Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scromiting?????

scromiting?????
    Researchers are warning that constant and long-term use of marijuana can lead to “scromiting,” a term used to describe people screaming and vomiting at the same time. Roneet Lev, director of operations at Scripps Mercy Hospital in San Diego, told the NBC affiliate there that he sees at least one patient

Lol I first heard about this a month or two ago and it seems to really be blowing up in the media this week! Anyone here ever had this or known someone who did? Apparently it's a pretty rare condition...
    My first grow

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you Aloner, it damn sure must be rare.

Hear no scromit, see no scromit, speak no scromit.
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Hah this is so stupid

Comment

I hear it could only take 1 marijuana's .
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• ToxicGrower
          ToxicGrower commented
          Editing a comment
          😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😄😄😅😅😅

• St.buds
          St.buds commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahahahahahaha!!!

I guess projectile scromiting is next.
        I always told my friends that they were going 'hork up a lung'. Especially the tobacco smokers. As that Is something I only had two puffs of when I was fourteen.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Ive heard it may be caused by pesticides in the dope not the dope itself. So keep ya weed clean people !

Comment

I read something about this last week or so and thought that they probably ate something wrong, smoked a ton, got sick from the food and voila! Someone's bringing up yesterday's lunch and everything else in between!
            Current grow:
            2-300w led lights
            1- 60w cfl for germination
            2- 5 gal fiber pots
            Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
            Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
            Seeds:
            Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
            Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
            Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
            Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

Could be "something" added to a certain harvest grown by "someone" who was paid by "them" to purposely and secretly infest our beloved plant in an attempt to unfairly (and maliciously) find something, anything wrong with it because we all know it's packed with medicinal pros that "they" don't want us to benefit from...... just laying out the options here people lol.
              Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
              White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Blazed227
                Blazed227 commented
                Editing a comment
                U prolly hit that nail right on the head.. them govt fcks tryin to sabotage shit..the bastards!!

• St.buds
                St.buds commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe it

We all know, or are, someone who smokes daily. Never heard of or seen anything like this. Maybe we could ask Miley Cyrus if it's true, since she thinks she smoked more than anyone in the history of the world

Comment

• bluecanoe
                bluecanoe commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, ain't that the shit? I read that Snoop Dogg said he smokes 81 blunts a day....that's too much to imagine. Almost 4 an hour, one every 15 minutes, and you know they aren't small. He has to have help.
                And I do believe that there are people out there who would add something distasteful to the bud to make it make a person sick just because they could say 'told ya so'. Those would be some sick bastards but they are there, not wanting cannabis to be legal and saying it's bad for you.

I work in the ER never heard of it. Although there is something called Cyclic Vommiting, basically just uncontrollable nausea and vommiting. Although caused by many things, one is prolonged marijuana use. One of the docs explained how the cannabinoids do some sorta something to your receptors to basically just make you feel nauseated. The only way to relieve it is a hot bath or shower and actually only time I've ever seen it we used Capsaicin cream on her stomach which gets warm just like a hot bath or shower. Its nothing serious though, take a couple day tolerance break and get back at it.
              3rd Grow
              Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
              Tent- 4x4x6.5
              Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
              Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
              Pots- 3gal fabric
              Nutrients- None

Comment

• Aloner
                Aloner commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, bummer! Glad to hear yours is more or less under control. Media hysterics, more likely than gov't plot. I first read an article about it maybe a month ago. I don't know where the term "scromiting" originated but I didn't hear it referred to as such until this week, when the deluge of coverage started.
                Last edited by Aloner; 12-08-2017, 11:50 AM. Reason: possibly unnecessary clarification

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Carrabinoid Hyperemesis, The wife and myself were just talking about this. With her decreasing medications there has been some light nausea.
                "Scromiting" is the street name. hot shower is the power

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                I just thought she couldn't handle the four foot bong like me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	958.8 KB
ID:	152542

I read somewhere that SCROMITING results when "they" are able to implant tiny aliens inside of us--they lay alien eggs on the buds.

The egg is inhaled or ingested (needless to say, these eggs can withstand temperatures hotter than the sun's surface), grows and hatches in our lungs or stomach.

Then, similar to what happens in "Alien," when they hatch, they burst forth in the projectile scromit. They plan to clean up this planet and take it over. We will become their incubators.

I believe these aliens are originally from the planet Scromula in our neighbor the Whirlpool Galaxy.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

007 commented
                Editing a comment
                How DARE they use me and my vomit! Who can I sue?

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                007 Live long and prosper, Scromulan.

007 commented
                Editing a comment
                They probably rode here on Halley's scromit

A mysterious illness induced by excessive marijuana use can cause bouts of uncontrolled vomiting and debilitating nausea, doctors say.

Comment

I am an Internist and teach at a well known medical school. I have actually cared for quite a few folks with Cannabanoid Hyperemesis Syndrome CHS). I have never had anyone try to scream while vomiting. The article mentioned is biased, misleading and lacks a lot of the facts. It is a rare condition that affects only a small percentage of daily users. It is very unpleasant, but not dangerous except for dehydration. The belief is that it is a metabolite (breakdown product) of either THC or other cannabinoids that when it reaches a certain level in the body triggers a response from the emesis (vomitting) reflex center in the back of the brain. Since cannabis is an anti-nausea medicine, people can actually feel better at first when they smoke but later get worse when the active chemicals break down in the body. Since these are all fat soluble and can build up in the body's fatty tissue it takes a long time for the levels to drop down again and for the symptoms to subside. I usually expect patients I admit to the hospital to need about 3 days of IV fluids and anti-nausea medication before they can start to keep enough fluids down to go home. Often doctors just tell the patient to stop smoking and don't explain how the process works. The patient then tries to smoke a bit when they get home and feel better so they start the process all over again. I have seen the same patient admitted 3 or 4 times for the same problem because of this. Not every daily user gets CHS, but the rare ones who do will continue to get it if they use enough without a break to let the metabolites reach a toxic level again. Every patient I have cared for with this does get relief from hot showers or baths. The theory is that the temperature regulating area of the brain (in the hypothalamus) sits right next to the emesis center and by stimulating this, it over-rides the signal from the emesis center. If someone has symptoms like CHS but no relief from hot showers we start to look for other causes. Sorry for the science lesson but there is a lot of mis-information about this syndrome and the press seems to be using it as a way to scare people about Marijuana. When was the last time you saw an article in the paper about the dangerous effects of tobacco or alcohol. Everyone knows that if you drink heavily every day you will most likely DIE eventually of liver disease and that if you use tobacco every day you will probably die younger than you should from cancer or heart disease. Cannabis is one of the safest alternatives to these and other drugs like opiates, so to sensationalize a very rare (although unpleasant) side effect does everyone a dis-service.

Comment

• Dutchman1
                  Dutchman1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow, so very well said. Thanks Newf.

• Aloner
                  Aloner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I rate this post 10/10. My sincere thanks for this science lesson!

• Paracelsus
                  Paracelsus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly, thanks for breaking it down. I shudder at what passes for news these days.

Reckon that's what Linda Blair had in that movie where she was eating that green looking soup ?
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  She wasn't eating it, DAAS: she was decorating everyone around her in it!!! Definite scromiting.

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  She dang sure had it bad, I know that much.

• Dutchman1
                  Dutchman1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ya, but she ate like a pound of kush first 😉

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X