Ventilation questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Ventilation questions

Hi, I’m stuck in a mid terrace and I’m wondering if I can use my attic for my air intake?? As the room is directly on the street I don’t want to go through the walls for fresh air.

Howdy Smokie, What is the temperature of the air space in the attic? One would no want to pull in air that is too hot or too cold, also a thought of concern, what is in the attic, insulation type, dusty, or signs of insects, etc.? In most building codes, the attics are vented to the outside air (either fan forced or the 'round' turbine type. The exhaust might be a better choice to vent into the attic (smell control) and just take in the air from the room into Your grow space. Some more information (or a diagram or photo) would help.
    Good luck with your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

It’s going well and I’m currently venting outside and using the air in the room for intake but now I’m wondering if I can use my chimney to vent out to?!? I’m trying to figure out the best way to set up for my next one!! Also any tips for silencing the noise from all the fans and ventatation??

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Using as large (diameter) of piping that You can will slow down the velocity of the air reducing the noise. Wrapping the pipe with an insulation layer will also dampen the noise.

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        Hanging fan from bungee cords helps. Also having a larger fan than you need, with speed control, let's you dial down fan speed for much quieter operation.

Thanks for all the help so far, last question is it too early to harvest these babies?? Their master kush if that helps!!

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        The trichomes look cloudy to me, unless You prefer 'couch lock', I would harvest them soon. They look very nice to me!

DW2 thank you for your advice!! Should I be concerned about the pistils still mostly being white near the top of the buds?? I’ll post more pics now!!
      Attached Files

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful plant Smokie, if they were mine I would wait till you see some amber trichs before you harvest. It's best to use a loupe to look at your trichs, looking at stigmas-pistils is not a good way, besides you still got alot of white ones.

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have found that there always seems to be 'new' pistils developing during the bloom cycle. D.A.A.S.69 is correct, it is better to use a loupe and look at the tricomes to determine when to harvest. The more amber tricomes usually means that the 'couch lock' will be heavier, the cloudy tricomes indicate that the THC has developed. It is a matter of what effects You are wanting.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X