Reading just about everything on grow lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading just about everything on grow lights

Hello pot lovers. Most of you have seen my dumb ass questions I have been going back and forth reading just about everything on grow lights. I think I am straight on them now. This is how I look at it. By the way I have a lot of members on this forum to thank , so think you all so very much . I would like to thank OUR CREATORS FOR OUR WEED BIBLE . THIS FORUM AND GWE SITE.
    CFL = to small and it takes so damm many. LED = To much money and liking true penetration, and just to much bull shit that manufactures claim.. The only way for LED to work is to buy enough wattage to = the 50w rule. by the time you do this you have spent 7 to 10 time more than you would just buying HPS/MH and CMH(LEC). The electric cost is the same (NOT SAVING NOTHING) when you compare the YIELD and QUALITY. I feel this way even if your grow area is small or large. Don't have to worry about PAR or any of that stuff. YOU have it all with HPS/MH. Today I ordered 4- 600w iPower 600w kits 2- 4x8x7 and 2 5x7x7 grow tents. trying to do perpetual harvest . I will be growing photo period start with 8 wonder woman fem Veg in one 4x8 using 2 600w MH and flower in the other 4x8 using 2 600w HSP. Now I have accumulated 6 300w galaxyhydro and 4' 8 blub HO 54w T5. I will be growing autos in the 2 5x7s. Once I geter up and going I will start me a grow journal and work it everyday. Thanks again for all your help.
    "Its not falling on you face that hurts - Its not getting up on your own" 1st Sgt Evert Pace - KIA 1972

🌱 Amen! I couldn't agree more. I have come to the same conclusions. 🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

That's great news Poppylon, your gonna be doing some serious growing aren't you ?
      I'm super proud for you, and you can't go wrong with your 600watt lights, they do an awesome job.
      Happy Growing.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

As far as cmh vs led I am going to do a side by side next month see what happens.
        It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• Poppylon
          Poppylon commented
          Editing a comment
          that will be assume . can't wait for the results. thanks for getting me going.

• Canyon Grower
          Canyon Grower commented
          Editing a comment
          Please share with us all.

• Sammy
          Sammy commented
          Editing a comment
          Latest Harvest 1 lb 1.75 oz from 1. 315 LEC would be very interested in your side by side comparison

I’m green with envy poppylon! I’m not able to get that invested until we move and that’s a long time away. But, I at least have a 4x4 tent, so can’t complain at all.
        Happy growing, and keep posting, love to see how your light set up works for you. I’m working with high powered LEDs myself, after much studying too. I likely would have gone more your route if I had a bigger tent, or more of them.
        Currently working in soil, my own mix
        4x4 tent, with 1200w (~500true watt) LEDs
        Growing Lemon Kush Headband right now
        quite new so learning as I go, but use lst, defoliation, and topping techniques so far.

Comment

LEDS are sufficient for my grow space. With the 3 lights I have, temps are around 75 - 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Couldn't imagine the heat and humidity I would have to deal with if I had high powered sodium lights.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

How big is your grow space? How many plants?
            what strain ? Ok

Comment

Just switched from CFL to LEC so I really can't make an informed response but I certainly went through the same thought process as you until I saw a 315 LEC at local hydro store!
              DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
              315 LEC
              6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
              6" Carbon filter
              3- 6" fans
              humidifier
              temp and humidity gauge
              5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
              FF trio nutrients

Comment

I have to agree, it seems like a much bigger risk to invest in hi powered LEDs for a result not near as proven as HIDs. Because in the end to compare apples to apples they will cost the same on hydro but replacement parts are much more expensive
                Setup
                4’x4’x6.6’
                600W MH
                2x innova 19w full spec led
                175cfm fan, can 33 filter
                8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• BlueBudz
                  BlueBudz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not to say LED doesn’t have its place. I’m sure if cost is less important then space, heat or any other reason for that matter LED may be the only feasible option

My LEDS plug right into the wall, manufacturer says they are good for 85,000 hours - 8 years.
                ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• PuravidaC
                  PuravidaC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Canucks 147 makes a good point. Even my new LEC lamps need to be replaced every two years (at $100 a pop). But I am really happy with my 315 even through I have no first hand experience with LED. Have you checked out COB's?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X