Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Supplies

Hey folks,

Im rapidly approaching the final 2-3 weeks of flowering on my first grow. Im looking for a list of suggested supplies ill need to properly harvest, and to capture as much of the goodness the plant has to offer. With that being said, I'm not afraid to spend a few bucks to get the RIGHT supplies as i intend to perpetually harvest for the foreseeable future. Thanks in advance for your input!

You will need some big mouth mason jars, some small hygrometers that will fit in your jars ,an some boveda 62percent packs.
    Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 11-18-2017, 11:06 PM.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Some good spring-loaded trimming scissors, for sure! Like the Fiskars micro-tip.
      My first grow

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        The Fiskars are at walmart for about $10

A few paper bags for the trim.Alcohol for cleaning tools an hands.Pizza is good too.

Comment

Definitely get the boveda bags (62%). Your also want some plastic sheeting to cut and trim over. Congrats! Happy trimming!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning Alltatup, you can calibrate those cheap hygrometers real easy ,and they stay accurate for a pretty good while, actually you need to calibrate all your hygrometers, I've got some good ones and they even get out of calibration. Don't throw your cheap one's away,
          Sorry ,this went in the wrong spot,

Hlon, you are coming to the most exciting time!! I've tried all sorts of clippers, and now I only use these for trimming buds: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        I have some more heavy-duty clippers for cutting down the plants.

I keep a little bowl of alcohol on hand when I'm trimming to help with the gumming up on my fingers, but I use a little scraper to get all the good stuff off the scissors, and I put it in the trim pile.

I wasted a little money on cheap hygrometers in the beginning, but the readings were ridiculously inconsistent. So I got a bunch of these (recommended by Nebula):

You can find them a little cheaper elsewhere on the internet if you search.

I got a trim bin that I just used on my harvest:

I really like it because it allows me to rest my arms on its sides and my hands didn't get so tired.

This parchment paper makes EVERYTHING easier and cleaner:

Stuff doesn't stick to it. So I lay my branches on it after I've cut the plant down, I collect all the trim on another sheet inside the trim bin, and I lay all the trimmed buds/branches on another sheet.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I like that bucket idea ATU

• abadtrip
          abadtrip commented
          Editing a comment
          How did u like the trim bin for the price? did it collect much in the bottom tray? I want to get 1 but don't know if it's worth it

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          abadtrip No, I had the parchment paper in there to catch all the trim. I don't see how much resin could get through off of fresh bud anyway... Yes, I like it: it's much more comfortable to set the bin on my lap (on a pillow) and rest my arms on the sides of the bin. It's easier to trim a lot.

What size mason jars should I consider? 32oz or the 64oz? I know something with a wide mouth, but not sure which would be best.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          64 is too large and may trap too much moisture at the bottom.

Quarts work just fine for me

Comment

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, quart is large enough with a small humidity tester in the jar till its cured and stabilizes around 62%. Then I remove the humidity tester and throw in a 62 percent Boveda.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X