Water Temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Temp

I've been doing indoor grows for a couple of years and I find Im still learning ,this question has to do with PH recently I was told that water temp will change the PH of the water,as I grow in my cellar it gets cooler down there ,I filled 2 five gallon buckets then put one in bloom room and one outside of room the one outside was 58 degrees the one inside the room was 64 degrees ,I know thats better but still not right , I thought water temps should be the same as ambient air is that correct and how do others warm water(Ya on a stove is not an option). Or is 64 acceptable, I tried putting bucket next to furnace ,didn't work lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

I add hot tap water to a bucket of water that has been sitting (sitting to offgas some chlorine). I shoot for 70-72°.
    I recently added a 200w cfl down near the roots to keep the roots warm.
    Last edited by Californiakid; 12-06-2017, 07:15 AM. Reason: Typo
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Aquarium heater I keep a extra around in case of a cold spell here. Set it to wanted temp. and it keeps it there!. $4.23 on Amazon.com

Comment

You can always get yourself one of those heated blankets. Either the ones made for keeping the roots of clones warm, or simply one of those you put in the bottom of the bed, to heat of the bed before you're going to sleep. And just sit your bucket down on top of it. Or you might want to look in to some of those water heaters they use in aquariums. I'm not sure how many liters/gallons one of those heaters effectively can heat up, but since some peoples aquariums are pretty darn big, this should not be a problem.

My money is on the last alternative.. seams like a safer contraption to leave on while you're out during the day. Those blankets can tear and I'm not sure how well they are grounded, since we're talking about water etc. And from reading this forum, I know that you're growing in a dirt basement, and therefore I guess a blanket would get pretty dirty in just a week or so.

Check out the info about these heaters here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heater_(aquarium)

Good luck!

Comment

Plants do not have nerve cells and are not able to sense temperatur my well water is always liquid and that's as much as I care to look into it. I let it run free to clear the pipes of any hot water but that's it.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            It is not relevant that plants don't have nerve cells: water temperature makes a lot of difference to roots. If you don't wish to research any further, by all means suit yourself.

Laughing Buddha I think that is one of those things science does not match experience ,I'm pretty sure if you water you plants with 40 degree water it will have an effect you might not see it but those babies are going to slow way the f down, yes plants will use what ever temp the water is but they like a certain range and if you are in that range then they sail along no slow down ,I'm growing Autos and I wan't to get the ambient conditions as ec as I can so the plant has the opportunity to be the best it can be

So my idea was to use a small electric plate to boil water I started with 4 cups added it to 54% water it raised the water temp to 60.4 so I am heating 8 cups of water from a second bucket of water
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• BlueBudz
            BlueBudz commented
            Editing a comment
            OJH like dontknownuttin said, get a fish tank heater cheap and you can set it exactly at the temp you want

49 degree water doesn't come out of my tap. And yeah I think as long as it's not frozen you're pretty much ok.

Comment

Ojh, My understand is that microorganisms in your soil or your nutrients that you feed all slow down the important work in and around the roots system under 65 degrees Fahrenheit and will even go into suspended animation, at low enough temperature that will also aiding in the demise factor of the plant. With this in mind my watering practice for temperature is 68 Fahrenheit to the ambient temperature of the room maybe a couple degrees more because extreme temperature changes is proven to cause "shock" in plants and even kill it.
            it if temperature was of no matter hydroponic Growers wouldn't use Aqua Chillers or thermostats for that matter. People wouldn't "run their hot water out of their Plumbing pipes" and germination mats would not improve the success rate.
            Every step in the "perfect environment" is worth looking at Im not too anal with my water temperatures due to the fact everything sits for days, so as long as my ambient room temperature is comfortable I'm going to check but the most i'v had to do lately is store the water on a higher shelf not on the floor.
            Speaking of you could use a germination mat to warm up your water if need be.
            Space for Rent.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mr. Furley well said I agree with everything you said I ended up bringing 8 cups of water to a boil then pouring it back into the bucket it came from .
              The water temp went from 60 degrees to 70.7 . I thought of the Pad but I grow down cellar and I wouldn't want a heating pad left on .The hot plate only takes a few minutes and I'm right here Thank you for your response thats exactly the information I was looking for.

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Ojh it is also worth mentioning that the root uptake functionality is rumor to kick in at 68f. Below that the plant uptake will slow or even stop. I use two thermometers, one at the top of my canopy which controls environment temperature and my second one at the bottom of my pots, I'll adjust my temperature setting based on both readings for the canopy and root/day and night highs and lows. Ojh100 always glad I could help.

The water warms up pretty quick. What temp is rain?
            Last edited by LaughingBuddha; 12-06-2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Sifting through texts...again that the water is liquid, not viscous is key, beyond that it is warm water that will harm your plant not cool.
              Last edited by LaughingBuddha; 12-06-2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X