experience.

Good luck.

Comment

Howdy Four420twenty, Here's my $0.02 worth;
        1. Keep the water very well aerated (I use four 2 inch x 4 inch air stones in a 6 gallon reservoir).
        2. Keep the water temperature between 62° and 70° F (I use ice bottles to keep the temps down).
        3. Change out the reservoir water every week and add (when needed) pH'ed water between feedings.
        4. Keep the air circulating around Your plants (I use two 8" oscillating fans in my grow space (2 ft. x 6 ft. x 8 ft.)
        Good luck with Your grow.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Zomb
          Zomb commented
          Editing a comment
          That makes sense. I start early next month. Been trying to soak up as much info as possible to prepare myself. One more question, how often do you check pH? Just when putting water in, daily, or more?

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I check the pH level when I mix up the nutrient and water (around 6.0). When I top off the reservoirs at mid week, I check the pH in the reservoir first and depending on what it is, I adjust the fill water pH to adjust the reservoir. If the reservoir checks between 5.75 and 6.25, I only add 6.0 pH'ed water. At the feeding I check the drainage pH, this will give You an indication of how the plants are taking up the nutrients. The pH changes (goes up) as the plants take up the nutrients, a pH of 7.0 at the end of the week is a good sign that the plants are using what they are getting. I used to check and adjust the pH every day, until I nearly killed off my plants due to 'pH shock'.

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Per nebulas instructions at http://www.growweedeasy.com/high-yie...nics-technique I add nute solution during the week. If you just add water it brings down the EC/ppms. Your trying to keep that number constant during that cycle, unless they want more or less. Also per her instructions I make an extra amount of solution to do the topping off with.
          I also check pH every night but only adjust if it's not in my preferred range. Never adjust more than .5 pH a day.
          Like dw2 said, its nice to see the pH up and the EC down because they have been eating nutes. But that means the solution is also low on nutes for the mixture you made. I think it's better when you hit the sweet spot where the water level drops, but the pH and EC stay the same. To me that means they are getting exactly what they want the whole week with no fluctuating in nutes levels. My 2¢

Thank you all very much! Your advice is very much appreciated will be in touch as my grow progresses.

Comment

Use hydrogard. light leaks are your enemy.
          It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Everything can go wrong, don't worry growing cannabis should be fun. Don't obsess over them. Have a feeding plan that matches your chosen medium. Always Ph to 6. Let the light in. Don't cut off healthy leaves. Cut off all leaves that are 50% or more diseased. Plant runoff is not a science worth its smell. Break legs!

Comment

I am on my 1st ever grow and doing DWC. I have a 48x48x80 text, 1500 watt LED, and 4 plants 8 weeks from seeds. Decide early if you will manifold, the scrog, or sog. Each have their own pros and cons. I don't have a recirculation setup, so I decided to manifold. I use RO water. My nutrient manufacturer recommends changing every 2 weeks. I add Epsom salt with my nutrients because of the RO water. Not sure if it's beneficial or not, but makes me feel better. Don't forget the hydroguard.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. I have finally germinated my seeds and they're beginning to sprout. At this stage I'm just wondering how far I should have my 600w LED from the seedlings.

Thanks in advance

FOUR420TWENTY

Comment

For seedling I keep LED's at least 36" away.

Comment

Greeting fellow growers, My plants are doing quite well at the moment. Been under my 600w LED light constantly. Just recently I've noticed a few holes on one of the top leaves and some starting to appear on the other.

can anyone tell me what this possibly could be.
                    Always PH my water to 5.5..
                    use hydrogaurd and general hydroponics nutes

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pictures attached.

Four420Twenty 😎😎

Comment

• DW2
                      DW2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Howdy Four420twenty, I have had very similar holes or lesions show up on my plants. They usually have some very tiny, for lack of a better description, 'jellybeans' near them and some thin, wispy fibers occasionally. The fibers do not appear to be webbing as they seem to be 'loose' and not like a spiders webbing (or mite's ). I have applied a foliar spray using Azamax and have added the Azamax directly in the reservoirs. This has appeared to, at least, contain or control the critters (?) as after application, they have not seemed to spread. I still have not had anyone identify the infestation or say whether it is a bug or a microbe.

Thank you for your advice DW2, I appreciate it. I wasnt sure if it was a nutrient problem, maybe the beginning of root rot or a pest of some sort. Will sort some foliar spray and give it a go!! 😁😁

thanks again DW2!!

Comment

• DW2
                      DW2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I hope that I have helped you out. The application directly into the reservoirs seems to do more good, in the long run, than the foliar application. I follow the directions on the amount to use (with the Azamax), I usually add 10 ml in the reservoir (six gallon capacity) at the nutrient change. The Azamax is taken up by the plants and gets to the bugs. when I see no further signs of new damage, I stop adding it to the reservoir. What ever it is, it does not do a lot of damage very quickly.
                      Good luck with your grow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X