Red Diesel & Red Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagan, look what I made!!!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks good Alltatup.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      That, my friend, is rosin? wax? It's the end result of evaporating the alcohol out of some of my tincture, and I'm left with the good gooey stuff.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup....Rosin, also called colophony or Greek pitch, is a solid form of resin obtained from pines and some other plants, mostly conifers, produced by heating fresh liquid resin to vaporize the volatile liquid terpene components.....Is this the stuff in the picture and what do you use it for. I made Arnica cream once but won`t do that again as I applied too much afterwards and it was trippy

Pic`s 1-3 show Critical Kush going into a 20l airpot, having a trim to allow LST, promote growth to the tips and stop any unnecessary small growths. When I grow a new strain to me the first one or two is just to get a feel for how she grows/ likes to be treated. Here, whilst Manifolding I have not followed my usual stem limit and allowed more to remain to see how the it looks later on. Previously when I grew her I had an okay yield of tight dense buds so I`m thinking more stems can handle the same space I usually use for bigger bud strains and will allow an increase in amount yielded. That`s the idea anyway. Pics 4-6 show Red Diesel going into a 20l pot, lollypopped and frame for support and guidance training added.Obviously, if I hadn`t made the mistake earlier in my structuring there would be a further 2 stems but that`s how it goes Last pic is an Ice Breaker which looks like the next to be repotted. Ratty pic as I love ratty`s......
    Last edited by PaganRich; 01-19-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeaaah I fucks wit the 2 pints of beer shit.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, as long as you remember to take safe sex precautions then you should be alright....bag it and bin it alltatup, bag it and bin it which is funny as that slogan is used for colds as well as sex....different ends, same explosive departure.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      "Bag it and bin it," eh? Bless youl!!!!!

PaganRich alltatup Yall MF crazy!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Why thank u.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Garrett...No arguments from me over that mate

Dignity and pride

Comment

Time to go to the Big Tent for this young lass....Red Diesel...Pic 1 shows her before prep, her leaves are lowering as it`s nearly bedtime for her. Due to heat considerations I run the darkness hours between the veg and 12/12 tents opposite each other otherwise in the Summer it`s like Jamaica here, great in Winter as I hardly ever have to put the heating on which is handy. Pic 2 shows pins removed, slight trim and scheduled attached. Think alltatup has a very fine point that she does look a little `stretchy` but we`ll see, she might be like the Ice Breaker strain. Also had a look at some images online and found this (most are just selective bud promo images), Pic 3 and it does have a similar grow structure to mine so this may be an indicator.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        She does indeed look the same in bare naked form. I hope to see her fill out!!! But I don't understand where she will ge the energy since almost all of the solar panels (aka leaves) are gone!

Now I recall reading somewhere that Vikings are quite fond of frosting, but I didn't know that they used spoons.

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        F##king alltatup. Vikings are very fond of f##king and you spoon with your woman in bed...sigh

Red Dragon went into the 12/12 tent today. Pics 1-2 show her before, Pics 3-6 show her after getting her ready for the move. Pic 7 is Critical Kush which is coming along nicely.

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        alltatup...Don`t know if you like elephants?

Bit of a deviation from the title of this blog today but this is to show the frame layout I`m using and having good results with...helps me control a busy, tightly spaced tent. Critical Kush-Pic 1 shows her getting ready to be moved into the 12/12 tent, just before a trim, Pic 2 post trim and Pic 3 support/ guidance added along with grow times. Pics 4-6 show an Ice Breaker going through the same process. Pics 7 & pic 8 show the type of bud from an Ice Breaker I`ve just harvested using the same technique. The bud had that grainy sticky crystal feel. Pic 9 shows a Delhi Friend being defoliated whilst in the 12/12 tent and Pics 10-12 show what I would expect from her growth. This is a Delhi nearing harvest...hope you enjoy

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice!

• Jibblerjoe
        Jibblerjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Real good info and demo.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful plants, an pictures, your Delhi friend, is awesome looking, nice buds.
        Nice PaganRich.

Hey PaganRich, I just read through, very nice work. I really dig how you manifold with 2 or 3 nodes.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi mate....yeah, picked it up here on several of the tutorials...works well for me and thanks for the kind words. It`s amazing I managed to type this as I`ve just realised how stoned I am...

@D-A-A-S-69 ...Delhi Friend is my fav plant to both grow and smoke. Smooth, very smooth hit and come down, strong but nice, great mood enhancer and pain relief. Parent strain for Bud Bud Bling Tingz which is also a great grow by the way....just love this lass...and once you`ve got the hang of her, consistent good yield with thick, dense buds....highly recommend and very easy to grow/ take cuttings, etc

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks D.A.A.S.69...don`t think you will be disappointed mate. The Bud Bud Bling Tingz is Delhi mixed with Blueberry whereas the Delhi works more on the hash smell, feel, etc. Either way both are good but Delhi has the better effect. I did find that lollypopping her was essential as-and I talk with no knowledge as to why-she didn`t gain the height a lollypopped version did and I flipped her around 17-18 inches to get height 34+ inches. She responds well to Manifolding and is a medium where nute intate is concerned. Anyway, good luck, you won`t be disappointed

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Pagan, I wrote every bit of that information down, my next order Delhi Friend is at the top of my list.
        Gonna do a outdoor grow this spring. Have a great weekend.

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        And you, my friend...stay mellow

Hi folks....So, today we start off with Red Diesel...growing very nicely and happy here...Pic`s 1-before defoliation, Pic 2-after, Pic`s 3 & 4-some baby buds beginning to form. Now we come to the Red Dragon & here it gets interesting...to a large part this is all my fault however, there are some interesting let offs as well. Firstly, I don`t do brilliantly growing either Hazes or Kushes and she`s a combination of both-sigh-but in my defence she was a freebie. That said, I do like a challenge. I`ve destroyed more than I`ve got back in yields but my last Liberty Haze was decent and strong and a previous Critical Kush, unexpectedly okay if not a little short height wise. My main problem is that I either don`t realise or forget to dilute again by half any feed I give, even though it`s organic compost tea and I then get nute burn. When I do remember it still proves a tricky grow for me. However, this lass has also done something I `ve had only before from hybrids eg Tutankhamun and that may be the case here (Fused stems). Cuttings of Red Dragon are doing better than this lass-strange really....Pic 5 shows her as she was earlier today, fresh out of the tent for a trim-as you can see nute burn has hit her and that`s purely my fault. Actually, this whole grow has been a tad disasterous but there you go. As you see her height is crap but it`s the stems that`s the interesting thing here. Pic 6 shows her post defoliation (even though she`s not 100% I`m going to run her as normal to see how she copes for future reference). Pic 7 shows the thickness of her base stems. Pics 8-11 show stems that appeared fused, when lightly pressed they give a bit, feeling as it the inside is lacking substance/ really, really hollow. Finally Pics 12 & 13 show a stem that I had tied down early in her grow to allow the others to catch up and then forgot about-see what I mean about this grow, poor lass-anyway, she then responded like this...Finally, Critical Kush...she`s been laying seige to a 600 lamp and whilst slightly more stretchy than I would like seems to follow grows I`ve viewed on the Net....and that`s it folks til next time
      Last edited by PaganRich; 02-12-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Great narrative, Pagan!! (ps.I ordered Delhi Buddy or Delhi Pal or whatever it's called!!)

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Good evening young alltatup and I hope this bitterly cold evening finds you in robust good health....Delhi Friend....check out Bud Bud Bling Tingz which is a Delhi Friend/ Blueberry mix....tight buds, good yields and lovely effects.....there you go, you never thought this old Pagan could show you a new strain for your tent...I`m honoured. Not as if by the gods themselves because that would be awkward with me being a Buddhist and all but still honoured

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Ancient Pagan, this sultry, humid evening finds me well. I always knew you had a trick or two that would cause me to marvel. Now we just have to wait for me to grow the strain!!!

Morning PaganRich, nice write-up, and some beautiful plants, with lots of nothin but bud in your future.
      Strange look in growth, but sure looks healthy and strong. Nice work.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        It`s weird but there`s fewer venues nowadays for folks to play at but there`s still such high demand. You`d think bands would venture there wouldn`t you.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        hey guys if you get a chance sometime and have an opportunity to go see Darren Besset Band check it out he plays country rock just got signed , if you do yell hey Junior when he can here it will freak him out,hes one of my hunting Buddies. kids got a horse shoe up his ass when it comes to hunting

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        If he ever makes it around here oldjarhead100, I sure will give him a check. Cheers for the recommendation mate

Morning PaganRich, haven't heard from you in a few days, I was just wondering how's your hammer hanging,? in other words ,how's everything going ?
      I'm pretty sure all your plants look great.
      an as far as concerts in the USA, it seems all the great bands ,now only want to play in small arenas, no more big concerts over here, at least not nearly enough, I guess they are all so f-cking rich, that they can sh-t on everyone now, they have already got the cash. Now they are too lazy. No more buying cds, from some of them guys.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        I`d imagine a lot of people feel like that these days. Music has so altered since downloading and streaming have become the norm

Update on the Critical Kush.....Pic 1 before 3 week trim, Pic 2 post trim....the 12/12 tent leaf trimming regime follows that used by Nebula and it`s a very good formula which I wholeheartedly recommend

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        DingusKhan and Pagan too, of course:

Here's my definition of a hippie:
        Someone who really sees through the falseness of social and cultural phony ass bullshit.
        Someone who is incapable of conforming.
        Someone who expresses authentic feelings and gives the middle finger up to playing phony games in order to conform.
        A real hippie isn't a particularly hostile person, so this may be where they part ways with punks...
        Someone seeking knowledge and enlightenment. (This was the problem for me back in the 70s: the damn hippies I knew bored me to tears; all they could talk about was drugs.)
        A worshipper of nature.
        One who serves the goddess Cannabis. This includes cultivation, intelligent, geeky discussions with other servants, and use of the sacred herb.

A hippie is not:
        Someone who dressed like a hippie. Lots of idiots did that in the 60s-70s.
        Someone who abuses drugs.
        Someone who's going thru a phase, but will end up working in a corporation or on wall st.
        Someone who's mean to others, like charlie manson, rip.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        yes Pagan you can tell the differences in someones typing , And what the hell does Natter mean lol you can even tell where a person hails from in this country

I do my 3 week trim just like that as well

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100...To natter means to chat, mate...I find American text to be very neutral generally whereas European, Nordic, UK & Ireland have a greater use of slang but that could be just the folks I talk or natter to. Americans are also more polite on the whole as well I find, often using minimal slang but not always. Very neutral generally. This is just me. Others may have a totally different experience in general

Red Diesel....slowly getting to understand this strain...Pics 1-3 show here coming along nicely. Reckon I can get here a third higher again like I did with Crit Kush, on the next grow. Red Dragon....An interesting grow which though it`s not going 100% is still worth it just to learn how she grows. Decided to treat her just as the others just to see how she responds hence, trimmed at week 3 as per others. Rest of pics show her before & after being trimmed as well as tied to supports to open her up to more light. Leaves are tight and close in so did not remove the usual amount. Pics really don`t show that much before and after difference so just uploaded but you get the gist, hopefully. Enjoying growing these two, finding out a lot about these lasses.
      Last edited by PaganRich; 02-23-2018, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        They are looking absolutely fabulous, Pagan!! The bud gods must have liked your sacrifice.

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        What the gods like alltatup is the news that Ministry, supported by Chelsea Wolfe no less are playing a city very very near me soon-ish....all hail Al Jourgensen....all hail Ministry....OH F##KIN` YES...I`M A HAPPY CAMPER!!!!!!

I`ve read a couple of strain reviews that have said that Red Dragon, whilst good for depression, can still sometiimes promote anxiety. Not what I`m looking for so going to have to try, warily. Red Diesel is a lovely lass to grow. Here though is a pic of the Critical Kush lass. This is only the second attempt at growing her. The first attempt was a great grow yield wise, tight dense buds but the height was at least half this lass` height. It shows that I need at least a run with one before I get a feel for how they like things, usually. Reckon that would be the same for Red Dragon but not sure that I will run another grow with her

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Mix it with some high CBD strain?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X