Help setting up bitcoin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help setting up bitcoin

Can someone that knows how to setup a Bitcoin to pay for these seeds from Seedsman help me.. I feel like a dumass trying to set it up lol
    Visit my current grow at
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-5th-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...227-s-4th-grow

Hey 227, i got you beat about the DUMBASS part, I been trying for a couple of months to figure it out, right when I thought I had it figured out, they want take my Mastercard, they said it was a preloaded, but it ain't, I've used it a bunch of times to buy seeds with. I'm convinced I'm not getting any of them freebies, unless something changes. I hope you have better luck than me.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Blue, its a MasterCard direct express, I've used it many times to purchase seeds without any trouble at all, but coin base want let your buy bitcoin with it. They want accept any preloaded cards, not any that are prepaid either. That suxs too. Take it easy Blue, Later.

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.S.S. were the seeds you bought before sold in the US? Seedsman is in Spain, and even though I didn't try to buy the bitcoin with it, it's overseas as well. I'll continue to send cash wrapped in foil and wait for the outcome. If it gets intercepted nobody knows it comes from me, and I pay for stealth shipping. That's why we have so much trouble ordering things online, if they don't originate in the US we're screwed. I don't get that it's a prepaid card either, but that's what they say.

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S. Sorry I've been misspelling your name. Just noticed that and it's a pet peeve of mine. Please excuse the mistake.

I'm on coinbase it's called an says add a payment method so I'm trying to add my card but keeps saying insufficient funds an I'm like yea u didn't try to buy nothing yet wtf just trying to link the acct..err drivin me nuts
    Visit my current grow at

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, that's the kinda sh-t I'm talk in about, I think my brain is about the same size as Jethro Bodine, ever time I get on coin base.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have a minimum on the card?

Wait till you get to the part to increase your buying limit.

I added 2 CCs to purchase Bitcoins without any problems but there was a limit of $100 CDN per week of Bitcoins I could purchase. The limit could be increased with an identification verification; it involves sending them a picture of my driver's license, passport or another picture ID. It would always comeback with an error and you can only try so many times in a day before it makes you wait for 24 hours before another attempt.

On a side note, it's crazy the value of a Bitcoin now. If you purchased a Bitcoin in 2013 for $13 CDN, it would be worth ~$13,000 CDN today.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Din-amn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sockfilter
      Sockfilter commented
      Editing a comment
      Bitcoin was fairly easy to setup, however that $100 a week limit on CC purchases really screwed up my ordering, then the back end transaction fee got me on the second order..lol.. Learned my lesson, but got my order completed, just took awhile due to my frugalness in getting the most bang for the buck..haha

I should have setup BC before placing order then I would have steered clear of my mistakes..

Blazed227 That's how I felt a couple of months ago. Then someone explaind to me WHAT KIND of account to open, and WHERE:

1. Go to CoinBase https://www.coinbase.com/dashboard

2. Then I think you go to Buy/Sell and set up an account. There will be various verifications. I just used my Visa to buy bitcoin, and the $20 I had in there a month ago is now $30. Cool, you save bucks on Seedsman and get extra freebies for using it. Can't beat that with a stick.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Jibblerjoe It really is. My first experience I had no idea of where to go or all the different types of accounts, but once I was directed to CoinBase, it was easy to set up my wallet. Go check it out: you go thru a series of steps of identity identification as I mentioned before, but I used it at Seedsman the same day I set it up. I purchased $200 worth of bitcoins and cut and pasted the codes for Seedsman's account and for the exact amount of bitcoin to pay to Seedsman. It's easy on a computer.

You'll need a coupla extra bucks in your wallet for transaction fees.

• Jibblerjoe
      Jibblerjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      I checked out the link. Do they want pic of ID, and do I need access to web cam to set up bitcoin acct? I'm using a tablet, and the cards not in my name. By the way I sent cash twice, just takes twice as long for the goodies.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      joe, I not sure I remember what they ask for, I think I took a picture of my driver's license, uploaded and sent it.

Yea I think I figured it out, but now fightin with seedman cause I placed an order an it canceld there trying to not put the discount back on an the 8 extra freebies
    Visit my current grow at

Comment

I spent 5 hours one day trying to figure it out. Figured out towards the end that I was supposed to choose something, I chose Coinbase, and then it wanted information. I only wanted to buy a specific amount of bitcoin, just enough to cover the seeds and the fees. Seems I'm not wealthy enough to buy bitcoin! They wanted the exchange rate to be a certain amount so I said Fuck It. I saved 15% for paying cash and got 4 free seeds. That's fine with me and didn't waste 5 hours of my time. I'm usually a very frugal shopper and will always get the extra few percent savings but in this case it just wasn't worth it to me and my stress level.
      I sent the cash wrapped in aluminum foil in a Christmas card with just my order number in the card. I got an email from Seedsman today telling me that my order was being processed. I sent the money off from the US about a couple of weeks ago, (it cost $1.15 for the stamp) so it takes that long to get to Spain. I figure in another couple of weeks I'll have my seeds.
      From now on I will use cash, it's how I've bought all my seeds so far so I'm not changing a thing.
      Lots of luck with your bitcoin experience. Happy Growing!
      Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      1- 60w cfl for germination
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
      Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
      Seeds:
      Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
      Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
      Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
      Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

• Sockfilter
        Sockfilter commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry ladies and no offense but I just busted out laughing with a mouth full of java..

I feel ya Bluecanoe, I went through the same thing as you, but I did not give up..lol.. I had to register like 4 different new accounts with Seedsman with different email addys just to get my order processed using bitcoin so that I could take advantage of all the freebies..haha At 1 stage of my learning curve I was only short like .60 cents in my bitcoin account to place the order..lol.

Lesson learned, however I am sure I will need to figure it out again by the time I need to place another order..

Thanks for the laugh as I can relate..

• bluecanoe
        bluecanoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Sockfilter, I'm glad you got a good laugh at my expense! I don't usually give up, but I did. I was tired of sitting wasting time. I have nothing else to do, but damn if I'm going to sit here and waste what time I have left trying to figure out gobbledy goop. I'm too old for this shit. I'll just pay cash from now on and not worry about any bitcoin, coinbase crap. And they wouldn't have taken my cards anyway, so I came out on top by not wasting more time. I showed them!

007 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good for you boss, you show them what for! I'm finding the patience I had in my younger years has disappeared almost completely as well, but I did manage to scrape enough together to set up bitcoin. I'm out until June however! At least!

I used Coinbase. I was trying to use a prepaid debit card but that was a no go. Sent them a license for id verification and linked a real bank card and presto! Didn't really save all that much because lots of what I bought was already on sale, but did get the extra free seeds

Comment

Well finally got it figured out!! Boy was that a pain.. but I ended up getting 28 free seeds!! 42 I think total.. an I ordered seeds for someone else.. the Cinderella xx from brothers Grimm. 165 bucks for 6!! But some FIRE..but with the 35%total discount I only ended up spending like 25 bucks for all my seeds!!

Seeds I ordered

Dr Greenthumb's Em-Dog Feminised Seeds-3

​​Lemon Kush Headband Feminised Seeds - 3

Pineapple Skunk Feminised Seeds - 3 Exotic Colours Feminised Seeds-3

C99 x Blueberry FAST Feminised Seeds - 10

Free
        FREE - BITCOIN BONUS BUNDLE -8 seeds

Humboldt Seeds- Blue Dream x 3

Jack Herrer Feminised x 2
        RQS - Critical Fem x 2

Blueberry Fem x 2

White Widow Fem x 2

Exotic Seeds - Tangerine Kush Fems x 2

Neville Haze x 2

Last edited by Blazed227; 12-02-2017, 06:22 PM.
        Visit my current grow at

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Aren't you PROUD of yourself, blazed???

• Blazed227
          Blazed227 commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69 I wouldnt say smarter.. they just won't accept your payment , but ye I almost broke my phone I was so mad...I bought the bitcoins ,then something screwed up because I tried to send them so many times an it not working they locked the acct for the day.. then since the Bitcoin was sitting it started loosin value so I got down to like 40$ less then what I deposited !!!! Was soooooo mad. Then this morning looked an was up 30 more then I started with lol then finally was able to pay for my order an stuff lol thank goodness was driving me nuts

• Blazed227
          Blazed227 commented
          Editing a comment
          alltatup sure am that was some confusing stuff lol but worth it I'll have seeds for a while!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X