• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Californiakid's 2nd auto journal

▪Mephisto Ripley's OG

▪Barney's Farm Sin Trabajo

▪Barney's Farm Critical Kush (2nd run)

5gal fabric pots • Roots Organics Original over Kind soil • Kind led

11/27 seeds went into a cup of water for a 24 hour soak.
    11/28 into rapid rooters.
    11/30 into root organics original soil in a solo cup.

12/1 shells off 2 out of 3
    12/3 shell off sin trabajo
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

By the looks of your profile photo you certainly look like you know what you are doing. Here's hoping the end result looks like that profile pic.

Comment

• Californiakid
      Californiakid commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the compliment.
      The profile picture is critical kush, trying for a better yield this time. Last time I was transitioning from photos to autos, so my autos were on 12/12 for the first couple months. Now we're full auto. Lol
      So they should be able to grow to their full potential.

Getting a little chilly at night. I got a 200w cfl to help the led's make some heat. Seems to be working. Last night got down to high 30s, but my room only dipped to high 50s. The light is hanging about root level to keep the juices flowing. The additional light is a bonus.

The best part is I got it at cost. Went out of town this weekend and stopped in a grow shop that was advertising everything at cost plus tax. Picked up a light, ratchet pulleys, and dry ph down. All for less than half of what the local guys charge. Hopefully enough folks buy some goods off his shelf so he can make it through winter.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish we had a grow shop close by, no such luck. All the growers around where I live ,all we have got is Amazon, that's a hellava lot better than nothing.

• Zomb
      Zomb commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a problem with Amazon. My house always looks like an Amazon warehouse a few days after payday lol. I definitely get my prime memberships worth 😁

D.A.A.S.69 it sure makes it easier not having to pretend to be growing something else. Or multiple something else's to account for the list of needs.lol
    But a large portion of California is agriculture based, well used to be anyway, so getting supplements and amendments wasn't difficult.

Now grow shops are like gas stations. Everywhere!
    Some have great inventory. Some are just selling the latest most colorful label and hype. Such is the free market...but it's a pity to see a sacred plant (ok my passion and hobby) exploited for greed. I'm all for business making profit. But at least care/know about your product and customer base. That's why I'm careful/particular about where&what I buy for my grow. I don't want to support the next Phillip Morris of cannabis.
    Rant over...

whew...no more coffee for me lol

Comment

Subbed! That reminds me--I need to pick up my next round of Kind Soil and ROO for my New Year's grow!
      My first grow

Comment

Looking good for a week old.

Comment

Comment

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            They're so cute at that age!

That warm cozy feelin' when they are rockin' & rollin' !

Comment

I think I'm going to use a germination mat on a timer under my smart pots to keep the roots a little warmer with this run. Kind soil recommends keeping the roots at ideal temperatures for maximum benefit from the flora living in the soil. Sounds like a good idea and easy enough to do without raising the temperature of the whole room. (Cheaper).

Comment

Roots over Kind soil in 5 gal fabric pots.

I prepared these pots with soil the other day and put them in my room. When I dug out a pocket for the transplant this evening it felt cold. So I'm trying out my germination mat under the fabric pots for some gentle heat at night when temps really dip here. Anyone try this before?Thanks for following along.
              Cheers Californiakid

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Calikid, I haven't cuz I'm hydro, but it sounds like a good idea to me. They look quite adorable.

• Californiakid
                Californiakid commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks alltatup!
                I'm happy with their progress. And I'm hopeful the mat will keep root temps up, so they should grow like it's summer.

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Morning Calikid, they look fine to me, and no I've never used a mat to keep them warm, but you would think that would help tremendously, that's a bad thing to let the roots of young plants get cold. They can't handle the cold very well at that age.
                We still haven't left to go hunting yet, now it's raining bad, some of the young bucks have gone ahead hunting, this old buck ain't getting his ass, wet, I can promise you that much, unless I have too, to old to be getting wet in the dead of winter. There will be some sunny days before to long, maybe. Happy Holidays CaliKid

I like the heating mat under the fabric pots. I'll be buying another to ensure everyone gets equal heated root space. The bottom of the pots are slightly warm(no temp probe yet), but the rest of the pots are not cold. I don't know if that made sense. Saying it's not getting too hot. The air is mid 50s low and 70-72 for a high but usually in the 60s.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Very smart, cali. It makes perfect sense: the gentle heat from the mat rises and warms the entire pot.

Critical kush Topped at 3rd
              Ripleys OG not ready for topping yet
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Californiakid; 12-29-2017, 08:55 AM. Reason: Missed som words

Comment

Sin Tabajo may not get topped, maybe just a little bondage.

Comment

Critical kush a week after topping.
                  Until yesterday he air has been really dry so got some tip burn. But nothing to worry about.

Comment

Sin trabajo has been left untouched.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X