No announcement yet.

Getting ready to start 3rd grow, have some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I understand the longer you use it, the more easily you know how much to water before run off. I know the first time I watered after getting the Kind Soil and grow medium into the pots it took right at 7 cups per pot. So I have a base to go by. I'm sure all the other variables will come into play, heat, light, humidity, air flow, the plants' need for water. And some plants want more water than others. I don't keep mine on a strict schedule, when they want it/need it that's when they get it.
    Current grow:
    2-300w led lights
    1- 60w cfl for germination
    2- 5 gal fiber pots
    Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
    Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
    Seeds:
    Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
    Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
    Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
    Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

I had to germinate another seed today. The Sweet Berry Cough didn't germinate. I only ordered the one seed so I had to drop back and punt. I started a Diesel Kush Auto to take its place. I kept the S.B. Cough in dirt, separated from the other seed just in case, you never know, I might get 3 plants, just won't use Kind Soil for the one that comes in late. I hope that I get 3...it'd be a nice surprise.
      It's been cold here but the tent stays warm so I don't think that's the issue.
      I hope the new seed pops soon, I have to change out my calendars and start counting weeks. It sucks because the S.B. Cough was a 53 day seedling to flower plant I was looking forward to seeing if it was that fast.
      Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Seeds:

Comment

I officially have 2 plants! One is the Sweet Soma that I germinated right around Christmas. It's the oddest plant I've ever seen. It came up looking deformed. I left it alone and it finally took off and today I was dealing with it and can't describe how it looks, other than like it's been topped and is growing side shoots. I was going to LST this plant but maybe I won't. The last seed I germinated has sprouted and looks normal. It's Diesel Kush b/c the Sweet Berry Cough didn't germinate.
        I wish I had a picture. My camera doesn't take pics and my out of focus camera laid down on me the other day. I wanted to take snow pictures...it's shot. So no pics unless a new camera appears in my house.
        My third grow is off to a good start!
        Current grow:
        2-300w led lights
        2- 5 gal fiber pots
        Seeds:

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Good deal, bc! Girl, you don't have a cell phone with a camera???? We gotta see the babies!!!!!!!!

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning Blue, all right Blue, you gonna have to get you a camera !! All I gots a phone.

• Paracelsus
          Paracelsus commented
          Editing a comment
          And there off, Congrats on your successful germination. You must be relieved.

I was watching Mr.Tight on You Tube, he has a Poor Man's Grow series. He used a technique where instead of lowering his lights to the plant, he raises the plant to the light by stacking buckets upside down (one inside the other) under the lights. Then as the plant grows he would lower the buckets as needed. It was very cool and thrifty.
          Here is the episode.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

But you would profit by watching the whole series.

Happy Growing!

No I don't have a phone that takes pictures. I still have a flip phone and it will take a pic but it's like 1" and blurry, no flash, no frills. My camera has been used to death, literally. It used to take great pics but now only fuzzy out of focus things that look like a new form of art.
        Paracelsus, thanks for the tip and link. I am pretty good at figuring out how to do things. Today I am going to hang my second led light. It's going to be tough, my husband is insisting on helping and we don't think the same way and I have to use my outside voice to get it across to him that I want it THIS way, not his way. He doesn't touch the grow, but tries to help (thinks I can't use tools...LOL!!!)
        I'm just glad that in a couple of months I'll have a great harvest and be able to germinate more seeds for my next grow.
        Yesterday we went to the grocery and as we were putting away refrigerated stuff, he pulls out my seeds and is heading for the garbage can with them, asking 'what's this? can I throw it away?' Not if you want more to smoke in the coming months. He's best left in front of the tv watching Gunsmoke!
        Current grow:
        2-300w led lights
        2- 5 gal fiber pots
        Seeds:

Comment

I got my camera working and hope these pics come out. All digits are crossed. Notice how it's just spreading out by itself? Tomorrow is 4 weeks since I germinated the seed...Sweet Soma.
          The other seedling is too small to even get a pic of without it being blurry.
          Current grow:
          2-300w led lights
          2- 5 gal fiber pots
          Seeds:

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Morning Blue, coming right along, want be long those roots will hit that KindSoil, then she's gonna start growing fast. Nice.

• bluecanoe
            bluecanoe commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks D.A.A.S. The plant itself is just weird looking but I'm not going to worry about the look of it and why it's doing what it's doing. As of now it seems to be doing just fine and I'm good with that. I can't wait until I see what the Kind Soil will do to the growth of the plants. And I'm going to take your advice and take pics and send them to Mr. Kind and see about getting some free soil.

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Blue, yeah ,if you send him some nice bud pictures, he will sure send you some.

My biggest plant is now almost 6 inches tall. Last week she was just 2 inches tall.She is a stinker! I touched her trying to figure out where to LST and I smelled my fingers afterwards...Lordy I hope that congress passes a budget and the work gets done on my house before too long! I'll have to tell them I have a dead animal in the back room! Just kidding, I'll cook cabbage the days they are working in the house!
          She's as bushy as any plant I have ever seen. I want to LST her, but am of the mindset to let her be and do what she wants and only trim leaves that are in the way. Today is day 28 and she is showing signs of pistils so she's right on schedule. I think she's a 8-9 week plant.
          The smaller plant, the Diesel Kush, has just gotten er 4th set of leaves, she's small but gets spritzed twice a day, has been watered right and given time she'll come around.
          I can't wait until they hit the Kind Soil so I can sit back and watch the magic happen.

Current grow:
          2-300w led lights
          2- 5 gal fiber pots
          Seeds:

Comment

I did some slight LST to my biggest plant today. She's over 8 inches tall and spreading out and is so bushy that I was afraid that some of the inner parts wouldn't get enough light so I decided to try it. She's covered in pistils at every leaf joint. I took off 3 fan leaves that were just blocking progress. I don't intend to take too many leaves off, only if they are obstructing something. From what I am seeing and what the breeder said I should have 4-5 weeks before I'm getting ready to harvest. I've never seen anything like it. We'll see.
            Current grow:
            2-300w led lights
            2- 5 gal fiber pots
            Seeds:

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Wish we could see it.... ;-{

• Paracelsus
              Paracelsus commented
              Editing a comment
              Let’s see what two weeks growth looks like. How is the runt of the litter doing?

• bluecanoe
              bluecanoe commented
              Editing a comment
              Paraceisus, the runt is now not a runt any longer. She's bushing out. Totally different than the other plant, but then again she's a different strain Diesel Kush. She's showing pistils and seems to double in size almost every day.
              The Sweet Soma is tall and lanky, darker green leaves and has budlets on almost every single branch. I'm still not going to trim any leaves yet, going to wait until I can see which ones need to go because they are impeding on what will be buds.

My bro-in-law came over today and took a couple of pics of the pistils on the sweet soma. I couldn't get everything I wanted to. The plant is over 12 inches tall now, and 44 days old. I think I've created a monster by doing LST on the lower branches. Now I can't see the soil for the leaves. It's almost like a ground cover, but I don't care as long as I see pistils. I'm not wanting to cut any leaves, I don't want to do any harm. I have decided to let them get bigger so I can tell which fan leaves need to go and what needs to stay. I hope these pics show what I got going on.
            Current grow:
            2-300w led lights
            2- 5 gal fiber pots
            Seeds:

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              She looks lovely and lanky, just like a sativa!!

I'm having to water my girls every couple of days. I don't water to runoff, but the water comes out of the sides of the pots, onto the catch pans and is sucked up by the bottom of the pot. Today when I felt the bottoms, they were barely moist so I watered again. My forefinger is about 3" long and I stuck it down in the soil and felt no moisture at all. I know part of it is the fact that I have a dehumidifier in the room. But I have to have it. If not there is so much moisture that I'll have a mold problem and I don't want that on my plants or anything in that room. I've been keeping it at about 40% RH but turned it up to 50% yesterday. I've had an issue with temps too. Our temps here have been all over the place, 30's during the day, 20's at night, then the next day 60 during the day and 50 at night. It's hard to keep the temp in my makeshift tent regulated. Some of the tips of the very top leaves on my big plant have turned a tad brown, but I turned the fan back on, since it wasn't 20 degrees last night, and left the tent open so it could get circulation. On the nights it gets really cold I close the tent up. The temp in the room stays around 70 and inside the tent is a bit higher because of the lights. I'm going to raise the light over her, just to see if that helps.
            We're getting a ton of rain so that means more moisture in that room and I don't like it at all, but 'Who'll stop the rain?'. They are calling for almost 4 inches and today we thought we were going to have to bailout and go to my sister's, that would mean leaving the girls here by themselves and risk everything getting flooded. We've never had water in our house, but there's always a first time and I don't want it to be now.
            I think heat and the want for water has made the Sweet Soma go through her changes. I figure as long as she's got water and isn't too hot, we'll be fine. The small plant is thriving, but needing water as often as the big one.

Current grow:
            2-300w led lights
            2- 5 gal fiber pots
            Seeds:

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              BC, when they're in aggressive growth like that, they need more water. And May I suggest that you do remove some leaves so the plants put more energy into development of bud sites rather than all those leaves? I ain't sayin take em all, especially if you don't usually defoliate, but if you take some, the girls will be able to focus their energy more on bud site development.

• bluecanoe
              bluecanoe commented
              Editing a comment
              I did take some leaves off last night. Just felt that the budlets needed more air/light. I only took a couple of the fan leaves. I checked them this morning and she looks fine. Thanks for your sage advice.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              You're welcome, BC! Girl, you need to get a camera phone!!! 🐸🐸🐸🦉🦉🦉🐯🐯🐯. Soooo much fun.

My little plant is as big as the first one. It's about 2 or so weeks younger but that's not stopping it from making a huge show. It's covered in pistils. I have flowers and a ton of budlets on the oldest plant, don't know how old it is, would have to check the calendar! They are wanting water every two days or so...I think the oldest plant is in her final stretch.
            Now I am facing an issue. We have been waiting for almost a year to get some work done on our house, new toilet, bars in the shower, dehumidifier installed in grow room, floor joists replaced or sistered in, encapsulation installed under the house and another dehumidifier under the house, hard wired to a plug in the grow room, and the girls are SMELLING! My husband calls the them Kweef sisters. So I'm going to have to get creative. Spray peppermint oil in the room before the electrician hard wires the dehumidifier downstairs, I've got a plan to hide the tent, Even though they are autos I'll be turning the light off for the couple of hours he's in that room, putting a heavy blanket over the tent in the pretense that it's protecting a picture that I'll lean up against it. There will be boxes and chairs in front of the tent so no one will be able to get close. Hopefully, our weather will be warm enough so I can open a window. I would cook cabbage, but they might think we're weird for eating cabbage for two or three days straight!
            Here I've waited so long to get the work done and now....they come later than I had hoped. But, I will not be deterred, in about a month I hope to be partaking in my Kweef sisters and enjoying every single puff.

Allatup, one day I will get a camera phone, maybe, I just hate phones and hate the bill worse. I could spend the money on something for my grow, more Kind Soil, more bags, more seeds, my light bill.....I'll just have my brother-in-law come over and take pics. We have a little cooperative going. He usually buys my soil, and helps out and I share. He has a friend who grows, so he buys that guy's seeds, lets me keep the freebies, and we are all happy and highly medicated, perpetually. He's got a degree in forestry, but is still impressed with my gardening skills as he calls them!
            Current grow:
            2-300w led lights
            2- 5 gal fiber pots
            Seeds:

Comment

• Paracelsus
              Paracelsus commented
              Editing a comment
              Would it be impossible for your brother-in-law to babysit for a few days? Just a suggestion that way you could open the windows and not have any concerns

• bluecanoe
              bluecanoe commented
              Editing a comment
              Paracelsus, there's no way he could babysit. He has the perfect place, keeps talking about hiding a grow from my sister. But I would have to transport plants, lights, the works over there and I only have one nerve....it would be shot! The people came yesterday and I hid the plants with no problem. The electrician will be working on one wall, opposite of the plants. I will turn the lights off for that small amount of time, spray with peppermint and open a window. It shouldn't take him/her long to hard wire the downstairs dehumidifier to that plug so I'll just take a valium and chill. I will stay in that room the entire time sorting papers and filing and such just to make sure no one goes near my grow wall. I don't foresee them working in that room again. Everything else will be the bathroom, under the house, and outside. I have blackout shades on the windows and during the day you can't see the lights. I'm just hoping that things go smoothly and the work gets done without my secret getting out!

• Paracelsus
              Paracelsus commented
              Editing a comment
              He’s just going to think you were heavy on the perfume.

NI-712 odor eliminator by Neutron,one spray works in seconds keeps a 10 by 10 foot room odor free for 12hours. Don’t use in grow room or ⛺️. It may effect taste of grow.

Comment

• Potted
              Potted commented
              Editing a comment
              Get her or him stoned instead after he’s done... just spitballing here.

• bluecanoe
              bluecanoe commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't do that Potted! This is not a legal state and although everybody I know imbibes, I can't offer anything to the electrician! LOL! Thanks for the laugh though.

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              hey Blue I had the oil guy in to change my low water cut off and while he was there he had to reset the circuit breaker and he saw my rooms he said he sees them all over the city ,but I do live in a legal state

Everybody must get stoned,light a candle use a air wick best of luck

Comment

Everybody came and the papers are signed to start work on the house. YAY! I even left the door to the grow room open and nobody suspected anything! HA! I sprayed a good amount of peppermint oil around the house beforehand, closed the tent up tight and turned off the lights, put a picture covered in a big blanket in front so nobody could see the reflective material if they went back there.

Now I'm wondering if at 64 days of an 8-9 week grow schedule, with buds all over the older plant, if I need to start adding molasses to the water. I can't call it the big plant anymore since the runt has now surpassed the Sweet Soma in height and even in the number of pistils. It's going to be a hoss.The plants are not the same age, the younger one is 2 weeks behind the other one, and not ready for molasses yet. I figure I have about 2-3 more weeks before the plant is ready to harvest. Thoughts?
              Current grow:
              2-300w led lights
              2- 5 gal fiber pots
              Seeds:

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, like Aloner said, it will drop your ph.
                I always use hot-warm water so the molasses will break down much easier, an dissolve, before I pour it on my plants.

• Aloner
                Aloner commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I put it in about a cup of hot water to dissolve it, then added room temp water to make a gallon.

• Paracelsus
                Paracelsus commented
                Editing a comment
                I say congratulations on getting your house adjusted to the way you want. They always do say the best place to hide something is in plain sight. You outlaw.

They aren't great, but here are some pictures. The one with buds all the way up the main stalk is the oldest plant, Sweet Soma. The other one I had to tie down to keep it from hitting the light. They are really beautiful and I'm so happy that I used Kind Soil. So easy.
              Current grow:
              2-300w led lights
              2- 5 gal fiber pots
              Seeds:

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good Morning Blue. ,looking nice, that's a nice size stalk on your plant, I'm thinking you are going to have some huge buds too.
                Good job, good luck with the rest of your grow.

I'm getting close to harvesting the Sweet Soma plant. She's a hoss. I had to take them out and alter the shelving they sit on and while I had them out, took some pics. I found that on my computer when I enlarged them I could scroll up and down and see how beautiful they are. But honestly pictures don't do them justice. I wish I had measured the height, but I didn't. The plant that's covered in white flowers is 11 days younger than the other one, which is 73 days today. It's an 8-9 week plant and the trichomes are clear, with some cloudy. I know that most like amber, Potted mentioned that clear trichs mean couch lock...I like couch lock! I picked a small bud the other night and dried it in the toaster oven and we missed the last half of Wonder Woman!
              Here are some pics, they are mixed up, but you can pretty much tell which plant is which.
              Current grow:
              2-300w led lights
              2- 5 gal fiber pots
              Seeds:

Comment

• bluecanoe
                bluecanoe commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Aloner. I'm giving her another week at least and I haven't been very interested in the color of the trichomes yet, knowing that she wasn't ready. I am getting excited.

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                BC, they look fantastic!!! Job well done!!!

• Paracelsus
                Paracelsus commented
                Editing a comment
                When giants walk the earth, wowser I might have to try some Auto’s myself

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X