Calynx or herm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calynx or herm

This is my 2nd inside grow ever and I've used reputable clones of strawberry fire alien og. The first run went smooth as smooth could get and then had the same scare @5wks into flower, that I'm having now. Can someone please tell me if this is a swollen Calynx or herm. Plucked them all the first time. No seeds at all during harvest. Am I just paranoid noobie? If anyone could tell me what and why these come out I would greatly appreciate it. Much thanks!
    -2 300w Vipraspectra LED's
    -Foxfarm soil
    -general hydroponics nutea

I'd say its a swollen calyx. Hermies look more like a banana sticking out, from what I've seen online. I've also see seed pods look like that along the stem near the bottom of the bud.

Comment

Thanks gdog that's the educated guess I came to on the first run, after multiple hrs of reading, but first conclusion was that it did herm. I thought my LED stressed it out enough to make it herm. Had to super crop the top cola, it being less than 8" from my light which I couldn't get any higher (just ran it naturally until I found this wealth of info on training) 5wks into flower. Trained the hell outta this one and got the same thing, at the same time. Its only about 2.5' high by 2.5' wide in a 4x4 lol. It has plenty of room away from the ight. I've read of nanners...there r none on mine, but thought it could have been genes of its mom that made it herm. Ill include pics of day 37 from switch

Comment

Abandoned Calyx, you can pluck it and cut it open or just,watch that it sprouts pistils.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I also asked the grower I got the clone off of. He said the same thing...just a Calynx. Wouldn't be stressing so hard about it if i didn't have other strains going in a veg tent a couple feet away. Ones I'm VERY fortunate to have!

Comment

Lmao! Yeah ex​​​​​​actly! I started opening each one up that I did pluck. It has 2 pistils and a seed? That's a little bigger than a poppy seed. Thanks again for the immediate feedback. I appreciate it greatly!!!

Comment

If you have a seed then you have been pollinated.
              here is what one looked like when I cut it, no seed. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171119_191555-1.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	153766
              You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I just ran down to pluck one before the lights went off. The ones I did pluck in time were the same as your pic Furley. The ones that I've picked recently were on the bottom of the branches. Only where i lolipoped it. Ill get back in there tmrw and take a pic of one opened. And go from there...thanks again for your input and knowledge!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X