Drying Time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying Time...

Hello fellow members... Hope everyone is happy with their home grown bud, I know I am...

Just a quick question...
    How long do I let the bud dry under low humidity conditions before it can be smoked?

Thanks...

Depends on how fat the buds are and how you are drying them? Hanging?Laying down?
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

They are different sizes from almost 2 inches to 1/2 inch thick... I've cut the bubs off the branches and have them on a platter.

Comment

Put them in a cardboard box with some newspaper and make lots of holes in the box. Let them dry until stems break instead of bending. Then store in jars for improved taste to cure a few weeks. Opening once a day.

you can start smoking as soon as its dry enough to be lit on fire. But strongly recommend to wait till cured

Comment

If you are drying in low humidity, be careful, you don't want to over dry them.

Comment

I'm in SoCal and the humidity is typically pretty low here. I string my buds on branches up in my downstairs bathroom, it's easy to close off and thus dark, and the clay tile floors help moderate the temperature (even if it's 90s outside that room will be in low 80s, typically it maintains mid 70s with relative humidity in the low 40s). I leave it alone for the first 3 days then check each day, in general I find 4-6 days dries my small 2-3 plant crops.

Personally, I'd rather under-dry a bit and risk having to leave my curing jars open for an hour a day in the early days. Once the weed is over-dry the cure isn't so effective (or it's greatly slowed (never found out my weed gets smoked pretty quick!)).
            Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

Thanks for the info... I let the buds dry on a pan for 4 days and now they are in a jar for curing... Can't wait to try it out!

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
                Beach_Town_Brit commented
                Editing a comment
                The waiting hurts but going a full 4 weeks for the cure is well worth it if you can.
                We get through our weed pretty fast but I always try to make sure at least half the harvest makes the full 4 weeks of cure.

Be sure to "burp" jars daily for the first few days to a week. Don't want mold to ruin all your hard work and dreams!
              DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
              315 LEC
              6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
              6" Carbon filter
              3- 6" fans
              humidifier
              temp and humidity gauge
              5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
              FF trio nutrients

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X