Powdery mildew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powdery mildew?

Hey gang, first time using fabric pots but is white substance around bottom of pot any thing to worry about? I have been guilty of overwatering this grow and trying to be proactive on any additional issues. The white substance rubs off easily and have not seen any on plants (yet). Is this normal for fabric pots to stain like this or could it be something else? Have been running rh in the low 60's during veg and now running in mid 40's during stretch, but have been drowning the ladies...
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Hi P. Yes it is normal and harmless. when you water to runoff the fabric is wet, as it dries the white crap is just whatever minerals, nutrients or whatever is in your water. Think water spots on your car after a wash.

Comment

Yeah it ain't nothin, it's gets on all my SmartPots, lick it, it tastes just like salt.
      If you take care of them ,you can re-use them a bunch more times, I love those SmartPots. Especially with coco, almost impossible to overwater them.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• PRIMO
        PRIMO commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder if the people at the laundry-mat care that I use their machines to get my smarty pots clean as new?

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Saw a guy the other day at the carwash washing his So naturally intrigued as I was I had to go aak him if it worked. He said hes always done it that way and has never had to rebuy any since he started doing it. He just turns them inside out and hangs them from the floor mat clips and sprays them with high pressure rinse.

Agreed with DAAS and PRIMO.. If just the visual of it worries you, take a wet wash cloth and wipe it all off..

Looking good..
      “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
      ~ Upton Sinclair

Comment

Thanks everyone! One less thing to worry about! Have been very diligent with first auto grow and decided to go simple and do very little until I saw how they grow. Then I overwatered... 🤔
        DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
        315 LEC
        6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
        6" Carbon filter
        3- 6" fans
        humidifier
        temp and humidity gauge
        5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
        FF trio nutrients

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X