New Grower. Plant gone to seed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! New Grower. Plant gone to seed??

Hi. First time grower here. I have 4 plants, 3 doing very well, but one looks like its gone to seed, but seeds are not developing very well.
    I'm ok if it has gone to seed, probably from heat & light stress. It got very tall & I couldn't raise the lights any more.
    It keeps getting new skinny bits growing out of the top of every branch.
    My question is. Has this plant gone to seed? Why are the seeds not developing? Is there anything I can do to help the seeds ripen?
    This was a feminised clone of Golden Tiger. It was switched to 12/12 - 12 weeks ago.
    I need the tent for my next grow & I'm not sure what to do with this plant.
    Any help really appreciated, thank you.

Not sure about the seeds - cuz I don't try that - but next time they get too close to the lights, just bend the offending branch over so she's looking at the floor - but carefully......
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• CannaHelp
      CannaHelp commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your reply. I did bend them over, which was successful with the other plant that got too tall, but this one keep growing these new tall things & I couldn't tie them down. I'm not going to veg for so long next time & scrog a bit earlier, so should avoid this. Cheers

Looks like she foxtailin to me,
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are very welcome my friend, I'm sure pulling for your brother and i hope your medicine really helps your brother, it is an awesome plant with many benefits.
      Good Luck, and again you did great for your first grow..

• CannaHelp
      CannaHelp commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks again. I am doing my best as he has been told he has until Feb. Everything is illegal here, even 93% alcohol, needed for oil. So I am making my own alcohol & meds. I harvested a THC plant last night & got 3 coathangers, lol. I am going to post pics below of the CBD plants x 2. 1 is huge but the other is very short, not sure why. I have done a lot of researching & really appreciate all the help I am getting here.

• BillyKidd
      BillyKidd commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. I've had plants to foxtail on me as well, and this looks like it.

GWE on foxtails
    My first grow

Comment

• CannaHelp
      CannaHelp commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Aloner. Have read that. Mine looks a little different, as in it doesn't have many pistils. They are quite smooth. Almost like seed sacs, but underdeveloped. I'm just going to pull it tonight I think.

Shouod be able to turn it into oil or something?
    Current grow

4x bubbas gift
    4gal fabric pots..
    coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
    600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Comment

• RobM
      RobM commented
      Editing a comment
      If thats what you were goung to make anyway id still make them. From what i was reading in regards to what someone said up there. Its still got thc etc just maybe lower. Least at the end of the day thats what i got out of it

• CannaHelp
      CannaHelp commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks RobM. I gave a wee bit to a friend & he said it was WOW. So must have a good amount of THC. Is very sticky. So I will make some oil & hope for the best. Cheers

• RobM
      RobM commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet thats the main thing

Here are the other CBD plants. One is huge & the other is really short, not sure why. The huge one is CBD PurpleOrange, allthough it hasn't gone purple yet, but looks ready for harvest. The other is CBD Critical Cure, very short. Not sure why when the other 3 plants were all tall.

Comment

• Aloner
      Aloner commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, that cola is insane!

• CannaHelp
      CannaHelp commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Aloner. Not bad for a first try ae

Man they are pretty, some grow tall, some short.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• CannaHelp
      CannaHelp commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. This is only my first grow, so can only get better from here on. I have 3 x WhiteWidows & 1 PurpleOrange CBD at 4 weeks old, from seed, ready to go into tent. Need to harvest all of these now. Cheers for your help. A friend tried some of the foxtail one and said "Wow". So that's good, lol.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is some good news. Good Luck on your new grow.

Hi all again. So I cut down a couple of branches & found several underdeveloped seeds. I know you can find the odd one, but when I checked the rest of the plant, there is quite a lot. I'm keen to get some seeds off this if possible because they are very expensive here. My question is, do they continue to develop once they are off the plant? I'm thinking, not. If I leave the plant, will they develop into viable seeds? How long should I wait before I give up? Kinda need the tent for my next plants, but keen on seeds too. Sorry lots of questions. Pics added. Any & all help much appreciated. Thank you all

Comment

you need to let it fully mature like a farmer you could probably take it out of the room and let it grow naturally till it is done
      when the deer ate my outdoor grow they left one Little bud on a stem that i didn't find until almost the end of October it was full of nice seed
      but the whole thing was dry as a bone

not sure this will work but it did in the wild
      4'x 6' x 8' room
      2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
      sunshine mix #4
      mega crop nutes
      current grow
      cd-1
      jack herer
      afghan kush
      green doctor

Comment

• CannaHelp
        CannaHelp commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Camk. I will take it out of the tent, but I can't grow outside, sadly. Do you think it will still mature if I just leave it in the room? I might try anyway. A learning experience I guess. Thank you

good luck even if you have a couple cfls to put on t it would help the one i found was in the bush and did not see much direct light at all

the first male i grew i grew in the window just to see what would come of it it spewed all over the window sill and floor
      the wife not to impressed lol
      4'x 6' x 8' room
      2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
      sunshine mix #4
      mega crop nutes
      current grow
      cd-1
      jack herer
      afghan kush
      green doctor

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X