My flowering light schedule has been wrong.. ideas on what I should do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My flowering light schedule has been wrong.. ideas on what I should do

So just finished 6th week of flowering and I was a little concerned with the slow progress.
    checked my timer and the schedule has been 13hrs on 11 off....
    should I change it to 12-12 or go to 11 on 13 off for the remainder of the grow?
    thanks

I would just change it to 12/12 unless you are in a rush. 13 hours of dark might stimulate the buds to finish slightly quicker but they will be slightly smaller due to less light.

Comment

12/12 would be less of an adjustment in the short time they have left.

Comment

12/12 and no worries.
        Organic only soil grower
        Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
        Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

KW, Admittedly I have NO science, experience or knowledge in this realm, so with that being said, If you are not in a hurry, I dont think staying at 13/11 will cause any issues, just take a little longer. They love light..haha, however if under time constraints, could drop to 12/12, maybe even 12.5/11.5 for a few days then 12/12 as that would mimic nature a little more and minimize stress (if that could even be a stresser?). I look forward to others answers on this as well..
          “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
          ~ Upton Sinclair

Comment

Hey Kw101, that little bit ain't gonna hurt nothin, I'd leave it right where you got it now, only thing I see , an extra hour on your light bill.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Leave it at 13/11 or go to 12/12, little difference and no harm.

Comment

I'm wondering what everyone thinks about this: if it's week 6 and Keewee is seeing too slow flower development, would a light change make a difference?

Keewee101 I would sure like to see a picture of the plant; that would help a lot.
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Dutchman1
                  Dutchman1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If he's seeing slow bud development it won't be because of an hour difference in added or less light. Something else is going on.

when plants are outside they go into bloom when the sunlight reaches 14 hours that being said as long as they have gone into bloom(growing buds)you'll be fine
                When plants are in Veg there is a lot of change to them that we can see. when they go into bloom it takes forever for them to change enough to show to us on a daily bases .
                Buds will continue to grow slow until the end of there life then they explode to try and get polinated
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Sockfilter
                  Sockfilter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice explanation OJH..

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X