Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Electricity Can be Used And Not to be Checked? (United Kingdom)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Much Electricity Can be Used And Not to be Checked? (United Kingdom)

how much energy can be used to avoid being checked

Just don"t use all of it and you should be ok

Comment

Im guessing there looking for hugh elec bill increases if at all. They dont want small growers, not worth there time. Id guess if you dont double or triple your bill you should be fine but just my guess.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that as long as you're paying the power company then you're good to go. It's when you start to try and bypass meters that things can go sideways.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Not sure what Scotland Yard is up to (possibly no good these days), but it has been done in various areas of the U.S. http://gazette.com/utility-companies...rticle/1578050

Comment

I would think there are a lot of drafty old flats with space heaters being plugged in this time of year, a little spike in usage will not be noticed. Grow on.

Comment

Then if I start with 12 I suppose everything will be fine

Comment

• Dutchman1
                Dutchman1 commented
                Editing a comment
                How many watts of electricity do your lights draw for 12 plants to be covered. Thats the question. I personally wouldnt more than double my electric bill if I was in stealth mode. Triple would be tops for sure. But again, there looking for big grows and big busts not people with 5-10 plants. Also you need to deal with odor. 12 plants can get pretty stinky. But they do have low stink strains.

in ireland here and i am wondering the same thing i have a 600w hps and 545w of cfls running i keep wanting to add more plants and grow lights lol them 23w cfls are cheap to rig up lol

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey jak, I'm in the USA, and as long as you don't get to greedy about growing way to many plants and using lots of power at the wrong time of day, you ought to be ok, but who knows who's watching, that's why I only grow 3-4 autos at a time.
                You ever see U2 or Conor McGregor over there, I know that's a silly question but I don't get to communicate with the Irish very much.

never seen u2 no interest in them mcgregor lives about 2 till 3 hours drive from me so wont see him much either i have seen him fight twice live early in his career before many people would of knowen of him i train mma myself

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's hard to do many things anyway when your taking care of your garden, I like U2 an McGregor. I did my mma,training back in 69-70, good luck with your grow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X