Dry Ice Hash.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry Ice Hash.

The the other day I had somebody hand me their hash pen and say try this, as I blew it out I realized how lucky I was to find articles like this first:

Although I'm looking for the next thing to help there is a point where I will not settle, it tastes like butane and It was not good. at my day and age I'm looking for something smooth with less impact after 20 years of being a cigarette smoker quote insert here unquote the factor of removing all of the plant matter really appeals to me I don't need fossil fuels to help! so no surprise after Harvest I was eager to shake some more dry ice hash but this time I was looking to go a step farther then my last run, one strain through two bags 170 and 220.
    I ran three different strains through three bags from 70 mic's to the 220 through three different strains I'm hoping to keep the vapable accessible to to my next harvest .

So my question is what people have as experience of storage, pressing into molds and longevity for storage?

I would also like to invite conversation about bubble hash which basically uses the same bags in the different method. Any experience on the both? Opinions?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171205_205934.jpg Views:	1 Size:	954.3 KB ID:	152203
    YES THAT'S A GAL BOTTLE CAP.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171205_205840.jpg Views:	1 Size:	820.1 KB ID:	152204

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171205_205658.jpg Views:	1 Size:	989.7 KB ID:	152205

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171205_205321.jpg Views:	1 Size:	765.4 KB ID:	152206

Last edited by Mr.furley; 12-06-2017, 11:00 PM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

I admit to not reading your entire post; so if you can deal with me being a bit absent minded great. Now I'm an avid vape head and almost insatiable pot head. You will find help making and using vape on this forum. I would caution you not to expect too much though. Well cured flowers taste wonderful and need not be harsh. Vape tastes vaguely of fake sweeteners or worse. If you are looking for a smoke free, clean high, dab is superior to vape in every way. Flavor is pure and clean. Aroma is free of additives sweeteners and icky plant smells. Vape is an overpriced less effective slightly disgusting delivery method. /exit

Comment

Hey LaughingBuddha,
      thanks for your response, the whole vape thing is new to me and from my understanding about dabs from a home made Stand point, curling irons are fun but not effective and butanes too much. After that I'm lost but I understand the concept a little and it looks cool just in my experience making shatter through BTO is dangerous and should require a degree, CO2 extraction in my state requires a degree and is expensive to set up. Shaking dry ice hash is the closest thing at home you can come to extraction without big business, big money or big safety risk.
      I do have some vegetable glycerin extraction going right now, and that can go different ways. hoping to put in a actual liquid vape pen, but for the most part my cloudv
      works great on dry ice hash.
      do you make your own dabs? I'd love to hear about your process / experience in this matter.
      Mr.F
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

You can get a decent dab press for like 300$
      3rd Grow
      Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
      Tent- 4x4x6.5
      Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
      Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
      Pots- 3gal fabric
      Nutrients- None

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank kpenn, I hear wally would sell them now.
        So is it low heat and mass pressure?

Hey Mr. Furley, there's also a pretty simple method to making a hash ive done before. Unfortunatly i lost the original website i learned it from but with a littke research on google you can definitely find it. Its the oven method. You need fine silk screen, which you sift the weed on to get keif. Then wrap the kief in food safe plastic wrap, then wrap that tightly with four layers of news paper, then you wet the news paper stick it in the oven for some time, pull it out and press it as hard as possible with a rolling pin. Then in the fridge to cool and presto! Oven press hash😁. Ive done itna few times years back and it was great.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks H4,
        A buddy of mine had some the other day he had made in the oven, but I didn't ask what he had done.
        I will have to look into it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	50.1 KB ID:	152258

Mr.furley Get you some hemp wick and never use a butane lighter except to light the hemp wick; it burns way less hot and makes the experience much better:
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1

I love making dry ice hash and I use it in my vaporizer mixed with some herb. I make sure the trim/bud is totally dry before I dry ice it by keeping it in paper bags in cool, dark place.

The vaporizer I use now is the best one I've ever used: it's the storz bickel Plenty, it has a huge reservoir for the herb to go in, it's very easy to clean, and one fill will get 3 or 4 people nice and high. I actually have some smoker friends who now come over and say, can we use the vaporizer? You can taste everything, no combustion, just pure heaven. It's a plug-in; I won't ever mess with a battery-operated vaporizer again, they are just too weak.
      Last edited by alltatup; 12-07-2017, 05:31 AM.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Alltatup that looks like a great vaporizer check that out does it do the herb to?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr.furley I don't understand your question????

Looks to me like you have done a damn,good job making that hash MrFurley, it looks like it will get you high as hell to me. I bet it smells good to. Does it smell like that old timely hash, we used to get some killer when I was in the service.
      Friend of mine smuggled 2 big chunks in each heel of his combat boots from Germany ,when he got out of the service, one of them he called chokin red, it was damn sure good too.
      the other kind was hard as a rock, black with layers of white in it, he mixed up tobacco with it in a bowl before we smoked it, it would expand in your lungs and make you cough like a mf-cker.
      You would get high as hell too.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

I have found it gets much better with a cure just like bud. I seal it for a month or more and what a difference it makes. Soooo smoooth.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Desertdan, good morning.
        Quick question if you don't mind, should I be burping the hash?
        I dried my bud but shook it before I cured it. I have been burping my jars along side my bud.
        Would you recommend continuing burping and then sealing or just sealing them up? It is still fluffy and pliable. Thanks for you time.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree w desertdan. I open the hash jar too, to let it breathe n cure.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        I just read this again after coffee and it makes waaaaaaay more sense.
        Thanks for the reply the both of you.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X