No announcement yet.

Container sizes for autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just filled humidifier and saw this on a couple of lower fan leaves. Is this just damage from overwatering or something else? It can be difficult to compare photos in sick plant tutorials. Autos are in week 5 and diffently flowering.
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello PuravidaC, I hope that damage is from overwatering, when did you notice that ?
      I remember some of those cfl,grows you did, they turned out nice didn't they.

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, DAAS. I was really pleased with past CFL grows. Caught the bug and trying to get better!! Like all of us! 😁

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pura I think that ok for week 5 of bloom as the plant run out of n the fan leaves are the first to show it and I think thats what it is, I'm in week eight and have some leaves like that to it happens

Well your post says morning of the 18th so watering on the 14th only gives 15,16,17th without being watered! I want your plants to grow great and strong lol where is Nebula!
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah depending on your conditions ,they can go a hellava long time before they need water -feed, but when they growing good you want to make sure they got plenty now, to keep them growing good, I don't let mine get bone dry.

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks DAAS I will try and not let them dry out as much, maybe that’s why I have slow growth! I recently managed to get all my pots on grates to keep air moving under the pots so overwatering will be easier to avoid now too!

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey BlueBudz, yeah you got SmartPots-fabric, you need grates under them, hope your plants do good.

Well the girls are looking much better! I fear the stress from over watering which reared it's ugly head around week 4, just as they were beginning to stretch, has had a negative effect on their overall growth. They are really short, even by auto standards, but I continue to learn with each grow. I have battled high soil ph, around 7, AND over watering. I have tried to bring soil ph down gradually, in an effort to not be too agressive, without much success. Without a doubt I will balance ph of growing medium but I start next grow. I have heard others stress the importance of correcting soil ph before starting but as usual, I have to learn the hard way!!!
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, OJH, I am growing in soil so I'm at or slightly above proper ph range but my guy at hydro store showed me a chart of which nutrients are more readily available at ph level. It seems most nutrients needed during veg cover the 6 to 7 range (soil only) but nutrients needed for flower are more readily available on the lower side of that range. I use drops so it isn't as exact as meters. I thought about getting a ph meter but then I read about issues you and others have had and not sure if they are reliable.

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, DAAS. They will be 6 weeks old on Christmas. First time growing autos so I don't know how much more stretch they might have left. Breeder says 8 to 9 week life span.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah they gonna get bigger an fatter. I'm glad they doing better. Happy Holidays PuravidaC.

PuravidaC how are the girls doing?
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• PuravidaC
      PuravidaC commented
      Editing a comment
      They are doing much better, thanks. They didn't have a lot of stretch but I think that mostly came from over watering just as they entered that phase. The breeder said they don't handle stress well, so... I only expected around 2 oz per plant so we shall see in 3 or 4 weeks!

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      Well good to hear they are doing good now

It's been a while since this topic came up but I didn't want to start a new thread.
    I have been happy with my container choice for autos and just wanted to share even though some of you might not agree with my set up.
    When I decided to do autos in soil I wanted to give them plenty of root room to get as big as they could since they grow so fast.
    So I went with two 20 gallon plastic totes with holes drilled in the bottom and sides for drainage and air.
    Then I put about 2 inches of rinsed river rock on the bottom with a couple layers of burlap to hold the soil up.
    Filled them with FFOF soil with some rinsed perlite added and it seams to work really well.
    However one thing I find odd is how much I have to water compared to others.
    I have to water almost every day or I see the leaves start drooping and I don't get much run off, but I water but not over saturate.
    My autos might love water and or I think the wide soil area pulls any excess water out to the sides and evenly distributes the moisture.

Comment

Here are some pics of some autos grown in this set up under a Kind LED 450 light
      I do two plants per one 20 gallon tote

Comment

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        They look good but i would have put them in there own 10 gallon pots rather than two in one 20 gallon pot. Actually I take that back. Id put them in two 5 gallon pots. I dont think 10 gallon pots are really necessary for autos.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X