No announcement yet.

Have you lost weight since smoking weed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've lost 35 pounds since I (re)started smoking 15 months ago. I think I drink less beer for pain relief than I used to.
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Me Myself and I all gained a lot of weight, I guess we followed the munchies to closely for many years. But yes I also lost all those extra lbs., so I am kinda even.

Comment

Originally posted by 90Gizmo View Post
        I've lost 35 pounds since I (re)started smoking 15 months ago. I think I drink less beer for pain relief than I used to.
        So that is the reason, not weed I guess. Smoking weed is apart of my usual routine. So when I need to lose weight I go for a diet. I am a bit overweight so I try to different diets. One of them I recently liked was https://betterme.world/articles/bean-diet/. But I never expected smoking to help me with losing weight.
        Last edited by MehakNich; 08-25-2022, 05:52 AM.

Comment

• 3Berries
          3Berries commented
          Editing a comment
          I went from 6 beers a day to 0 and lost 45 lbs. in 6 months.

• 90Gizmo
          90Gizmo commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe. But I didn't trade beer for food. I rarely get munchies.

Age has a lot to do with it as well. I just don't eat as much as I used to and I suspect it could be the same for some of the older heads here. I recently bough a mid grade THC and high terp count, cookie face, which spurred my munchies more than other buds. At this point I would like to pick up a few pounds.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          yes the cookie strains give me a suger urge, but i'm not as much of a big binger like i was as a teen. Going to 31flavors ice cream store 2-3xs a day LOL. Eating 3-4 choc bars OMG the crazy mixes of munchies we did.

i lost weight mainly due to drinking less beer after my state went legal and i started growing my own.

Comment

This was the right motivation I guess. As for me, my weight loss journey was complicated. I needed to lose weight when I was diagnosed type 2 diabetes. I was even prescribed to buy ozempic online because I couldn't cope with my overweight with diet only.
          Last edited by RonSchn; 11-29-2022, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RonSchn View Post
            This was the right motivation I guess.
            RON! Good yo see you back and posting 👍🏼

Comment

Well if we are gonna study PH and all the other scientific facts of growing weed.. we should also do that with losing weight... I have definitely
              gained more weight when smoking pot but not as much as I would if I was drinking beer.....

dayum my problem is I like drinkin beer too..... I guess Im strange... muhahaha...

Said on Turkey Day.... Gobble till ya Wobble...
              First timer grower
              Current Grow-
              Three King Strain Nov 3 - Clone of that strain also

Autoflowers Alaskan Ice and Zkittles

Comment

Another one sentence unearthing of an old thread with something that AI could have written. Well it certainly makes this forum seem a little busier.

Comment

Unexplained weight loss should always be checked out. It is possible that the weed did something to your metabolism but there isn't enough research on this. Some people can just lose weight without trying...I wish I was one of them! Sometimes weed can make me voracious in appetite.
                  I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
                    90Gizmo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lost lost another seven pounds since I replied last May. Only 5 more months until I can get into see a GI... everything is backlogged. I hope it isn't anything important.

I lost a +100 lbs over a three year period. My blood sugar was too high, technically type 2 diabetes. I quit beer one year then went a couple years before doing anything else. After getting a blood sugar reading of over 200 it was either change my diet or start with the insulin.

So I went to a keto type diet and really lost the weight the first couple months. Been staying on a low carb high fat diet ever since and the weight stays off. You really need to analyze why and what you eat.

Thank goodness for cannabis.

Comment

With complete confidence I can testify that hell no!!
                    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
                    5 gallon cloth pots
                    30"x30"x60" tent
                    Spider Farmer SE3000
                    Coco Pearlite mix
                    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Just my two cents...

Up until 3 years or so ago, if you would have told me that I wouldn't have at least one or two drinks every evening (usually wine or cocktails) I would have told you that you were nuts. However, when I found the joys of cannabis, my desire for alcohol literally stopped overnight and haven't drank more than half a serving a few times in those last 3 years.

Since I stopped drinking, I've lost weight (never been overweight, but still lost 5-10 pounds), I sleep through the night, I don't wake up drenched in sweat, and instead of having Tums several times a week, I can't remember the last time I needed one.

Went to the doctor for a physical this past spring. Had skipped a few years partly because of Covid but my test results/blood work had always been in the 'good' category. This time, all the numbers jumped into the 'excellent' category. The doctor was impressed and asked if I had started a different diet or exercise regime since he saw me last. Nope and nope. I told him the only thing that changed was once I started consuming cannabis, I stopped drinking and he was amazed. He said that he is constantly telling his patients that if they want to improve their health almost overnight to stop drinking but no one ever does it so he was excited to see it in real life!

Not being a doctor myself, it's hard to say that cannabis made me lose the weight (I do get the munchies, but we keep things like peanuts and raisins and chocolate chips to snack on) by itself or if the cannabis helped me stop drinking and that was the trick or if it was being able to address the stress since cannabis does a better job of that than alcohol or if it was a combination of all of that (most likely) but dropping the alcohol and adding the cannabis has made a ton of difference!
                      Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
                      Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X