Black seed oil instead of coconut oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black seed oil instead of coconut oil?

Is it possible to infuse cannabis with black seed oil?

RF, I had to look up black seed oil, but it sounds like a brilliant idea. Especially if you decarb your bud before infusion so as not to use any heat either on the bs oil or the cannabis.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      RSO is going to get heated to evaporate the alcohol, so that's where the decarbing takes place. I bought the Ardent Nova decarb machine because I wanted to use minimal heat to get the job done and to preserve terpenes, which evaporate off more easily than cannabinoids. It can be fairly dangerous to evaporate the alcohol out of the RSO in a kitchen, since the alcohol is highly flammable.

• Cocho
      Cocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Doh! I totally forgot all about the heating of the oil when making RSO. It just slipped away! And yes, you're absolutely right about the evaporation. Nasty business that alcohol.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Cocho, you gotta quit smoking that weed!!!!! ;-}

It would seem likely that cannabinoids are soluble in most if not all plant oils. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      Ordered some online. Will report back in a couple of weeks or so!

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      It worked with the black seed oil but the oil itself tastes horrible. D:

RFheavy That is the time to put it in capsules!!! It's super healthy, tho...
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      haha! You know my every move and as you can guess, my burps taste awful!

• Canyon Grower
      Canyon Grower commented
      Editing a comment
      You know, olive oil works just fine and tastes a WHOLE lot better !!!!! 😁

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      I usually use coconut oil but I recently found out about black seed oil and I figured I'd give it a try.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X