More than one way to skin a cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than one way to skin a cat

This has to do with germination, I have found a way to do this with out the use of a paper towel and plastic bag.
    starts with a 4 inch jiffie pot fill with a good seed starter soil,allow seeds to soak for 24hours in tap with a splash of hydrogen peroxide, Prewater pots with ph 6.3,allow pots to dry while seeds are soaking,plant pointie side down and spray with ph,ed water twice a day with sandwich bag humidity dome. Place under lights like floresent about two inches away keep warm 75 to 80% remove domes after u get those first leaves an keep damp till ready to transplant. Mine tend to start drying out in about 2or3 days thay can b kept in this state for weeks if needed but need to b watered mor as thay grow. LOL P.S. don’t take offense cat people it’s only a figure of speach.

That sounds like lots of work. I am way to lazy for all that.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      That may b so but 100% germination rate can’t b a bad thing !

I get a 100 percent rate by putting a dry seed in a rr and putting it in my dome with a heat pad a little water every 12 hrs in the tray wait 3 days and u have your first set of real leaves. Plant.
    I am not knocking your method and if it works for your do it 100 percent is amazing. I killed alot of seeds in the beginning because I didn't have a good method.
    Last edited by abadtrip; 11-17-2017, 10:30 PM.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X